What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Simple bong builds for under $12! w/built-in diffusers and detachable ice chambers.

I used to love making homemade bongs and pipes. This one is entirely stuff i got from the garage so it was definitly under 12 dollars. I never liked using plastic in my bongs because even if it wasnt melting, I could still taste it. The bowl is a metal bowl jammed into a 5/8 in. socket. I drilled the hole for the whip with a normal wood drill bit. Im quite proud cause it took a lot of tenacity and patience to get through that glass. I usually fill this bong with ice and water and im able to get some montser rips.

...Fire On High

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High fire! Nice job with the spare parts! looks well used too. lol.
I must report that I left my bong in reach of my boxer. When I came home from work today the house STUNK of dirty bong water and he totally chewed the shit outa the base! :badday:
At least your is chew proof :chin:
Soooo, back to the drawing board I go....Peace, TBug

G

I've been thinking about making some glass bongs by going to some garage sales and looking for old glass. Different bottles, vases, etc. I don't have anything to heat the glass enough to shape it, but hopefully I can find some already shaped and just do a little careful glass drilling.

TBug

Veteran
High Ganj! thats a good Idea. Glass is a pain to drill, but it can be done. I may do the same. let me know what you come up with, and Ill do the same. Two heads are beter than one, heh? Peace, TBug :wave:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
why am I just now finding this thread....

why am I just now finding this thread....

I'm gonna make one using the marbles later, still lookin for a bottle for my next one high end grocery stores are a good place to find bottles (in the vinagar /salad dressing section

hey ganja, heres some bottle bongs I made, the ones in the first 2 pics were under12 bucks, well 2nd pic was right at 12 I guess I did buy the ash catcher. The 3rd pic, I bought the bowl and stem/with a diffuser so this one was around 40 bucks.I wish I could have found a rounder bottle for this one tho..

TBug

Veteran
High cough! Very nice! Where did you get the the glass tube and conectors? Those are great! thanks and peace, TBug

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
thanks Tbug...I bought most of them from toke city but apparently they are no longer in bussiness. I' m lookin for a good place to buy parts tho. I need a stem for a 3/4 inch bowl (blue dot) ...

I do like the 3rd one you have pictured,I'm gonna play with that idea ,probably today ..as soon as I find my marbles :wave:

TBug

Veteran
cough_cough_eer said:
thanks Tbug...I bought most of them from toke city but apparently they are no longer in bussiness. I' m lookin for a good place to buy parts tho. I need a stem for a 3/4 inch bowl (blue dot) ...

I do like the 3rd one you have pictured,I'm gonna play with that idea ,probably today ..as soon as I find my marbles :wave:
High cough! any luck? I hvent done shit. Time just isnt there these days. :badday: Peace, TBug

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
well I tend not to rush things, but....

well I tend not to rush things, but....

I did find my marbles, but still lookin for a bottle :bongsmi:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
hey Tbug, :wave:
I used a bong I already had that needed more work anyway,and just added my marbles, then I tried it out (product testing ya know) and wondered how it would work if the marbles were smaller, so went to Michaels and found some in the floral dept.:jump: Now she hits perfect, real smooth (maybe a little too smooth) gonna put Roor out of bussiness with this one..... j/k :bis: :biglaugh: It is over the $12 price tag tho. spent about $40 on the parts

:bongsmi: :jump: :yes:

TBug

Veteran
High cough! :wave: way to go! plus rep, even though you cheated,,lol. But way to use what what ya got. GOOD WORK! If you check out wall-marts craft sec, you can find even smaller "flat" marbles.
*thought* Have you ever seen a busted windshield from a car? those little sharp-edged squares and triangles? I would think that would be perfect. Instead of just sliding over the marbles, every time the smoke hit a shrp edge on the way up, itd split up a bit more. ...just a thought
Anyway, if I ever get aroun to putting my thinking cap back on, Ill definately post what I come up with.
been busy with my current grow. down to last several weeks. Hoping I can finish them all, before I move :yoinks: Peace and thanks, TBug

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

It cost me 10 bux for the glass stem, slide and grommet and 20 minutes with a dremmel and a cheap diamond bit.

Its a industrial strenght vase and it hits wonderfully.

Just my little contribution.

minds_I

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
nice one MindsI!!!!!

nice one MindsI!!!!!

yeah I bought some flat ones also, preety blue ones.not really flat but oval like. Actually I have all kinds of broken safty glass at home, (who doesn't :confused: ) I use it to make mosaic (sp) light boxes . this one is kinda beat up but you get the idea.

TBug

Veteran
High Fluch! :wave: welcome and thanks!
Cool art there, cough. Peace, TBug

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Heres one that meets the $12 criteria!! provided bowls don't count. I had all the parts except the bottle and bought new marbles to match the bowl.

3 bucks for the bottle
2.50 marbles
about 5.00for the downstem

you have a new one yet Tbug???

:bongsmi: :headbange

NG2k

hey heres mine,

had this design for about 3 years, absolutely love it. used to have 3 chambers but ive changed down to 2 and up to 3 so many times, and changed tubing thickness loads. overall its great. very strong bong really knocks you on your ass, and makes your stash go that extra bit further.
quite hard to clean tho due to 2 chambers and it being attached to a base board. gotta handy lil ash tray in the middle tho ;)

BUT im going to be building it in glass soon.... ive gone to a glass factory and several shops to find the parts i need. should have it built by next month hopefully.
hope you like:

oh and btw what do the marbles actually do?
Peace :joint:
NG2k

TBug

Veteran
high k2! nice build! the marbles act as a difuser, to keep the smoke seperated. the more you seperate and cool the smoke, the smoother it is. Peace, TBug

NG2k

doesnt water work better than marbles or are the marbles in the water aswell?
that bong i got there must have my no more than £3 ($5) in the 3 years ive had it....
gonna cost a lot more when i build it in glass tho :yoinks::biglaugh:
some good builds u got there Tbug and Eer
ever tried a multi-chamber bong?