What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My organic collection of nuggetry

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
LOL, acutally i am a cook for a profession! That's why I dont have much time on my hands. A girlfriend, cooking, and a perpetual cycle that constantly needs attention. You guys are awesome, and always enjoy and good discussion with the organics crews.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
LOL.....probably. I think if you can make a box of mac and cheese,you could possibly be smart enough to mix soil...maybe.

yes because cheffing and a box of mac and cheese are the same thing...lol your a funny fucker you know that? haha! Here is some of my ladies in veg. BTW one of those bags of dirt is only 20 bucks, I can put into almost 3 flowering plants and get a 1/4lb to 8oz's off of one of those plants, wich means it doesnt cost that much for the dirt when i'm getting almost 2400.00$ from these plants...I mean what's 60 bucks?

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
This is the liquid compost i use almost every watering at 30ml/gal. And some more of my plants in veg. My blue widow is going into flower tonight! Very excited about this plant that was gifted to me. Beutiful growth structure and a nice hardy plant. Peace all! Stagger

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Got allot that's been goin on lately but finally had some time to update my thread. The Durban Poison i pulled at week13, and could still go another week, but i have to make some room for the next ladies. Blue Widow is 1 week into flower and goin strong. Casey Jones in 7gal airpots are rediculously tall but will produce copious amounts of organic medicine for my patients. Super Lemon Haze is at week 7 and smellin of lemon candy funk! Lovin all the replies and corrective criticism! Peace and love all, Stagger.

BTW-OG Kush week 3- these nugs may get large... mb=1[/img][/url]

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
love'n the looks of your og kush. i have to dig down through my og's to find the slh in my growroom

B

B. Self Reliant

Just curious. . . when you put a plant like Casey with a good amount of stretch in a 7 gallon container, what size is the container it's coming out of? Roughly what size is she when she gets transplanted?

I can't even imagine what Casey would do with 7 gallons of root space. . . it's gonna be an amazing plant for sure!

mad librettist

Veteran
I can put into almost 3 flowering plants and get a 1/4lb to 8oz's off of one of those plants, wich means it doesnt cost that much for the dirt when i'm getting almost 2400.00$ from these plants...I mean what's 60 bucks?

let me turn this around so you can see how the nute companies see us:

Hey, these idiots are paying 2400 a pound for weed. They are using our products to grow the same stuff. They are saving so much money, they will never stop to ask if they are getting good value from us. All we have to do is invest in marketing that reminds them of the association between our product and 20$ a gram dried flowers.

I think if you are growing your own, you need some perspective. If you keep throwing good money after bad because you are getting "free weed", you eventually wind up smoking too much and not having any money.

Or put it this way - when i switched to growing my own, I didn't say "well, whatever I was spending on weed would have been spent anyway so I might as well waste it". Yes, I now have a "growing supplies" budget, but I don't set limits based on a situation that no longer applies.

So how much is 60$ when it grows you $2400 in weed? It's the $20 you should have spent on it, plus $40 you could have donated to NORML.

One other note. Pic below is from your garden. What I see here is erosion. What I don't see is mulch! So I am guessing you hand water? Get a mulch on that dirt, you won't regret it!

picture.php
[/url] mb=1[/img][/url]

Last edited:
C

CC_2U

The history of Down-To-Earth is interesting and enlightening.

The photo of their Pro-Organic LC product is a perfect example of scams by fertilizer companies. Consider the name 'Pro-Organic' and note that the term 'organic' appears nowhere else on the label. But the inference is there alongside the OMRI label.

"An OMRI label does NOT mean organic" - even OMRI doesn't make that claim.

Their 'compost' is nothing more than the product from Teufel Nurseries in Forest Grove. When sold under the name 'Teufel' it's $7.80 for 3 c.f. but when it's been bagged at the same packing shed under the name of Down-To-Earth it jumps to $7.95 for 1.5 c.f. - it doubles.

Then there's their oyster shell powder. There is only one company that mines and packs this product - Pacific Pearl. If you wanter into DTE's Eugene store you'll pay $10.00 for 6 lbs. but if you wander into a legitimate farm store up and down the Pacific Northwest you'll pay < $11.00 for 50 lbs.

And then there's their worm castings - another product that is co-packed for them by yet another company.

Bottom line is the DTE manufacturers absolutely nothing. Never have. Never will. Their alignment with Growing Solutions (also out of Eugene) was enough bilge water for many of their former customers.

Nice store though! It has that 'Eugene Kewl' deal going on. Touching indeed.

CC

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Just curious. . . when you put a plant like Casey with a good amount of stretch in a 7 gallon container, what size is the container it's coming out of? Roughly what size is she when she gets transplanted?

I can't even imagine what Casey would do with 7 gallons of root space. . . it's gonna be an amazing plant for sure!

She was in a 3gal plastic pot before i put her into the 7gal air pot.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
The history of Down-To-Earth is interesting and enlightening.

The photo of their Pro-Organic LC product is a perfect example of scams by fertilizer companies. Consider the name 'Pro-Organic' and note that the term 'organic' appears nowhere else on the label. But the inference is there alongside the OMRI label.

"An OMRI label does NOT mean organic" - even OMRI doesn't make that claim.

Their 'compost' is nothing more than the product from Teufel Nurseries in Forest Grove. When sold under the name 'Teufel' it's $7.80 for 3 c.f. but when it's been bagged at the same packing shed under the name of Down-To-Earth it jumps to $7.95 for 1.5 c.f. - it doubles.

Then there's their oyster shell powder. There is only one company that mines and packs this product - Pacific Pearl. If you wanter into DTE's Eugene store you'll pay $10.00 for 6 lbs. but if you wander into a legitimate farm store up and down the Pacific Northwest you'll pay < $11.00 for 50 lbs.

And then there's their worm castings - another product that is co-packed for them by yet another company.

Bottom line is the DTE manufacturers absolutely nothing. Never have. Never will. Their alignment with Growing Solutions (also out of Eugene) was enough bilge water for many of their former customers.

Nice store though! It has that 'Eugene Kewl' deal going on. Touching indeed.

CC

Not sure how your arguing with my results from DTE's products? Some people need to open their eye's i guess? I pull almost 3lb's a harvest from 2000w's with no C02. This gives me and my patients plenty of medicine. I also know the person who has been testing their products for them for many years. A fella with botany and biology degrees may know what he's talkin about when he recommends something like DTE's "Bilge water". THanks for your opinion but these products work wonders for me.:thank you:

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
let me turn this around so you can see how the nute companies see us:

Hey, these idiots are paying 2400 a pound for weed. They are using our products to grow the same stuff. They are saving so much money, they will never stop to ask if they are getting good value from us. All we have to do is invest in marketing that reminds them of the association between our product and 20$ a gram dried flowers.

I think if you are growing your own, you need some perspective. If you keep throwing good money after bad because you are getting "free weed", you eventually wind up smoking too much and not having any money.

Or put it this way - when i switched to growing my own, I didn't say "well, whatever I was spending on weed would have been spent anyway so I might as well waste it". Yes, I now have a "growing supplies" budget, but I don't set limits based on a situation that no longer applies.

So how much is 60$ when it grows you $2400 in weed? It's the $20 you should have spent on it, plus $40 you could have donated to NORML.

One other note. Pic below is from your garden. What I see here is erosion. What I don't see is mulch! So I am guessing you hand water? Get a mulch on that dirt, you won't regret it!

picture.php
[/url] mb=1[/img][/url]
Guess i'm not really concerned the nute companies perspective on us. They make their money and we make ours.:dance013: Thanks for the tip on the mulch by the way, and yes i hand water.

mad librettist

Veteran
THanks for your opinion but these products work wonders for me

No bro, that's you and the plants, not the products. Which means both CC and I feel you are cheating us of the awesome pics you would post if you followed the path of living soil... Not that your pics aren't awesome now. We are just greedy.

C

CC_2U

I've known the guys behind DTE for over 25 years. I know of every product scam that they've run. The potting soil that they brought out about 3 years ago with some name indicating that it's a professional organic mix is a good case in point.

OCB packs this product under other names which sell for 50% less than the price of the product with the DTE label.

Good money if you can pull it off.

CC

mad librettist

Veteran
Guess i'm not really concerned the nute companies perspective on us. They make their money and we make ours.:dance013: Thanks for the tip on the mulch by the way, and yes i hand water.

nute companies - ya its fine to make money, but you are getting the bottom of the barrel. if you do well with this stuff...

Ya each time you water you are wearing away the top layer, which is where most of the action is. I could tell you were hand watering by the way the dirt has eroded.

with the mulch, it will stay moist all the time up there and the roots will fill in all the way to the surface. That will push you towards 2lbs per Kw :)

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
You organic fanatic fellas are quite the preachers huh? How is my soil not living? it has beneficial fungis and bacterias, that i feed with complex carbs, fulvic/humic acids, and compost teas, with liquid compost? Is that not alive? And if that's not enough i add even MORE beneficial microbes to the dirt then what it already has! Peace all, always love the comments and corrective criticism! Stagger