What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

is this a good soil mix?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
is this a good soil mix for growing weed?

Hill Country Garden Soil

Hill Country Garden Soil is a ready-to-go garden soil. Just add plants, fertilizer and water. The Hill Country Garden is a mix of reclaimed composted topsoil, composted rice hull, decomposed granite and a special blend of composts. It is this compost blend that makes this soil so versatile, as it provides a variety of microbes and nutrients that benefit a wide range of plants. This means that you can grow almost any type of plant in this soil. It is great for natives, perennials, herbs, shrubs, even vegetables. The decomposed granite adds trace minerals and aids the soil drainage. If you are planting very acid-loving plants or cacti, we can recommend amendments that can be added to the Hill Country Garden Soil to make your plants thrive. Hill Country Garden Soil is a Lady Bug Natural Brand Product.

J

JackTheGrower

Could be;

Do you like composting? If so you can make several mixes listed here on IcMAG

The basic goal would be the NPK and trace plus minerals.

Composting materials that provide that will give a good mix.

Other non composted mixes are also in the sticky's

V

vonforne

The word reclaimed would turn me off. What are the nutrients made from? To many questions for the money. Invest you money in some basic materials and use the guides at the top of the page and mix your own. Learn to compost on your own and learn to gather materials from various places in your local area. It gets you out of the house and you might just meet your next girlfriend.....who by the way could give you a discount on those materials. :)

V

Both Jack and Von gave ya good advice. Nothing like knowing exactly whats in your soil that comes from building your own. And well worth one's time I'd might add.
But if you don't have the space nor the inclination, I'd say yeah use that soil. I looked them up and, Von, you being a Web Soil kinda of person, you'd be interested in that they claim it's built upon that formula. Is that the right word? Anyways, it based on that. I'd probably use their potting soil though if you can find it. Probably add some of that garden soil you have and perlite. It's an eyeball kinda thing and I've never laid mine on their stuff.
I think there is a lot of local companies that make some real good products. Good luck and grow 'em nice and frosty.