What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone ever grown from a beaster seed...?

I had some beaster seeds from a pretty awesome batch of beasters actually a long time ago, and now im about 1\2 way through flowering, wondering if anyone else has, and what the results were...id like to see pics if possible, i dont have any to post yet want to know if on the right track

EuroToker

When you say beasters, do you mean generic juicy fruit/hashplant/jamaican or whatever they call it these days?

Its hit and miss, I'd say you'll probably enjoy a decent harvest though, I used to grow out my bagseed in my mom's flower garden every summer when i was a teenager in icecream buckets
full of dirt from superstore and a couple plants kept me in smoke and cash through most of the school year :D

Gotta look at the reasons the plant would have seeded though, since most commercial beaster grow-shows are bringing in all fermale clones.

you're looking at a few scenarios
1. best case scenario is maybe they were sexing some clones and a male released pollen
2. outdoor pollen could have got in? who knows, its been known to happen in spain even they sometimes get pollen from morocco floating over and fucking up a nice semsimilla harvest. Could be similar in your area?.
3. Worst case scenario is it was some commercial op that had some yokel sitting on the house handling the day-to-day and they stressed the plant out enough to go hermie, even then though, you could still end up with a nice yield

how are the buds looking for half way through flower? pretty sizable compared to previous crops? have you seen any male signatures among the flowers?

dirkdaddy

I would imagine it would turn out pretty good. if we are talking the same beasters, i.e. the hard compact stuff that is semi-green and covered in red hairs and doesn't smell particularly good (kind of like tea?). but that stuff still gets me pretty baked and I have always wondered how a beaster seed would turn out if grown properly. I wanna see how this turns out!

edit: for anyone wondering what "beasters" is this is pretty much a perfect example. once decent bud that has been tumbled, transported, and compacted to hell.

w1.jpg

Last edited:

Kinderfeld

Oh yea thats beasters all right! Comes from teh asians mostly up in canada. A tea smell? I find it to be a more like a dry, hay smell. Best thing about beasters is their ability to bend and flop in their wetness and not break lol. Beasters can be good though rarely. I have had one good bag of beasters, it looked as if it was barley tumbled and dried up. Very amberish looking trichs but it was way better smoke than it can be.

I have smoked lots of the beast, sometimes there is nothing else around... and I have NEVER come across any seeds. I would imagine these seeds would give you a nice indica plant that probably would smoke real nice done right. There is a thread around here that names actual strains I forget where it is though.

yeah it is very sizable as far as for half way through....reeks like skunk, and packing on the trics, but that could be the kool-bloom and sweet, looks great and oddly enough the batch i got it out of was awesome not condensed, smelled great and crystally. after that all batches sucked, wet, hay like smell, future mold candidate type of shit. plant is frigging huge for how small of a box i have. want to post pics but two nervous as im from the U of A and all and i heard about tracing back your IP ADRESS. but man do i want to show you guys but im to sketched. :badday:

MHHSP

Way back I grew a crop from Mexican brick weed... the plants looked great, but potency was terrible. If your going to put all that time and effort not to mention money into a grow you might as well get some good genetics to play with.

Thump88

I lived on the eastcoast till I was 18 (live in cali now) so I have smoked my fairshare of beasters, but never once did I find a seed in any of my sacs, I think it would be very interesting to see how it turns out. I heard they use a strain called M-39, which I had the pleasure of growing (from clone) but I'd say it could be the strain they use. It was a great plant to grow. I could see why growers would use it, it was very very easy to grow, mold reisistant and a very nice yielder. Here's a few pictures of my M-39. Got it from a Dispensary in L.A. it was said to have been one of APE's cuts so if it was Big thanks to him!

edit: pictures were taken at about 35 days

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Beasters is how you grow the cannabis, not the strains being used. The genetics will usually be pretty strong. Growers pumping out beasters tend to look for great genetics, ones which can power through the abusive grow process.

Case in point, my last hydro grow with temp issues. Instead of fixing the issue, I did the lazy mans fix and used pH up for the root rot.

The ash is nice and white, but the quality is definitely beasters. LOL

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I would imagine it would turn out pretty good. if we are talking the same beasters, i.e. the hard compact stuff that is semi-green and covered in red hairs and doesn't smell particularly good (kind of like tea?). but that stuff still gets me pretty baked and I have always wondered how a beaster seed would turn out if grown properly. I wanna see how this turns out!

edit: for anyone wondering what "beasters" is this is pretty much a perfect example. once decent bud that has been tumbled, transported, and compacted to hell.

View Image

G `day Folks

10 years later -
The beaster is alive and well in Australia !
I saw some buds nearly identical to the ones in the pic just a week ago .
Weak smell and under magnification there were no heads on the trichomes ~ WTF !

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Drewsif

Lol I remember the "tea" smell. More like sugared hay. When I lived in Az they were growing M39, 7% thc, hay without the sugar smell.

Now you see all these people growing hay. Need to up their Brix game so at least they can call it tea.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

View Image

G `day DD

Growing that stuff without the plant stunting chems the Vietnamese use ,it will be a looser flower with better resin and terpenes .

The same stuff is in Australia ...

M39 is NL x SK isn`t it ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .