What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2019

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Cherry Tart fresh frozen hash rosin. This has to to be the best rosin I have ever made.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
dry sifted or made with bags? you dry the hash before squishing? freeze dry?

The plant was chopped and wet trimmed. The buds were then frozen for about 48 hours. I then used ice water and bags to sieve the resin heads (120-45 micron). No freeze dryer, I froze the bubble hash, then microplaned it. Once it was dry, I jarred it up for a week or so to stabilize. It was then pressed in a 37 micron bag at 80°C for about three minutes.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
The plant was chopped and wet trimmed. The buds were then frozen for about 48 hours. I then used ice water and bags to sieve the resin heads (120-45 micron). No freeze dryer, I froze the bubble hash, then microplaned it. Once it was dry, I jarred it up for a week or so to stabilize. It was then pressed in a 37 micron bag at 80°C for about three minutes.

Very nice, after you first made the bubble, was it frozen
in a wet mass, or evaporated first, I wonder.

Seems if the bubble yield was dried at room temp it could be jarred
to sweat/season without the second freeze, then heat pressed.

Not trolling, just thinking out loud.

Now I will pop some thunk crosses I have, to make rosin,
I'll get back to you in a few months.

Saved for future use, thank you very much!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Very nice, after you first made the bubble, was it frozen
in a wet mass, or evaporated first, I wonder.

Seems if the bubble yield was dried at room temp it could be jarred
to sweat/season without the second freeze, then heat pressed.

Not trolling, just thinking out loud.

Now I will pop some thunk crosses I have, to make rosin,
I'll get back to you in a few months.

Saved for future use, thank you very much!

I let it dry as a mass for about 24 hours, but it was too sticky to microplane without freezing. I was worried about mold drying in a solid mass.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Juanita la Lagrimosa x Lowryder2 at 54 days. The far right one has the terpene profile I'm looking for. I might have to reveg her.
picture.php

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Butter Cookies testers at 30 days. I up potted them to one gallon pots. The runt in the back left lost its tap root in the transplant. I doubt it will make it.
picture.php

The Gas and Guns testers got put in rooters with a dome. Several had tap roots emerging already.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I chopped mine too. I removed the large fan leaves and hung the rest of the plant whole. I decided against trying to reveg the back right plant...
picture.php

Here is a shot with some Fiskars for reference. Give them a week or so to dry and I'll do some CBD reagent tests. I'm curious how these end up on the THC:CBD scale...
picture.php

Finally, a picture of the roots after being rinsed. I will dry them, then extract the goodies with coconut oil for Roots-n-All cream.
picture.php

The GC cuttings are still alive and kicking. Today makes 21 days in quarantine. They got another spray of Method1 PPS today. I'm pretty sure they are clean, but one more week will wont hurt.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
After seven days, 4/8 of the Gas and Guns testers are up. I put them in their final containers (solo cups).
picture.php

The other four I will give some time. I bet I would have had more come up if I had them on a heat mat.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Butter Cookies testers by LED Seedz. Turned the lights to 12/12 for a couple days, then back to 18/6. Usually this will make them show preflowers within a week
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
So I harvested the Juanita la Lagrimosa x Lowryder2 plants. Now that they are dry, I did the Beam test for CBD. Plants number 3 and 4 showed CBD while plants number 1 and 2 did not. I pressed plant number 1 and it definitely has THC.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I save my 25 micron bubble hash, rosin bags, and pressed hash for edible grade extracts. This has been sitting in a bottle of ethanol for about a week or two. Today I filtered it through a 25 micron filter, followed by a 2-4 micron filtration. The result is sitting in my freezer to winterize.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Topped all of the Butter Cookies testers by LED Seedz at the sixth node. This should promote some lateral growth as the plant rebalances the auxins. It's still a bit too early to cull plants, but I saw looks like three females, and a male.
picture.php

Gas and Guns by Afterthough Autos at 18 days.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Uh Houston, we have a problem…
picture.php

So I was waiting for these to show pre-flowers before flipping and they got too big on me. So far I have one sure female and one I think is a male. So my options are:
1. Take cuttings, and flip to 12/12 just to see sex. Start over with clones of the females.
2. Take cuttings, top, and flip to 12/12. Just flower in the 1-gal containers with nutrients.
3. Buy a 4x4 tent and finish them in there.

The Gas and Guns continue to grow. They are overdue for a resivoir top off. I haven't been able to get a closer look to see if they have started to flower yet.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Nice grow. Any update on that winterized extract?

Yeah, filtered it and reclaimed the alcohol with my Source Turbo.
picture.php

I then finished it off in a pyrex pan in a double boiler setup. I haven't collected or weighed it yet.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I finally have time for a real update in the workshop.

In the left side of the workbench are the Gas and Guns testers at 25 days. So far no signs of flowering, they sure do have short internode spacing though. I topped up the res with tap water and dropped the pH back down to 5.8. I also pruned the roots that were coming out of the cups. I didn't want them to clog up the pump.
picture.php

In the right side of the workbench are the Butter Cookies testers at 53 days of veg. I think I over did them. I'm going to go ahead and top them and flip them to flower in the 1-gal containers. I'll add some ferments and teas to finish them off.
picture.php

In the top of the no-till cab are the Skywalker OG clones I transplanted about 25 days ago. I topped them about a week ago, today I put up the screen. These should start filling it out soon. I'm going to resume my normal watering schedule in here after running water-only last round.
picture.php

My mothers are recovering from their Megacrop overdose. Between that and the thrips, I lost several mothers including Adonis, Jilly Bean, Grass Monkey, Juanita la Lagrimosa, and Skywalker OG. Thank the maker, I managed to save a Juanita la Lagrimosa and Skywalker OG clone.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Finally got around to finishing off the extract. This was mostly from the food grade hash and leftovers after pressing it for rosin. It weighed about 9.5 grams. I'll use it for edibles.
picture.php

Got the two cuts from each Butter Cookies plant in rapid rooters. Let's see if I find a keeper...
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts