What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

President Trump just legalized HEMP

beta

Veteran
@beta, I do not trust the news or politicians, most people lie. Those people that lie to you have everything of yours to gain.

Yet you trust Trump and news that confirms what you already believe... Funny, that...

I

izzypog

@beta, you have your hang ups, do not project them onto others, you are assuming a lot. So far I have not seen anything that would warrant a freak out episode, if there is anything to find, it will be found. You do not like Trump, that is fine, I will be honest, I do not trust lawyers and they run Washington. As far as the President goes, he was elected by the people, if you do not think he is doing a good job then elections are in 2020 and you are free to vote for whoever you want. Personally, I do not care for Trump as a person, as a President he is doing his job, at least he is not bush(any of them) or Bill Clinton. Most of all this forum is not about who you like or dislike, it is about cannabis and our shared love of it, fuck politics, fuck politicians, let those asses sort their own mess out.

shithawk420

Veteran
I think that if we want to complain about who is right and who is wrong, do not accuse the president, or senate, or congress, look only to yourself, it is not about right or left, it is about whether you are free or enslaved. If you serve any idea, agenda, or idea, make sure it is your own and not someone else's. If you do serve someone else's agenda, then your mind is shackled and your soul is owned. If anyone here is dumb enough to trust any political agenda or politician, shame on you.

I agree with this.

I

izzypog

@shithawk420, thanks, I never understood why people would trust other people to govern them.

P-NUT

Veteran
I've been thinking about it and the only way to open the gov back up and everybody save face is trump has el chapo pay for the wall in exchange for a presidential pardon. Then he can say he made Mexico pay for it. If that happens I'm dreaming all this in a coma somewhere.

Stone

How would this apply to home personal use cultivation? Assuming your state also has a hemp bill.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Surprise! Attorney General Nominee William Barr Supports Marijuana Prohibition

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/surprise-attorney-general-nominee-william-140600133.html

in reality, it matters not even a little bit of shit what he wants. if Congress got their act together & sent the president (ANY president) a cannabis legalization bill, & the Prez signs it, then Barr can go shit up a rope...he will do exactly what the POTUS & Congress tell him to, or he will resign in protest. and i won't miss him...:tiphat:

paper thorn

Veteran
calm down

calm down

why does it need to apply to home personal cannabis cultivation? i mean you could probably grow hemp in your backyard if you wanted, but why?

you would have to go pretty big, as many cannabis cultivators do here on icmag.

plus, there are a lot of industries and assorted startup companies, processing, decorticating if growing for fiber, big ass roller rosin presses or just using regular steam distilling of whole plant essential oils for the cbd guys. or make your own line.

just like in the mmj biz. there is probably a lot more money being made by totally legal vendors, security companies, mj freeway type apps, lights, filters, etc, etc.

lifting federal ban is legalizing. now your state still has rights of its own and most will pass laws to allow it, and many already have.

you may have to already be a farmer to get into the growing side of the biz, but I think there are ways...

to the people who explained to my shameful turd of a self, that Trump didn't do shit, it was congress, the senate then the house, (duh) so what!
Trump signed it.

get off his ass because orange man bad and we will have mj taken off the schedule within 4 years. (it'll take congress a minute to get their act together)
and boys and girls, there have been times in recent history when Dimms held the house, senate and WH and never passed shit.

and it was Republican Majority Leader Mitch McConnell who put it in the Farm Bill and pushed it.

whatever, I think Trump is the best President, you think he sucks, and will not even give him one tiny bit of credit. mmj and rec is rip-roaring where it is and nothing has been done by Trump to stop it even with do nothing sessions as ag.

This thread was not supposed to be about telling me how much you do not like Trump. I could argue about that all day, but we are not supposed to be doing that on icmag.

I pointed out that Trump passed the bill into Law. If O or H had, you guys know damn good and well that you'd be giving him crdeit. having parades and there would be people dancing (some naked) in the streets. even if it was simply lifting the Federal Ban.

So don't do shit. let Marlboro grow the hemp, and we'll just keep doing what we're doing.

which is what we would do if we had parties because it was a Dimm. we are not big scale farmers.
well, most of us.:tiphat:

budsicles

@shithawk420, thanks, I never understood why people would trust other people to govern them.

Followers are much more common than leaders. This is why propaganda works so well on both sides of the political fence. Look how emotionally riled up both pro-Trump and anti-Trump people get over unsubstantiated info. American politics is like some kind of unholy alliance between a reality tv show and the superbowl.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Luckily he will not go after recreational or medical cannabis, he said he does not agree with it but people already have invested money and he will not interfere. I will take him over sessions any day.

yeah, i won't miss that little pissant any myself...

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
Luckily he will not go after recreational or medical cannabis, he said he does not agree with it but people already have invested money and he will not interfere. I will take him over sessions any day.

how do you know? he loathz pot!

CBS.com. Jan 18, 2019

The booming business of legalized marijuana may be seeing a favorable shift from the Trump administration. Attorney General nominee William Barr's testimony this week signaled potential relief for business owners in states that have enacted various laws legalizing cannabis products.

Marijuana remains illegal under federal law, and there's no consensus in Congress on a recent proposal to change that.

While Barr's stance may seem like a departure from his previous get-tough approach to drug policy, he made it clear during his testimony that he doesn't support federal legalization.

"I think it's a mistake to back off on marijuana," said Barr. "However, if we want a federal approach, if we want states to have their own laws, then let's get there and let's get there the right way." He said Department of Justice policy should align with congressional legislation.

Latest posts

Latest posts