What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FogBong! A 2012 conditioning experiment...

Egzoset

Salutations,

This is a multi-part nostalgia thread meant to share perspective which was acquired after being inspired by discussions on cannabic vapour conditioning, 6 years ago: on temperature, filtering, water glassware, cotton, etc...

In the begining i depended on my HerbalAire v2.1 as the dry-flowers extraction engine, it provided both a convenient Inlet and outlet tubing connector system allowing complex attachments, including an aquarium pump and bags.

This logo below illustrates how my "FogBong!" cannabic path passed through a cavity filled with cold fog generated by some water-immersed Mist-Maker:

picture.php

Such long path wouldn't have worked for "light" scenarios i guess, it was more suitable for party situations but still proved useful by showing that fog conditioning was so potent it actually required strict mixing control, for which i was lucky enough to find components that suitably fit together to realize an efficient implementation:

picture.php

Sorry if that looks too specific but my point is that this Ultrasonic Fog generator had an aperture closely matching the diameter of a soft-drink bottle as pictured next:

picture.php

Appreciate its relative simplicity; mostly unassembled above, partly assembled below:

picture.php

No doubt a manufacturer would manage to make it a lot shorter, don't hold your breath for a portable version just yet...

M'well, in any case i found even a tiny aperture translated into a huge gain in terms of comfort. Not to mention comparison couldn't be made more straightforward as it only required this sliding "Shutter" to completely obstruct its associated "Mixing Aperture" in order to provide a 100 % dry version of my "fumet":

picture.php

E.G. open aperture to "condition" cannabic vapour, or just close to cancel. Everything else remains equal, hence the measured effect is fog-related indeed.

{ Continues next... }

Last edited:

Egzoset

{ To conclude... }

Now here's a global view of my 2012 "FogBong!" setup with its mixing cavity full of cold fog:

picture.php

And this is a textual description:
1 - HA aquarium pump
2 - HA v2.1 table vaporizer
3 - Arizer Solo glass tube
4 - Volcano bag
5 - Rudimentary anti-reverse Bubbler/Valve inlet
6 - Rudimentary anti-reverse Bubbler/Valve outlet
7 - FogBong! inlet
8 - FogBong! outlet

Then please consider its simplified form:

picture.php

There used to be a video on YouTube offering a close view on what's really been going on inside that i can put in words, though i wish the reader could also hear it in action as the interesting aspect resulted from condensed water accumulating inside my cannabic path right above the mixing aperture, at the bottom of a curve: hence gravity, surface tension and inhalation forces combined to either open or close this minuscule connection with my outer foggy cavity while the noise kind of reflected it in a fascinating organic-like action indeed.

Put shortly controlled injection of moist air only occured in brief pulses while inhalation lifted condensed water that would fell through the tiny hole once too much had a chance to accumulate inside - quite obviously any lungs-drawning scenario based on a total absence of such control constituted a far stretch, as in my previous short-lived Mist-maker (November 3) experiments that same year...

Temperature never really was a concern and yet i did attempt to compare cold fog to warm steam, just in case:

picture.php

picture.php

No "Washing" of my noble molecules was ever involved just because the cannabic "fumet" never touched liquid water except its surface; the bubbling action only came from warm steamy injection intended to neutralize some inherent heat before reaching this same surface inside the cavity - of which size would set the mixing ratio...

Too bad i couldn't analyze the water searching for filtration hints, on an other hand i can certainly contribute with a testimony stating that the dry bag and the conditioned one compared like day & night. As a matter of fact these recent few days i cared to revisit my HA using either bags or an Arizer Solo glass straw, and so i'm sorry to confirm again the balloons give me serious respiratory issues while the straw gave me a chance to handle it properly until i realized the continuous OVENIZING tends to kill taste (and motivation) fast unless it's a particularily wasteful session.

My customized VG pipe continues to qualify as a "Plan-B" instead of a "Plan-A" today but this last re-evaluation provided a fresh reminder of an old conclusion: i have zero good use for a super-Solo and even less a party bags alternative because they both lack the water, possibly even "Inlet Water" (as from clean-burning butane) i shall say. To be fair i must also mention that my pipes capture a significant amount of particles in a vortex located under their respective bowls, then a light amount of cotton catches the rest at my tubing junction.

Most unfortunately i still need to perform maintenance, just differently... But what "tool" never does anyway!

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Last edited:

Swamp Thang

Veteran
My God that is one impressive contraption. You must have a background in analytical chemistry, to have devised such an apparatus. My head hurts just trying to figure out how it works. I don't know whether I need a bottle in front of me, or a frontal lobotomy, as I contemplate this intricate setup.

Definitely that setup is a one-of-a-kind, and I can picture myself clad in a white lab coat, and running through pages of complex calculations that generate reams of printed data from a mainframe computer, in preparation for each smoking session.

Egzoset, my hat is off to you with serious respect for this post-graduate project. Standing by to read your findings.

Egzoset

Salutations Swamp Thang,

My God that is...

Fun, just fun - And my only purpose is to share that fun the same as before. Senses of humour as that emerging from your kind reply please me specially, at least rest assured it would have been most appreciated back in September 2012, of course!

So, lets briefly say i'd be a fool today if i rejected a nice fresh opportunity as this present echo!

It's like Christmass already. :tree:

...one impressive contraption.

What's been most crazy about it was the moment when i looked at it in a local store for the 1st time and decided to buy it once i made the association of that specific ultrasonic humidifier and the basal part of some 2 L. soft-drink plastic bottle, to be later featured with a pair of holes where to pass flexible food-grade 5/16 I.D. 7/16 O.D. (inches) PVC tubing sold in the hardware store located nearby, euh... But to be honest i vaguely remember delaying my purchase until i could return with a ruler, i think...

:whistling:

You must have a background in...

In principle a sound idea can stand the test of independent replication followed by peer reviewing. It's that basic and i meant those fun experiments to remain relatively accessible, so forgive elitist impressions i may have induced through careful read-proofing behind the scenary... It's all about sharing the fun nonetheless.

My apologies if i'm mistaken relatively to the source of your questions, though lets agree that's how nostalgia is meant to be.

Past never changes anyway. We can just leave it there while trying to learn from it ultimately.

In other words the future resides ahead and my own opportunity window is well over i'm afraid to admit! Yet i remain available in need of further dialog even if my "FogBong!" experiment is 6 years old.

Not to mention walking the path can be fun too, which is reason enough to want to stick around.

My head hurts just trying to figure out how it works.

Ha! Ha! Funny. It's an illusion but i'm glad it had its effect, considering it's little more than a primitive KISS design at best: as far as i care to tell the stars aligned in heaven, search no more!

I don't know whether I need a bottle in front of me, or a frontal lobotomy, as I contemplate this intricate setup.

Nicely put again, i feel strange myself witnessing order which emerges from chaos through contemplation! Thank you for the extension of your enthousiasm!!

:good:

Egzoset, my hat is off to you with serious respect for this post-graduate project. Standing by to read your findings.

Obviously we can both appreciate such a mix of realism and fantasy, hence i'm genuinely grateful for this fine opportunity to develop with my next topic. Too bad i must regret that i only got 1 picture left as of this writing: emoticons are accounted as pictures too! (...)

Woops!:covereyes:Zero pictures now.

M'well, that was certainly stimulating but i need to rest before there can be a suite linking this water thing to the Saint-Graäl of vaporists that i seek...

And i only got a "Plan-B" to play with, so far!...

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

JimMuscles

Lmao what the...? Please upload pix of you using this thing lol maybe you can flavor the fog from the humidifier?

Egzoset

Oh boy,

Another instant troll friend coming to the rescue...

Please upload pix of you...

Gime a better joke for my wasted time, please!

FogBong! was a 2012 experiment as i recall anyway, the conclusions remain of value but this post-conditioning method no longer appeals in clean-burning butane situations -or- eventually when IH power makes it convenient to replace butane with distilled water. But it won't be demonstrated by those conceptually clueless, to begin with. Evidently.

Now welcome to my [ IGNORE ] list.

Latest posts

Latest posts