What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recs on best portable vape? (Flower-compatible)

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I set all my vapes at 420F. I can't help myself. LOL

Occasionally, if the hit is too hot, I'll dial it down a bit but I like a strong hit and 420 gets it there.

Happy Times

Got the ArGo Friday! Pretty happy with it, works well and I think my lungs and throat are in better shape already. I had to learn not to draw until I feel like I’m getting a hit as by then it’s too much, just take a reasonably sized pull and trust it’ll be a good amount. I did manage to drop and break one of the vapor tubes already on the tile kitchen floor- lesson learned to put down the tube while I’m breaking up flower! Got a couple replacements ordered. I’ve been running in the range of 210-220C and I’ve been letting it sit for a little bit after it reaches temp to let the chamber get more fully heated up. I’m normally used to puffing doobs so I do wish I could spend less time clearing the tube and reloading it.

Thanks for all the great suggestions and feedback all.

Last edited:

Happy Times

One thing I realized, don’t really need that “stirrer” for the ArGo, just blow that chunk of nug out of the pipe when you are done and repack.

My lungs feel so much cleaner now! Good deal and thanks again all for the recs

trifector

Well, I think it was THE best when it came out but its fairly old now - I think it is 2/3 years of age now - and the technology from other brands has caught up.

However, I think it still holds its own against anything in its price range but the Firefly and the Ghost are better IMO but they're like much more expensive.

, a quick google search shows most websites still have the Pax 3 as a favourite because its dropped considerably in price : https://www.greensociety.co.uk/vape-reviews/the-best-uk-dry-herb-vaporizers/

Personally, I think the best vapes now have hybrid ovens. The Pax3 is conduction only. Whilst it is quick .. it's not as efficient as a convection vape.

Hybrid vapes use both convection and conduction go get the best of both worlds

Happy Times

Been using the ArGo since about Christmas, haven’t combusted since then and not missing it. My old spacecase has about 6 half smoked doobs in there haha

ridoo

got an old Volcano for home or party things, but use a Starry on daily basis, i really like the temp set up precise at 1°, the removable and standard accu battery, the size and shape in hand, the magnetic clipping top is cool also
the bad side is the small exhaust or tube difficult to clean well

i like to take it with me in a little box with pre-grinded weed and a lill stick for clean the chamber (the boring part to)

from same company Topgreen i tried the XmaxV2, temp setting is simple, but the stuff vap strong, i liked it very much, it works with standard accu battery (same kind as many e-cig) also, i'd like to have another xmaxv2 again because it makes big tokes like a a mini clean-electro-vap-bong

Egzoset

Salutations NizzyJones,
Salutations Ridoo,

Those dental IHs may not last very long.

Please lets avoid blaming the manufacturer or his product while it's actually a result of FC's failed collective memory leading to such improper use as publicly observed - or just fivefold abuse as i suspect!...

In reality the very 1st occurence may have happened in 2014 i think, despite MY warning addressed to LazyLathe not to risk overloading the NoFlame of his employer by properly matching IH output & susceptor mass as a safe preliminary measure exactly.

Take note my wording may have differed slightly.

:whistling:

Anyway there was no further responsive dialog nor any pictures following this strange inconclusive event which only served to mute such topic until last year, for all practical purposes. Which also explains how the NoFlame was changed to the SJK Technic China/USA (and the attached credentials with it)...

More precisely, it was Egzoset who 1st insisted that vaporists should do what they know best instead of engaging in custom-design electronics ventures. Initially i refered to IH tools for garage automobile maintenance, then fancy hair salon appliances (!):Of course the perpetual avoidance of serious considerations for output vs load details may prove to help taming down any eventual newbie temptation to consider such other 3rd-party ready-made solutions i figure...

They're not really built to heat something as large as a vapcap.

Quite correct. Hence it's the DynaVap manufacturer who actually needs to trim his VapCap down, especially now that a large enthousiast fanbase actively turned to induction power. Too bad there was no VapCap readily available to abuse a NoFlame 4 years earlier!

:tumbleweed:

Lucid Customs and Pipes are both good options.

M'well, i like the spirit and they certainly have the merit to exist, but i vaguely recall some relevant brain-storming on specific MOSFET gate-driving chips (which i can no longer find, for a lack of on-topic feedback i'll bet!), euh... At least StardustSailor illustrated this sensible aspect with an "Adjustable Resonance Induction Heater" schematic, while also proposing to compensate ZVS shortcomings with a complementary "Switch Debouncing" strategy, or was it Hackerman?...

:thinking:

As for Egzoset's expectations for IH-driving no need to highlight that's pure extravagance: direct 3-phasic power/heat conversion inside a shielded flux-concentrating 9-poles Power Stage featured with a 10th coil as its feedback pickup (to monitor/identify a susceptor and more), etc. Haptic/audio user-interfacing, ultrasonic bowl-stirring + self-cleanup/post-vaporisation re-heating, relatively resilient/fail-safe (magnetic) power combination (e.g. where 1 dead cell doesn't translate as a full stop), etc., etc.

Yet some launching action had to be performed somehow.

...i really like the temp set up precise at 1°...

You do realize that a thermostatic setup implies uniform ovenization, right? That temperature reflects a past event unless the observer (or his probe) is located at zero distance from its associated reading point, correct??

So, how do you suggest to "scan" through the whole cannabiboïds spectrum if not by raising your precision target in steps - having to fear that all goodies continue to bake slow & steady before it's all released then transported outside such thermalization space?

The Volcano/Arizer (& siblings) cheater (fundamentally-flawed) approach is that of a black-box acquired on a basis of its "elite" price-tag and fame/reputation, which depend more on contacts than brain cells In My Humble Personal Opinion!... It may do wonders with concentrates but i find natural dry leaves are worthy additional care instead of brute force.

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

ridoo

i own no truth, only my own sensations, feelings, opinions about this and that

i just said what i like about those vaporizers

and yes i like to use the temp setting stuff from 175 to 240, i don't what it reflect about ionization of the spectrum in the laser of the thermodynamic space-time compression of the THC, lol, i just like it like this

if it wouldn't work fine for me those stuff would be in trash since long

Egzoset

Hi again Ridoo,

I own no truth, only my own sensations, feelings, opinions...

A valid point, glad it works for you! :wahey:

...yes i like to use the temp setting stuff from 175 to 240...

Then why not the other way around, from 240 and going down?

:coffee:

Euh...

...i don't know what it reflects about ionization of the spectrum in the laser of the thermodynamic space-time compression of the THC...

So you've been briefed - about the (anti-)socialization noise-floor too i hope - yet not about the topic quite obviously!

No problemo. Broad-Spectrum cannabinoïd extraction only means there's no differentiating on the basis of temperature, which (as previously argued...) only reflects an event of the past anyway. This still involves a delay, such alternative exists outside a global slow & steady thermalization (static) frame.

Forget about NASA thermodynamics if you have enough spare time to conduct a dozen iterations ranging from 3 weeks to 3 months on average. It only requires a sufficient sacrifice of resource$ to fine-tune some DiY project as mine without ever having to recourse to anything advanced (it was meant for easy/affordable DUPLICATION & PEER REVIEW), provided effort and money could compensate for such significant limitation typical of an average forum member...

Space-time compression may be a bit overkill i'm afraid, but there's no stopping you from trying a proven "Time-Compressed" experience - which a LASER light-show may certainly enhance though "Micro-bursting" lasts 12 ~ 15 seconds at most. In any case please wear protective giggles if you do!

attachment.php

But i actually dropped the LASER idea kind of early, before even the advent of cap'tain Itnoc i believe.

:yappy:

No, you see in my vaporist realm it turns out that "broad-spectrum" and "time-compressed" refer to "Flash-Vaporisation", or "Pulse-Vaporisation" instead. Using my "Prototyping Platform" you'd already know that Aroma/Taste Appreciation appears to get a boost from some shorter yet more energetic "Heat Burst". In other words infinite heat within the range of application still won't cause combustion by exploiting a physical impossibility of matter to conduct energy instantly. There again there's a delay, but this one awaits to be better exploited, by near-instantly energizing all chemical compounds in absence of thermalization, e.g. without waiting for temperature to reflect vaporisation: it's a transitional event that proves a lot more forgiving in terms of material selection. Why not give it a deep thought someday?...

I like that radiative energy travels near the speed of light through glass but then we'd need to convert it into a proper mix of heat vectors to reach the final intended goal, potentially leading to more delay again...

Never say never; in terms of portability vs battery life such dot-size extraction method might have an edge over past/wasteful prehistoric nichrome technology. It's little more involving than to match the energy output to its workload i figure, so we'd "play" our cannabis-printed disk in a rotating reader with the look of Sony's Discman! Having the option of a graphic equalizer to modulate said spectrum as a bonus.

Etc., etc.

...if it wouldn't work fine for me...

Indeed, like i did with my Arizer V-Tower after ~ 3 weeks of absolute misery. Making me regret to be born in an era of thermo-ionic lamps instead of integrated semiconductors.

The final victory is yours nonetheless, simply keep in mind nothing lasts forever. Enjoy the view!

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Attachments

• Back to the future - Lightening experiment .jpg
    Back to the future - Lightening experiment .jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 37

Egzoset

Eagle Bill:

attachment.php

There's a similarity relative to cavities vs path, but my LAVA Concept invites so much more. For example:

picture.php

( Edit of Dan Steinberg's VaporGenie patent )

It's all about making the transition from VG's basic foundation principles (illustrated above) to my own enthousiast conceptual contribution (next):

picture.php

Such modular KISS concept can be subdivided as halves when experimenting with "Plan-B", where "B" stands for butane (e.g. the power of fire)... It's built around a multi-function 17-holes Metal Disc located at the center of a rudimentary 3-parts Hybrid Core structure (+screen) which happens to offer "Bi-Energy" compatibility, by implicitly supporting both clean-burning butane AND electro-magnetic Induction Heat even simultaneously, if desired!

Do you begin to grasp the implications?... This type of Prototyping Platform i called "Plan-B" actually provides a "window" on innovative perspectives only accessible through "Flash" or "Pulse" heating IMHO. Lets not confuse a mix of baking + micro-puffing compared to precision "Micro-Dosing" where an "Energy Charge" (vaguely ranging around 100 Joules presumably, e.g. maybe half or maybe twice but not five- or ten-fold), euh... In any case effectively matching its associated cannabic bowl having a capacity near 125 mg, that still offers 2 ~ 3 satisfying aroma/taste appreciation ~20 mg tokes despite such portable format, then 2 ~ 3 more still valuable tokes less delicate fragrances.

So. How about YOUR energy budget??

I wonder...

Anyway my LAVACapsule layout can be reconfigured depending on a situation's requirements, with many features as a bonus. The main limit is your imagination...

[ http :// oi68.tinypic.com/352509e.jpg ]

( Latest PinHole experiments/reflexions )
Good day, have fun !! :tiphat:

Attachments

• Eagle Bill's Shake & Vape .jpg
    Eagle Bill's Shake & Vape .jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited: