What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rosin and vape pen recommendations

Egzoset

Salutations Zeez,

We've had the Firefly for almost two years... ... ...only heats when you want a hit. It heats up in a second or two. Very fast.

M'well, it's still based on Hot Dry Air (and somewhat wasting power too) but this one has its heater element enclosed inside the auxiliary wall cavity of a glass heating chamber, as i recall, which helps to make it "1-Hitter" enough i guess. While the other is just another ovenizing system promissing more baking.

So it seems throwing money & power at it still ain't winning the cake...

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I don't know if I would do it again on the firefly. Drawbacks are the price, the accessories cost and the small bowl.

Egzoset

Hi again Zeez,

Indeed, still in need for a bit of optimization, if not innovation...

No love for the DynaVap, although it's torch-operated? Possibly even Bi-Energy! :whistling:

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

OilGuy

If anybody's still looking I've had good luck with this one, and it meets OP's criteria pretty well - under $100, easy to clean, multi-use etc.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
The Terp Pen and the Terp Pen XL are part of my daily rotation. The XL has some design issues but both models are great performers for a very competitive price. And, both on sale right now and Boundless web site.

laszlokovacs

Yeah theyre pretty much designed so you have to buy a new coil fairly often. Try to find something with a bucket rather than an exposed coil heating element. The only way is you have to clean religiously and dont heat up too many times- Q tip out the last 10-15% pretty much cuz otherwise it will burn. Same as a rig essentially, but I still prefer the clean quartz/torch hit more than any pen I've tried (not a ton).

sajesak

So far, I've tried a cheap-o vape pen for rosin/full melt hash/wax and it has worked great at first. However, over time, the rosin seeps into the ceramic chamber and even when I take small rips of freshly packed rosin, it burns the heck out of my throat! I suspect the burnt "waste" rosin that has seeped into the ceramic chamber gives off a smokeless gas?

It's recommended to try burning it off and I've used up the entire battery until the chamber no longer "smokes." Still, even with no smoke, some faint cannabis odor is emitted and it doesn't seem right. Your throat should not burn like crazy after vaping!

I recently got a pu**co pro 2, and this would be the ideal vape pen, but you have to fill the large chamber in order to get a good vape hit. You can't just vape small quantities, and it's very hard to load small amounts without the extract sticking to the walls or getting stuck underneath the coils.

Can anyone suggest a good vape pen for rosin/full melt hash/wax that is:
1) easy to clean
2) has temperature control
3) ideal for vaping small amounts at a time
4) easy to use
5) long lasting/doesn't break easily
6) $100 or less. Volleyball shoes are engineered for agility and support, featuring specialized soles for optimal traction on the court. With lightweight design and enhanced cushioning, they provide the stability needed for quick movements and jumps during intense gameplay. read more
I've only gone out in public for weekly Doctor appointments. I've had a few portable flower vapes for vacations but never needed one for out in public because I would medicate, go to an appointment, and be back in less than an hour for my next dose. That all changed 6 months ago when I retired/relocated and then hockey started up. With boys in ATOM & Novice, I'm at the stadium almost daily, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day which can be 4 hours round trip. I've been medicating and taking an extra-oral dose to get me through the longer outings but in the last 6 weeks I've been to 4 out town tournaments and my vapcap (only current portable) has failed me miserably...butane lighter/s in subzero weather not good! I'm also not a fan of using torch lighters in public, not very stealthy, and look sketchy to passersby. Additionally carrying around big bags of weed on the weekends has been smelly if on my person or at risk of theft if left at the hotel. Carrying a couple of small jars of rosin seems like a better solution but I've been lost in YouTube hell for a week and still haven't pulled the trigger. Someone please put me out of my misery and recommend a good portable rosin setup! lol, I would prefer an RDA-style rig like the Sai Top Airflow because I think it would be less attention-grabbing but it's been out for a while so I'm open to suggestions on what people think works better. BTW not interested in THC ejuice or any form of cartridge just pure rosin portable vapes in RDA or pen form. Thanks!

Tincandtoke

I've only gone out in public for weekly Doctor appointments. I've had a few portable flower vapes for vacations but never needed one for out in public because I would medicate, go to an appointment, and be back in less than an hour for my next dose. That all changed 6 months ago when I retired/relocated and then hockey started up. With boys in ATOM & Novice, I'm at the stadium almost daily, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day which can be 4 hours round trip. I've been medicating and taking an extra-oral dose to get me through the longer outings but in the last 6 weeks I've been to 4 out town tournaments and my vapcap (only current portable) has failed me miserably...butane lighter/s in subzero weather not good! I'm also not a fan of using torch lighters in public, not very stealthy, and look sketchy to passersby. Additionally carrying around big bags of weed on the weekends has been smelly if on my person or at risk of theft if left at the hotel. Carrying a couple of small jars of rosin seems like a better solution but I've been lost in YouTube hell for a week and still haven't pulled the trigger. Someone please put me out of my misery and recommend a good portable rosin setup! lol, I would prefer an RDA-style rig like the Sai Top Airflow because I think it would be less attention-grabbing but it's been out for a while so I'm open to suggestions on what people think works better. BTW not interested in THC ejuice or any form of cartridge just pure rosin portable vapes in RDA or pen form. Thanks!

I use a Puffco plus

Good vapor with concentrates
Discreet
I have two chambers and carry a battery pack for on the go recharge but rarely need it
Keep some cotton tips to clean it

IMG_20240104_230610.jpg IMG_20240104_230641.jpg

A new updated one is available
Looks like a 510 battery vape which a lot of nicotine users choose

Latest posts

Latest posts