What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any " one hit weed " back in the 1970's ?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was it similar to the original ? I would gladly run something 20 weeks plus to be able experience that again.

Mine took 13 weeks of 9/15 light. It could have gone another 2 weeks I guess. 10,000 K fluorescent and a little uvb bulb at the end for 2 days.

I never had '72 CG so no idea, but I ma guessing this is legit. I had '79 CG and it was crap compared to this. It did have that incense smell to it, but was pulled early with white seeds and more density that this '72. This '72 has a bit of the incense but is more complex, not really that 'church' taste or smell.

People that did have the early CG seem to agree this is legit. 90% of people that smoked CG back in the old days had a more indica type than this. Heavily seeded as well.

This stuff weighs almost nothing, explaining why it went away. Money rules the world.

All the phenos are quite potent but I think this last one was the most potent. Runt plant so I did not clone it. Oh well.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This Colombian Gold is all sativa and all in the head with the high. However, it makes your head really high as opposed to some that are so subtle you forget you are high. This one is not a creeper and blasts you right from the start.

Last edited:

Jon 55

ICMag Donor
The best hash I think was Nepalese Temple Loaves of dark almost black hash. Next to that I'd say it would be a tie between Turkish-Iranian and Blond Lebanese. India was producing some fine hash too along with Cambodia which few people even mention nowadays.

Jon :tumbleweed::tumbleweed::tumbleweed:

grayeyes

Best I had was Michoacan in 1969. Take a big draw and taste a faint incense. Wait ten minutes and wonder wtf did I do? No cough, no taste almost at all. But when the physical hallucinations set in you knew you were flying.

'Boogieman'

Im 30 yrs old, started smoking when I was 13. When I was a kid we got Mexican brick weed. I got these highs that you guys describe here. I also got highs that gave me extream paranoia, uncontrollable laughter, or very sleepy like someone said could fall asleep standing up. Most brickweed was average smoke but sometimes you got something you really liked.

I remember running from my house after smoking weed thinking my dad was calling my name, heart pumping and tweaking out I hid in the woods all day until I came down and felt safe enough to come home only to realize he was still at work. The first time I smoked weed before school everyone sounded like the teacher on Charlie Brown and I fell asleep going in and out of it all day.

To this day my gold standard is Mexican brick and I only wish I could smoke weed from the 70's. But I definitely hold highs from brickweed in my teens over anything I have smoked today.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i dont really have any business in this thread accept that my dad and other old heads say that weed is not the same.tolerence is one possibility but they claim otherwise.i know the last old school strains i smoked 15 years ago grown by old school heads beats the pants off anything i can get now.remember that scene from cheech and chongs up in smoke where they couldnt even move they were so stoned?thats what im talking about.maybe were just getting older but i havent had anything like it since.maybe weed is getting "stronger"but i dont think its getting better.

THC % may be up, but it is not the same. guess i am old ...:comfort:

Smokerman

Veteran
I remember back in high school around 72 my buddy used to get weed from his brother, he got something he called Hawaiian.(to this day it’s the best weed I ever smoked)
We got shit faced and during shop class we had to change the valve cover gasket on the shop teachers gremlin. Well, that didn’t go so well, the next day we found out the plug wires were kinda stuck underneath.
Boy was he pissed. My buddy and I laughed like fuck the whole time we tried this simple task.
Ah the good old days, miss them.

Last edited:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Best weed, first Thai Stick 1971 I ever saw, six people on a pinner, I rolled it, everybody looked at the guy that brought it over and said what was in it besides weed. Was a whole nuther dimension. Was not opiated, I know the smell of opium.
Gold Colombian 1973, felt like you were starting up a magic carpet for a joy ride you would never forget, you could feel it radiating out from your lungs into your extremities through your veins. I went through pounds of it, not just one bag. Music was best at full volume and close up, you wanted to be part of it.
First herb I grew proper 1975 Mexican down on the river bottom called it the Yule Log, it was what lit the fire under my ass to move to Humboldt and camp out on raw forest land with a month old baby that grew up to be a criminal defense attorney.
Loved every second of that shit.

P

psilocybevybe

The best hash I think was Nepalese Temple Loaves of dark almost black hash. Next to that I'd say it would be a tie between Turkish-Iranian and Blond Lebanese. India was producing some fine hash too along with Cambodia which few people even mention nowadays.

Jon :tumbleweed::tumbleweed::tumbleweed:

agreed Nepalese temple balls..smoked some in Amstelveen,

half way into the joint a had to stub it out

dropped a g of it at customs..he he as i wasn't going to waste it:), could barely hold my passport up:biggrin:

It was a two day drag my ass episode,
"woke up" in Rome with a mighty stone over and killer munchies

warm fuzzies lol

I was a kid in the mid-late '70's. A friends older brother had some weed he said was Colombian Rainbow. My friend and I smoked some in the morning on our way to class in high school. It was probably more than one hit - I don't remember- but it wasn't more than a couple tokes a piece as my friend pinched a small top from his older brothers bag. To this day, one of the best highs I've ever experienced. I was high for hours.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Hash is a whole other thing... Nepalese TB's just like everyone said, fingers and paddles too, fresh hand rubbed. Floaty dreamy high.
Slabs of Black Afghani, great hash taste, smoke sit, dream for hours.
Soft like play-dough Kashmiri Hash, I tried to make date bars with em but could only grind it down to chocolate chip size, turned out to be wayyyy to much, people who actually got one of those down were high for days.
All hash were sit down affairs, not ones to keep you dancing too long before you had to just sit and dream.
I liked the good herb better, more lively and fun. Same as today with the varieties of herb and hash we have, you can go here or you can go there, it's all good just different.

bigAl25

Veteran
The first was the Thai that Mikey obtained and I paid $300 for an ounce. Worth every penny and any lightweights that were lucky enough to be around and sampled were brought to their week knees. I found one seed in the OZ and grew it out under a 400 watt lamp. Got to 5 feet tall, flowered then fucking went herm all over on me. Broke my fucking heart, but still smoked the stuff.
Colombian gold only once and it was heaven and wish we could still get that stuff.
ODad's ganja grown in SW Hoosier state. It was one toke smoke and ranked right there with Thai and Colombian gold.
I've been trying to grow something as great as these examples for the past 12 years, but to no avail. I have good ganja properly dried, and mason jared cured, tastes great but not as powerful as these strains 30 or 40 years ago. Why the hell is that. I ready for legalized Thai and Colombian gold to be imported into the US for our consumption. Unfortunately ODad passed from cancer 20 years ago. God rest his soul.

I think it depended a lot more on connections.

I'm sure the Beatles had some good weed. Not sure their band lasted to the 70's.

Pretty sure the Stones & the Dead had access to good weed, in the 70's.

i know for a fact the Stones had good smoke. :) Also had to make sure Keith was a the end of the line cause when it reached Keith it went no further.

Drewsif

One hit? Nope. Thats rose colored glasses.

Take 5 hits and be 3 times as high as today's Barbiedoll soccer mom cookie cake pie a roni sherbet? Yeah. Back before the testing labs and seed banks. Science!

Sunshineinabag

See my handle.....yes it's a song....but my father used to get gold colored flowers "somewhere" from Boston to Delaware area back then it was a Lid of literal sunshine in a bag. I heard an older farmer refer to it as what stealy Dan sang about the cuervo gold......the fine Colombian so it may have been Colombian gold.....I was such a youngster....but I do remember my dad taking one pull and doing popeye impressions lmao it had to be top shelf

Sunshineinabag

Lebanon

Lebanon

Hash is a whole other thing... Nepalese TB's just like everyone said, fingers and paddles too, fresh hand rubbed. Floaty dreamy high.
Slabs of Black Afghani, great hash taste, smoke sit, dream for hours.
Soft like play-dough Kashmiri Hash, I tried to make date bars with em but could only grind it down to chocolate chip size, turned out to be wayyyy to much, people who actually got one of those down were high for days.
All hash were sit down affairs, not ones to keep you dancing too long before you had to just sit and dream.
I liked the good herb better, more lively and fun. Same as today with the varieties of herb and hash we have, you can go here or you can go there, it's all good just different.

My neighbors were Lebanese growing up......they came to Vermont in the 50-60s......dude ....:dance013:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
I remember the Lebanese hash, blond and red, it was pressed and if it was fresh somewhat pliable, less dreamy, sleepy high.
I remember seeing gallon jugs full of Afghani Black Hashoil, before dabs.
Weed was still the best thing, nothing was like the Thai or Colombian.

R

Rab.C

my grandfather was in the navy and was based in Dunoon Scotland he said there was an underground grow facility they were working on strains he gave me some.it said item 9 on the pack...lol

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
One hit weed in the 70s? No, not that I ever found. Our weed in Toronto was mainly brick crap.

One hit hash - yes. I fondly remember a quarter oz of Nepalese fingertip that I bought for a premium price. 1972 maybe? It was my benchmark for many years.

Latest posts

Latest posts