What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

Dday391

The collection is in the sticky forums in the outdoor section. It basically said wait until about 2 or 3 weeks before light starts to decrease outdoors at your location,. Take clones root them and put them into 12/12 for two weeks or until you start seeing flower production, then transplant outdoors to your spots. The idea is that you crop will be smaller and less visible to leo in the air, as well as finishing 2 to 3 weeks faster than regular plants outdoors so rippers and leo may not even be looking hard at the time your plants finish. He also said northern latitude growers may be able to finish longer sativa dominated strains this way.

~star~crash~

it makes sense because you'd be putting out plants that are already triggered for flowering as the critical night length is increasing

personally i'm envisioning about 4 foot tall plants @ my sites

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Mulch your plants!

I'm far enough out in the country that I don't have to hike for miles to the girls,
but I still have to hike and hide them, and carry everything in..
I'm in the hills and about 36N lat.

When you clear your area of vegetation for your grow, throw it all into a pile and let it compost.

Mulching around your plants not only helps keep the soil in your holes from getting too dry,
it also attracts earthworms from all around, who will then want to live there.

Earthworms will be attracted to the bottom layer of 4 inches of mulch,
and will aerate the soil in your holes and fertilize them with FREE worm castings..

This girl was put out in the hole 3 weeks ago when she was 26 inches tall in a 1 1/2 gallon container..
I took this pic on June 4, just before the 36 hours of non-stop rain started.. Went back out there this morning and she has grown since 2 days ago...

Attachments

• june 4.jpg
    june 4.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 16

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No pics this weekend. Plants are hurting.... I'm thinking they didn't get watered in well enough or its possible they didnt like being planted right after heavy feeding with organic fert. It was also a little wet when I dug the garden but I felt like it was dry enough to dig at least as deep as i needed to go. I had to get them put in when I had the time. They were growing so fast and now they have funny cupped/ twisted growth and a couple burnt leaves. I watered them twice after seeing them and we got a thunderstorm the next morning. I think they'll be ok... New growth looks good. I will get some shots this weekend.

liking this thread. Yawnnnn out of time once again... Have a good one!

Heat is on the way! 90's coming soon here! :)

G

Gr33nSanta

I have a few plants outside, I dug small holes (20 gallons roughly) filled with compost mix with vermiculite and perlite. and I mulched heavily with comfrey and will keep mulching. My plants are not going to be California trees, but I anticipate they will do well, mulch rocks!!! and its there around you waiting to be harvested!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mulch makes sense especially on a hot/ dry year. Makes top dressing a little more complicated though. Hope my girls grow out of it. Maybe they need some mulch. Theres some dried grass laying on the ground nearby. I'll use that. Thanks guys! :)

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Gr33n Santa is right, unless you grow in the desert, good mulch is all around you. It's just waiting to be harvested..

Besides a long handled shovel, a steel tined garden rake is another tool that stays stashed out at my grow all season...
Walk into the woods, brush away the loose leaves that fell last winter, and there underneath you can rake up the finest mulch for your girls. And it's in unlimited quantities.
And it's not only FREE, it's something else you don't have to pack in to your grow site..

While you rake up this free "Gold", you will often find earthworms and red wigglers underneath it.
Throw them in your bucket with the mulch you collect and set them free in your holes under the fresh mulch you spread under your girls.
The worms will stay around in better soil which you built up for your holes.

Like I said before, FREE worm castings AND the nutrients from the forest floor duff, fertilizing your girls all summer...

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Like all this talk about mulching :)

Silverback actually did an experiment and tested mulched yields vs non mulched yields and the mulched yielded a pretty good amount more. He did this with the same clones, same strains.

Sorry guys I have not been too active on here lately. I have been working pretty hard lately in the bush, just stopping by for now but will be back to answer some questions and share guerilla news tonight!

Good to see the thread growing and getting healthy!!

:tiphat:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll have to bring a rake next time. Some healthy starts there star crash! Looking forward to watching those. They'll take off whenever they hit the ground. Hope you are able to get them out soon. Have some 90's in the forecast. Gonna have to water this weekend. Its a challenge. I hope they look better soon. Hauling water is not easy! :)

~star~crash~

I'll have to bring a rake next time. Some healthy starts there star crash! Looking forward to watching those. They'll take off whenever they hit the ground. Hope you are able to get them out soon. Have some 90's in the forecast. Gonna have to water this weekend. Its a challenge. I hope they look better soon. Hauling water is not easy! :)

that's how we developed our marijuana muscles:biggrin:

Space Toker

Veteran
well hell I'd like to follow your lead, only in my case indoor is better but expensive, growing in the yard would certainly be possible if I could avoid many eyes in the skies, and yet with all my health problems lugging bales of pro mix (dragged one for a short distance an seemed like wrestling a bear to me) into some forest seems near impossible! Although relativly rural, the neighbors are not friendly so what do I do, go 1 mile or 10 or 50? Any spot may be owned by a cop or agent so how do you gorilla growers do IT? Maybe not ape enough but would love to find out and hope this is really a thread to help those left behind knowledge wise! I look forward to reading the rest but damn have a huge head start on me don't know if I will ever catch up! :D

~star~crash~

well hell I'd like to follow your lead, only in my case indoor is better but expensive, growing in the yard would certainly be possible if I could avoid many eyes in the skies, and yet with all my health problems lugging bales of pro mix (dragged one for a short distance an seemed like wrestling a bear to me) into some forest seems near impossible! Although relativly rural, the neighbors are not friendly so what do I do, go 1 mile or 10 or 50? Any spot may be owned by a cop or agent so how do you gorilla growers do IT? Maybe not ape enough but would love to find out and hope this is really a thread to help those left behind knowledge wise! I look forward to reading the rest but damn have a huge head start on me don't know if I will ever catch up! :D

it's a gamble and a 1/2 if you don't own the land..(i do not own the land)...the amount of time and work put in will be reflected at the end of the season w/your harvest...direct correlation...i'm not young anymore and "this" stuff is work

Latest posts

Latest posts