What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GMO Weed Monsanto and Marlboro have just announced there new partnership

shaggyballs

Veteran
Could this happen?

I was informed this is not a fact based article and should be viewed as such!
FIRST GMO WEED STRAIN: MONSANTO AND MARLBORO JOIN FORCES FOR NEW GMO CANNABIS STRAIN

Monsanto and Marlboro have just announced there new partnership and will be releasing a new strain of GMO weed very soon in Washington and Colorado which will be available in medicinal and recreational pot stores.

When asked if they will be using the round up ready gene, this is what a rep. from monsanto had to say:

“ No, this will not be necessary for a plant such as cannabis, which is already naturally a very hardy plant. We are simply combining desirable genes which are already present in certain cannabis plants, to make a super plant”

These genes include:
- Strong resistance to bugs and disease
- High THC/CBD levels
- Bud size/Flower to leaf ratio per plant
- Terpene profile (flavor profile)

This project has been on the hush since 2011, and is expected to make its way to the shelves by January 2015. They are calling the strain M80.

Please share your opinions with in the comments.

Source:joe-king-news.weebly.com
http://www.endoriot.com/2014/08/first-gmo-weed-strain-monsanto-and.html

please contact Joe and ask him to retract his lie.

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
This article may not be factually based
As a lawsuit threat letter from Marlboro proves, something like these cig joints were around for a while — until Marlboro got pissed.
There have been stoner rumors for years about how Marlboro has “Marlboro Greens” already patented and tested for the day the green dope is finally legal, and since it’ll be on the California ballot in a scant half-year, it looks like that day is close since every one and their mother (and in many cases, their grandmother) smokes and advocates marijuana usage.

But I don’t get it. I don’t understand why everyone’s so stoked on it. Look past the whole “it’s about time the government gets with the times” or the “it was never legalized because they couldn’t figure out how to economize it but now we need it to combat the budget deficit” shit, let’s look at it like any other crop (i.e. tobacco) or any other substance (i.e. alcohol) or other food (i.e. beef) law.

Let’s think about it with a few questions I’d like to raise:
Do we as a general public really have any issues with it’s legality right now?
Let’s face it, it’s not simply illegal: it’s decriminalized. Meaning get caught with over an ounce and then you’re fucked with something more than a fine that would be like you picking up three sacs from the dude across the 7–11.
An ounce is a lot of dope, a lot more than the average consumer smokes — and even then, to the average consumer that does purchase in that high a quantity, how often are they leaving their house with ALL OF IT (aside to deal it).
We still smoke our jays in our houses and backyards and balconies, free of heavy worry for adults, and even for kids they know that they’ll be gone by the time the smell is, by the time the cop could possibly catch a whiff of it. At this point a good percentage of cops — I have no evidence for this — are cool with it and won’t even bother if you’re caught with a dub sack.
Think about it. No one who wants to smoke marijuana is scared because it’s illegal.
Just because it’s legal doesn’t mean it’s free of restrictions. Like tobacco and being 18 to smoke outside only, or like alcohol and being 21 to only drink indoors, or like being in Amsterdam and being unaware of the laws behind the legal dope: technically it’s still against the law to smoke it outside in public, outside of the coffeeshop establishments.
The simple case-in-point being that in continental Europe no one generally gives a shit as long as you’re not blowing it in kid’s faces and talking shit to everyone.
Plus you still can only buy 5 grams per coffeeshop. Relate it to the ten-foot-pole-up-the-ass United States: you won’t be able to smoke in public, you’ll have to be twenty-one, insert something else here. Think about it.

Tobacco’s legal too. But can you buy pure tobacco anywhere? Of course not, because it’s full of preservatives/chemicals/god-knows-what in whatever form you buy it.
Cigarettes, pipe, rolling tobacco … It all has some kind of shit in it, even if it claims organic there’s still some type of regulation on the farming of the crop or the seed the farmer uses …
So let’s hypothetically place marijuana in the same category: we may be able to grow x amount of plants in our own backyard and not fret, but where will the seed have to come from? Or where will it come from the easiest? Think about it.

Marijuana cigarettes. Literally. Like that image above, fucking Marlboro greens. Why the fuck wouldn’t this happen — we’d rather smoke a fag than roll one, why would we want to keep rolling our own fat jays if they came pre-rolled?
And Big Tobacco companies, as they put it, are one of the biggest in the nation/world … Gods know how much herb would actually be inside one of these cigarettes, and the government wouldn’t require them to tell us either — just like with tobacco.
We buy a pack of greens for $10 (taxed for another $3) then smoke one every hour to get our small dosage of THC and nico-chemicals … Then somehow crave a real cigarette. Think about it.
Bye bye dealers.
Sure, maybe for a few years there would still remain the same dealers we all knew, but with new restrictions being placed on the cultivation and marketing of marijuana (for economic/monopoly reasons, as we’ve been saying for forty years against its illegality), without the proper papers based on its growing or proper license to sell, dealers would still remain just as underground as before — with their prices going up just like in the now-legalized cannabis clubs.
They’ll have to work harder to produce and maintain their crop as well as their sales, how could any price just remain steady? Everything will change.
Think about it.
I’ll continue to this list as I get more time, but it seems so clear that this isn’t just to make us happy–they would’ve done that twenty years ago if that were the case. False consciousness, people.
Look it up.
My opinion is VOTE NO to this proposition on the ballot .
It’ll just contribute to making rich companies richer, infecting our bodies further with even more chemicals (through something we all trusted and loved and let our lives change for so long), pleasing the working class by making us all think we “achieved” a victory with democracy, disillusioning us even further. It’ll destroy any hope we have left of our flailing generation to make a change, and completely obliterate our children’s generation.
If you read this and have a discrepancy, or valid research to disprove what I’m trying to say somewhere here, PLEASE don’t hesitate to tell me.
Please contact jayurbzz...here

- See more at: http://disinfo.com/2010/04/california-to-legalize-marijuana-why/#sthash.3I71w33e.dpuf

Last edited:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
With 2 seconds of looking you guys would have seen the source "joe-king-news.com" is a satire website.

No need to get all fired up, it's fake as a 3 dollar bill. You gotta be careful when posting news to make sure its actually news, this is how rumors get started.

Cannavore

Veteran
Joe King is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within Breaking News With: Joe King are fiction, and presumably fake news.

Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Looks like a self retraction is in order!
I will look into it .
I have sent them an email asking for the facts..we will see if they respond?

Thank you very much.
Both of you!
Good job researching for yourself!
This is really what I am after with all this stuff.
People need to inform themselves.
You may run into bad info along the way....that is why we talk about it.
No one person has all the answers...that makes finding the facts yourself even more important!

So it appears I may have blown it on this one.
Find the facts for yourself...do not take my word or the word of anyone else!

Shag (eating his own crow)

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
So maybe this idea is not so far feched after all!

So maybe this idea is not so far feched after all!

U.S. tobacco giant Altria in talks with Canadian cannabis company
https://420intel.com/articles/2018/10/11/us-tobacco-giant-altria-talks-canadian-cannabis-company

A major U.S. tobacco company is reportedly in talks to acquire an equity stake in a Canadian licensed producer.

Altria Group Inc. executives have recently met with Canadian cannabis grower Aphria Inc. on multiple occasions to discuss their interest in acquiring a minority stake in the Leamington, Ontario-based company with an intention to eventually hold a majority of Aphria’s shares. The most recent meeting took place on Monday in Leamington.

Altria, based in Virginia, makes tobacco products, cigars and wine and has a market capitalization of US $119-billion. It owns Philip Morris USA, the maker of Marlboro cigarettes, and also has a 10 percent stake in Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV, which is the world’s largest brewing company.

Aphria’s market value as of Wednesday afternoon was $4.3-billion, its stock doubling since August to $17.37. They are known for being an incredibly low cost producer, at a cost of less than $1 per gram.

Earlier this year, global alcohol giant Constellation Brands Inc. announced its plan to transition from its 10 percent stake to a majority stakeholder position with Canopy Growth Corp. Molson Coors Brewing Co. also announced earlier this year that it will be entering a joint venture with Quebec-based grower, HEXO Corp. Altria plans for a relationship similar to that of Constellation Brands and Canopy Growth.

Canadian licensed producer The Flowr Corporation completed its previously announced reverse takeover of a TSX Venture Exchange-listed company, clearing the way for Flowr to begin trading on the TSXV Sept. 26. The company will trade under the symbol FLWR; it was founded by Aurora-owned MedReleaf co-founder and noted cultivator Tom Flow, and is focused on the super-premium flower market for both the medicinal and recreational channels. It is also the exclusive cannabis R&D partner of Scotts Miracle-Gro.

There is some truth about Marlboro s parent company investing 1.8 billion to gain 45% stake in a Canadian Cannabis Company.

Somatek

[/COLOR]
Or inform people of the truth.
Dude? please try reading just a little before you start attacking people.

What truth? Monsanto and Marlborough aren't working together. Marlbororough's parent company has bought a stake in a Canadian LP but the only GMO research into pot I've read is how to get microbes to biosynthesis THC. The endless fear mongering about Monsanto is easily stoked by these kinds of posts, in this case based of satire instead of seeing it as a joke.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
The truth is there is no GMO Cannabis being sold anywhere, I have gone over this with shaggyballs and others on IC for years and mostly because of fake news stories like the one that started this thread.
The folks that believed this will not change their minds, or they will say if it is not here yet then it soon will be.

I can not say it is never going to happen but the solution is simple, do not buy it.
The reason that most food in the USA is GMO is because most people just do not give a frick.
You can grow your own non GMO or treated tobacco for personal use, you can do the same with Cannabis if you live in a civilized state.

Today there are many more serious problems facing Cannabis and the Cannabis genepool then GMO Cannabis that is not being made or sold.

GMO yeast is not GMO Cannabis and no GMO yeast that can produce Cannabinoids is being sold today. And that will have zero effect on the Cannabis genepool even if it is made and sold. I will not buy it as I avoid any GMO crops except for the Insulin I take daily, as it is superior to the old pork and beef Insulin I used 40 years ago. And yeast produced Cannabinoids will never be as cheap as you can grow with a Cannabis plant.
I wish people focused on real problems, not fears the sky is falling...
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I think is is more likely that GMO Cannabis with resin heads the size of grapes will be available next week... LOL...

-SamS

Dog Star

Veteran
But only if you pay 5 000 000 euros for this new strain..

there are those BC Seeds that advertise their strains like GMO,names of strains
are hillariouss,plant is called Never Die.. as you can harvest every 3 days kilo
of buds and then she grow further like she wasnt harvested at all..

and all kind of other crap am readed there... prices are also crazy as fuck..

EagleWolf

...most food in the USA is GMO is because most people just do not give a frick.
-SamS

I'm not trying to be argumentative but this just isn't true. GMO's are used as animal feeds, as well as ethanol and other industries, but not "most food". Really, hardly any food consumed by people comes from a GMO crop because consumers do give tend to give a frick. If people didn't already treat GMO like witchcraft or something, but I don't want to troll. Whether GMO is bad or good, Plenty of things to be concerned about it the food industry, estrogen/steroids/antibiotics/low brix farming methods... GMO isn't really one of them.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I'm not trying to be argumentative but this just isn't true. GMO's are used as animal feeds, as well as ethanol and other industries, but not "most food". Really, hardly any food consumed by people comes from a GMO crop because consumers do give tend to give a frick. If people didn't already treat GMO like witchcraft or something, but I don't want to troll. Whether GMO is bad or good, Plenty of things to be concerned about it the food industry, estrogen/steroids/antibiotics/low brix farming methods... GMO isn't really one of them.

"While genetically engineered or genetically modified (GM) wheat has not been approved for commercial planting, GM corn and GM soybeans already reign supreme on American farms. By 2012, 88% of corn and 94% of soy grown in the United States were genetically modified, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture."

"In the United States today a huge proportion of the most commonly grown commodity crops are genetically engineered: 95% of the nation's sugar beets, 94% of the soybeans, 90% of the cotton and 88% of the feed corn, according to the 2011 International Service for the Acquisition of Agri-biotech Applications report."

GMO wheat is next....

It is difficult to buy any processed mainstream food in the USA that is GMO free.

-SamS

shaggyballs

Veteran

Did you check sams post?
He says most processed foods in the us.
That is a bit different than your claims...no??

Somatek
Check your facts bud, see who is working with big tobacco.
You may be surprised if you look for the facts of this matter.

Who says what kinds of research scotts is going to do.
Nobody is watching them and they got some big money that means freedom to do what they wish.