What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 600 watt club.

BigCloset

^^Maybe we should change the name to OGmag.com!!! hehehehe. I as well think that the "clubs" should be stickied. It would mean a lot more activity in this thread and would help people when deciding on which lights to use.

breeder

Hey all,
I have a run down of somethings that I'd like some advise on if anyone with this stuff has knowlege to share?

Looking to purchase this;
600w hps Coolbreeze ...includes Lumatek ballest, w/ solormax bulb..95,000 lumen.

yo-yo hanger

6" Vortex 449cfm

Diffuser....more on that later.

suncourt muffler

Now to give ya an idea of where I'm coming from.
Funny story really, but to keep it short....
I used to sell all this stuff 6 yrs. back. However I was forced to step out for alittle while. Now that I'm researching the products that are out on the market today, I'm learing that there have been some improvments to be gained!

i'm used to using 1k's...but i'm not in that type of need. I feel a single 600w harvest might be just the ticket. Shouldn't have much trouble taggin 16 oz, come harvest. Not sure as I never used a 600, but I'm no stranger to cultivation!
Area being used would be roughly 2x4. Giving 75w afoot. that shouldn't push the envolope with heat, as their is an 8' ceiling, plus the Vortex. How is this fan? Will the do the job for me? The only reason i'm looking into the Vortex, is becayse of the hype I see from here. Other then that, i've never used one.
Same goes with this DIFUSSER! WhAt thE FuDge iS thAT?
I mean I know what is, only from reading the discription, but...
Does anyone have any use with this thing? Comments?
Last of my concerns on the list their is the Muffler. Same goes here too...I've never heard of a muffler...at least a prof. made one!

Well guys/Gals, thats about it
Like I said...
I'm not a complete new comer. Been at since I was 15....30's now
Just all these new goodies that can be had for peanuts when you think about. Yea...it will cost. But in the end ya know it's worth it.

Comments, rants, anything?
Thx folks...
PS...Case anybody care's,,this was copied from my thread in GROW. des.& equip. forum. Thought this might be just the place to put it.

BigCloset

Hey Breeder, get the 600w hps, yo-yo, and the vortex. The other two are just unnecessry expense. But you ARE going to need a carbon scrubber, just incase you didn't know. A Can 50 or equivalent.

breeder

Hey Bigcloset,
I'm with ya on the carbon. I have some left over...it's sitting around here somewhere :)
that Diffusser sounds pretty cool, but how well it would work...i dunno.
That muffler though is no good? ...bummer. I was excited about that one!

I'm still alittle concerned though about that space that I'll be using in here. Thinking 400w or 600w. Alot of folks that are running 6's, are in bigger spaces then me as it seems. My space is 2'x4'. thought a 600 should do great in there, but now I'm concerned!

BigCloset

Breeder, i would say your best bet would be a 600w cool tube. 400w is okay, but the final product is never quite as dense. A 600hps is perfect for a 4'x4' space, but 2'x4' should be fine if you can keep the heat under control which u should be able to do with the vortex.

breeder

Right on Bigcloset!
Thats what I wanted to hear.

However, I don't want to "over power", my space. Still have concerns with this...
I'm hearin ya though. 98% sure thats what all be ordering monday.

New place so I'm alittle un-easy. I've done 400w multiple, and single, 1000w multi./single's. But that damn middle mark! The 600watter. It has me pullin both ways because past exper. ya know?

Well thx for the help friend!

G

purcellville said:
I am using a 4x4 Hydro Hut with an Air cooled 600W Digital 95,000 Lumen bulb and I am hooked to a Carbon filter. I have the filter at the intake side of the fan ( a 6' vortex) pulling all the warm air from the top of the hut and pushing across the light and out the hut.

Can you post a picture of your hook up?

Dr.Snow

Breeder, I'm running digital 600w right now and I have a 450 cfm ecoplus inline that is somewhat overkill for one light. I wouldn't recommend anything smaller but I would get a dimmer switch for your fan for noise and optimizing your airflow. I could cool my light with a 170 cfm fan but then again its somewhat relative to your location, where I'm at it was -15 degrees last night... :yoinks:

breeder

Hey DR. Snow,
Thanks for the words. The more the better!

I do feel much more confident in the 6, now that I've finally had the time to sit down and think things through.
Dimmer! Good one. Me thinks all go have alook right now :woohoo:

James666

Hi guys,
just upgraded to a 600w cool tube for my latest grow. I'd been toying with the idea for a while and took the plunge a week ago. I'm a bit worried about the electric bill, in the uk electric is expensive as hell at the min.
I'm growing a few chronic and kali mist. Had a few problems sexing them but all is going well.

Under a 125 cfl

kali and chronic

My set up with the lights on

My white widow drying.

Thanks guys
James

Closetfreak

Jam Master Jaco said:
I think if this thread, along with the other "watt" clubs were stickied on the main "growers forum" page, there would be a lot more info/pics in here. I don't mean to sound so cliche with yet another "remember OG?" statement, but I recall overgrow having 150, 250, 400, 600, and 1000 watt clubs that were rockin'! :2cents:

But anyways, what are the dimensions of the boxes/rooms that you 600 watt growers are using, and (most importantly of course!) what do you guys typically yield. (I realize this has everything to do with method of growing, strains, veg time, etc. but I am terribly curious). :wave:
2 600's in cool tubes in a 4.5x4x8 room, 1-2lbs,

Closetfreak

Jam Master Jaco said:
^^ Nice man :joint:

I have a few newbie questions for you 600 watt growers out there. Do any of you air cool your lights with a carbon filter attached? Or is the only adequate way to keep temps down to air cool your lights and have a seperate fan sucking air out the grow room through a carbon filter? I hope that makes sense. My reason for asking is, I really like 600 watt lights because of their lumen to watt ratio, and I'm wondering if I would need to have more then one fan to keep the growroom cool.
I cool my light with the carbon filter attached, all run inline. Just make sure you have a decent fan.

emkman

Hey can you 600w experts give me some setup advice. I have a 5x7 closet, that im currently using half of to grow 5 plants. I had a 400w, but recently got a lumatek 600 that im finishing this crop with. I would like to grow scrog this next time. So, what is the optimal size scrog screen for a 600w light? I can use all of the 35 sq feet if necessary, since the other half gets cluttered if I try to use it as regular closet space. I can also have up to 12 plants legally at the moment, tho it seems people scrog with only a few plants, so the less the better I guess for ease of cloning etc. What would you do with 600w, 35 sqft and 6-12 plants? thanks!

jojajico

Veteran
emkman said:
Hey can you 600w experts give me some setup advice. I have a 5x7 closet, that im currently using half of to grow 5 plants. I had a 400w, but recently got a lumatek 600 that im finishing this crop with. I would like to grow scrog this next time. So, what is the optimal size scrog screen for a 600w light? I can use all of the 35 sq feet if necessary, since the other half gets cluttered if I try to use it as regular closet space. I can also have up to 12 plants legally at the moment, tho it seems people scrog with only a few plants, so the less the better I guess for ease of cloning etc. What would you do with 600w, 35 sqft and 6-12 plants? thanks!
you may get better yeilds with more watts per square foot and less plants. just depends if you can keep the area cool and if you supplement with CO2 you can really bump up the watts persquare foot and you will see explosive growth. 35 watts per square foot is the bare minimum. you would want more than that to get the most out of your girls.

emkman

Yes, I know that 35-50 watts/sqft is optimal. I wasnt planning on using all 35 sq ft, I just have it for flexibility. I'm probably not gonna add any more watts till I change apartments. I guess you helped me answer part of my question tho, for 600w the optimal scrog would be around 3x4. How many plants are usually needed to fill a 3x4 screen with minimal vegging?

600 watt lamp with a 3x2 canopy (the space is actually about 8 x 2)

filled by 6 lst'ed plants. I really could use more space

I am pretty happy with the results though. I am using a batwing reflector, this grow would have benefited from a cool tube so I could get the lamp closer to the girls. Right now it is 21 inches away.

buddymag00

MedicinalHerb said:
600 watt lamp with a 3x2 canopy (the space is actually about 8 x 2)

filled by 6 lst'ed plants. I really could use more space

just wonderin . did you top as well as lst if so how many times ? just starting lst with 2 plants -hydrofarms.

G

Alright, I finally found the 600 club. This is my first run with such a big light, I'm used to my old 250w. I have 3 purple urkles, and 1 KC Brains kc39. The PU might not be real PU because of where I got them, a club, but still, they are very robust growers. 30 days in, 30 days to go! I can take more pictures if someone can identify true PU. Thanks.

Last edited:
G

I could get the 600 hps within maybe 6 inches (way to close IMO) of the plants without burning them. It will turn the leaves yellow if moved too close.

I can attest to that.

Last edited: