What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I Was There When...

pinkus

Veteran
I was living less than a mile from where GWB and crew partied during that contested election.

White Beard

Event: Jams at JFK - The Who, Santana, The Clash and The Hooters

Year: 1982

People involved: the entire C.S.G. crew (too numerous to mention) not to mention 100,000 or so of our closest friends. :D

Story: It was the farewell tour for JFK stadium and The WHO (The stadium was later condemned for having nuclear waste buried underneath the ground) and at that time plastics were allowed to be brought into the stadium, so we proceeded to bring in a 1/4 keg of MGD in milk jugs and had a blast.

The exposure to the the Fissile material may explain my odd behavior all these years.

Also, someone tossed an orange the size of a grapefruit (in Philly, imagine that) at the lead singer from The Clash in an effort to shorten their set and get the WHO onstage, he was none too happy.

View Image
Guy with the orange is lucky JoeCo and The Who didn’t waltz down and kick his ass....

Fun fact: Pete Townsend was a bigger fan of the Clash than of his own band.

Last edited:

White Beard

I was there when Nixon turned tail & fled the WH in shame to his San Clemente hideaway.......

I remember those days, the Vietnam war, protesting for :ying: PEACE :ying: when & where we could.
Careful, man, there’s plenty of skinheads around here, they *like* hippie-punching

redlaser

Veteran
I saw Guns and Roses play Riverport Amphitheatre in St.Louis, in 91, when they had the riot.

A situation that could have been avoided with adequate security, not the Six Flags type shit that was there. Show started at 8, Guns and Roses didn’t come on till 9;30, shit started going south at eleven, so by then plenty are hammered.

To be fair to Axle he made repeated requests, 3-4, to stop a guy in the front row from taking pictures, security knew this and did nothing.

Earlier in the night he told a story about being a runaway, coming to St.Louis, getting picked up by a guy, crashing at a hotel, and waking to the guy trying to screw him. So, he seemed a bit pissed about his past memories of the area at least.

Once he dived on the guy and punched for a bit he got up and left, and after a couple minutes management flipped on the lights, which was the end. They should have bullshitted the crowd, tried to get the band back, but that was their decision.

Only 2-3,000 out of 17,000 people were going nuts doing damage, broken chairs equipment, fresh sod was all tore up. After some back and forth for control of the stage, crowd won, helicopters showed up. Apparently the first code 1,000 was called, all cops within earshot, which was 400 cops from 30 agencies. At eleven thirty at night probably, when they got that call, on a Tuesday in July. They were not happy to be there and let you know

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Once I saw Sha Na Na in Central Park.

There were guys selling what looked like camel dung at the entrance.

I think they said it was hash but I was a newcomer to pot.

All I knew was Mexican press brick mersh with seeds etc.

Hey St.Phatty, that´s cool! I wasn´t there, but I like the show from Sha Na Na on the Woodstock festival! Thousends of Hippies and then Sha Na Na on stage with golden clothes!!

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
I was there as Queen Elisabeth was in my hometown. I was a schoolboy and get the Job from a policeman, to watch that nobody pushes the traffic light before my School, while the Queen Limousine was rolling on.

Sunshineinabag

Knickerbocker arena March 24

90'

First time I saw crystal lsd..........walked back home to Swanton VT the next day......smiling the entire way!

Sunshineinabag

Punching hippies? My gosh that behavior would be dealt with swiftly I'm guessing. Every hippie I ever met didn't leave me with a " I gotta punch this person" kinda mindset......rather just the opposite....I have a great trade network with some great hippies. We use snow machines to transport too! Don't cha know there's too much violence in America nowadays ......I qualified 0311..... Gardening like ours ....there's no need for violence around our lifestyles from where I sit. Unless your defending yourself from thieves ETC.

ChinggisKhaan

Fourth of July 1986 Liberty Weekend. It was the 100th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty. I was fortunate enough to be able to watch the parade of tall ships and the fireworks show. My dads company had a 30th floor apartment on the water just north of Battery Park on the East river.

The streets were closed to traffic and we walked right down in front of the World Trade Center all the way to Wall street. Millions of people and street vendors everywhere. I had just moved from LA 6 months earlier. That was an incredible time.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
It was a very long time ago that my buddy and I went to a peaceful "Smoke In" demonstration in downtown Vancouver, B.C....

It turned into the "Gastown Riots", and it wasn't a fun place to be anymore..
I was trying to get out to leave when a horseback mounted city cop came up beside me and started swinging his riot baton at me and the others around me...

I was thumped a good one on the head, but it only bled a little and I managed to get away thru the crowd...

I turned around at one point, and saw another long haired man, half a block away, running for safety when he was flat run over by a pig on a big pig Harley...
And sadly, there was not a damn thing I could do to help him....

St. Phatty

I was about 12 when the US supposedly landed on the moon.

I swallowed up all the Hoopla.

Then maybe in the last 5 years, I admit, people raise some valid questions about whether or not it happened.

So I was there for the Maybe Moon Landing, and I was there for the Theories about it.

Is the official story that the US left some stuff on the Moon ?

I heard China landed something on the moon.

What will they do if the US old moon hardware is nowhere to be found ? Say it was covered over with sand in a moon dust-storm, even though it has no real atmosphere ?

Smokesteve

At the legalize cannabis rally in Amherst Massachusetts in 1995 I was security with my Bros. First thing I remember we were patting everyone down who came in , the only black guy who came through I found a pack of smokes in his pocket. A cop was watching me Pat him down after the guy passed by the cop said what was that I said cigarettes and they jacked his ass because they thought it was a gun. The only black guy Bizarro world. Around three-quarters of the way through. The head of the event handed me and all the rest of the security guards paper bags full of joints and we were instructed to walk around the crowd and pass them out at 4:20 pretty awesome good times

kaochiu

Veteran
Arrived in Edinburgh the night before, had a meet up with friends at Sandy Bell's. Next morning I was walking down the Bridges with a piercing hangover and by the time I hit Princess St I saw none other than Pope Benedictus the XVIth. It was a chance encounter, because very few people turned to see him and no special nothing made it looking busier than a normal day, just a few of those yellow fences, useless to stop a proper madman. I could scratch the papamobile if I wanted. I managed to cross his gaze, but it was empty, this look but not see thing, while sending me blessings in direct line, very pro. Still, that should've granted me three wishes or something. He left for Glasgow and I carried on towards Leith Walk, when i realized that my headache was gone. A miracle?

pinkus

Veteran
Alice Cooper show, April of 78. Somebody threw a tear gas canister into the smoky mix.

Good times.
:shooty:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I was about 12 when the US supposedly landed on the moon.

I swallowed up all the Hoopla.

Then maybe in the last 5 years, I admit, people raise some valid questions about whether or not it happened.

So I was there for the Maybe Moon Landing, and I was there for the Theories about it.

Is the official story that the US left some stuff on the Moon ?

I heard China landed something on the moon.

What will they do if the US old moon hardware is nowhere to be found ? Say it was covered over with sand in a moon dust-storm, even though it has no real atmosphere ?

Chinas' ship landed on the "dark" side of the moon (facing away), US landed on lit side. the same side of the moon faces earth all the time, known as synchronous rotation. when it is closer in its orbit around earth, roughly 15 deg more of it are visible, but that is only variable.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I Was There When 6 legends came together

I Was There When 6 legends came together

Not that long ago. 3 day Party.

Desert Trip - Coachella Valley California
October 14–16, 2016.

Had weed delivered like a pizza :dance013:

[iframe1]wtGQfzDbEGY[/iframe1]

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
I was there, as parts of the stage hit Curtis Mayfield in August 1990.

That means, I wasn´t at the concert but I was in NYC on that day. That´s close by for a guy from Germany. ;-)

KiefRichards

Bush sr. and Gorbatsov met Helsinki September 1990... Frogmens and everything... We have 10m sailingboat and very gooood winds, and dark rUm, like a pirates...

Latest posts

Latest posts