What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I Was There When...

madrecinco

Veteran
You don't take the mob's money and the mob's influence and then allow your brother to start prosecuting union officials and expect to live. Unions are the property of the mob and anyone who thinks different is just tilting windmills whilst they tempt fate.

Kennedy tried to have it both ways (like someone else we know) and paid the price. There's a lesson there if anyone wants to have one...

Yeah Joe Kennedy went to the mob and secured Illinois for their votes for his son....
and later Chicago mob boss Sam Giancana and John Kennedy were both doinking the same biotch Judith Exner Campbell....do ya suppose there is some connection????....lol

J. Edgar Hoover hated the kennedy's and always protected the mafioso in those days....cause' they had a picture of J.Edgar dressed in women's clothes and cavorting with his lover and assistant Toliver!

Somehow I can't visualize that ugly bastard dressed like a woman.....he hated the Kennedy's....

AHHHHH Washington....sooooo corrupt and hypocritical!:wallbash:

K

KMK0420

correct! back on topic.

I didn't witness 9/11, watched it on TV, but i did visit the site a few months after the fact. The smell alone was crazy!

Other than that, I'm too young to have seen (in person) major events in the world...but theres always TV! lol

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Well, let me see.

I was At Caljam II.

I was on the flightline when the shuttle Columbia touched down from the first mission in space.

I was high at both of the events....

Enjoy your youth....as a guy named Bill once said " Gather ye rosebuds while ye may"

Another guy named Fields once said "Youth is foolishly wasted on the young"

madrecinco

Veteran
New medical diagnosis.....Bush Derangement Syndrome....LMAO!

I ain't kidding about Bush is staying in a beach house near me. I think I will meander down and see how ol'GW is doin' as a fellow Texan. But the damn Secret Service is EVERYWHERE on Treasure Island today and prolly will take hours to get over the bridge.

But I used to discuss politics over on Marihemp and GOD del...banned me cause' he did not like my attitude and don't take crap stance...so I hesitate to debate politics as I have strong feelings on it....MH is closed and him and I are here....neeener...neener...neener.....OFF TO SEE A GLIMPSE of W!!!!

Even Repubs need some love expressed now and then...te he...

Never mind....later guys!

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
MPD

you are making a leap in logic that I do not understand.

Please explain to me why Liberalism has to be linked with Government Run Institutions?

perhaps you believe that we should still hold Africans in bondage?

peace
jip

H

Hal

ALERT! Yankee haters may want to close their eyes at this point....

Game 6 of the 1977 world series between The Yankees and LA Dodgers, Reggie Jackson hits 3 home runs and the Yanks win the series. A description:

As Thurman Munson stood on first, Jackson nailed Hooton on his first pitch sending the Yanks ahead with a 4-3 lead. Later in the fifth with two outs and Willie Randolph on first, Reggie launched another rocket off of Elias Sosa that landed in the right-field seats. Finally, he electrified the home team crowd of 56,407 by leading off the eighth with the historic blast into the center-field bleachers. "Mr. October" indeed. Riding on the five RBIs of their slugging champion, the Yanks showed a glimpse of what was "Yankee baseball" and held on for the 8-4 victory that earned their twenty-first World Series title. It was the first crown for the "Bronx Bombers" since 1962.

After the game, I went down onto the field (the last time this was allowed), and grabbed me a chunk of turf (the reason this isn't allowed anymore), and went home and tossed it under a shrub for later attention and planting. I was so friggin drunk that night, that I forgot about the turf for a few weeks, and when I went back to check on it, it was dead brown. Oh well, I still got the memories, and the ticket stubb :)

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
haha whoa, my thread is spiraling out of control!

I'm digging the stories though

ArcticBlast

robereno

Event: Nuclear Explosion
Year: 1955 - China Lake, California - I was 5.
People involved: Bother, sister, father, myself.
Story: One morning before sun rise, my father herded my brother, sister and I out on the front lawn and we stood in the cool darkness facing east. For just a few seconds it looked like the sun was coming up. The horizon lit up, glowed brightly and returned to darkness. The Nevada test range was over 100 miles away but not far enough to diminish the radiance of an atomic bomb being detonated.

a%20bombweb.jpg

Photo taken by my father.

Insert melodramatic music for background. :smoke:

ArcticBlast

Veteran
ahhh, olllld ridgecrest...

I spent 1997-2000 there, China Lake was my skateboard/bike thrashing grounds haha. First time i ever smoked pot was in R/C

ArcticBlast

tenotoge

wow some of you have seen some pretty cool shit. I was at the highest-scoring MLB playoff game in history at Fenway Park (was like 24-3). I fueled Marine 1 when Clinton was president.

C

Classyathome

I was there when weed was legal in Canada - I smoked publicly, in front of uniformed leo, and didn't get my head cracked open.

It was the best of times...

I also remember watching the '72 Munich slaughter - black and white tv, parents livingroom.

I shook Pierre Trudeaus hand.

I shook Paul Hendersons hand.

I watched my father-in-law die of cancer, he was a truly great man.

I drank "Billy Beer".

I was the first person in line in my city to see "The Empire Strikes Back", and made the front page of the newspaper.

Sorry - most of those are not world events, but for a humble Canuck, some of those people and events were momentous.

madrecinco

Veteran
Billy Beer...where the hell did you get Billy Beer? Is Billy Carter still alive.

Pres Obama has a brother named George...We want some George Beer now....

Never mind!!!!

ArcticBlast

Veteran
Hmm i thought this was going to be awesome-er!

How many war veterans do we have here? Which war(s)? Which branch?

How many people followed the Grateful Dead around the country?

Who here saw the Doors at the Whiskey?

Who here saw the Velvet Underground (i'm gonna go out on a limb and say nobody)

Educate/Entertain me/us! Dont hoard those awesome stories/memories!

ArcticBlast

enter sandman

........this tiny ball of dense, compressed matter exploded violently in all directions, creating gas clouds and eventually these round things and then big bright round things and eventually I roamed about aimlessly until I found this one small round thing that was blue, green and brown. It had one of those big bright glowing things nearby too. I went to the small orb and encountered a being on what would be called today, a grassy hillside overlooking a beautiful forest. I said, "whas uuuup!" The being replies, "whas uuup, man!" I said, "what's a man", and he replies, "you are a man". He then hands me a small, white thin thing that would be called a joint and we get superblazed. I says, "what IS this sh*t!" and the being replies, "just some dank sh*t I created for mankind, here have some more"........Id like to see anyone beat that!

Latest posts

Latest posts