What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ontario company prepares Canada’s first outdoor cannabis crop

troutman

Seed Whore
I had a feeling this was going to happen sooner than later.

Indoor farms won't be able to compete with outdoor growing on a mass scale and I think at the
very least the extract market will be dominated by outdoor grown plants due to lower production
costs. Which is why I said a while back that good outdoor strains will be the key.

I'm glad I also do outdoor breeding. :woohoo:

For the first time in Canadian history, cannabis will be permitted as an outdoor crop in late 2018.
The significance of this cannot be understated, as there are countless outdoor grow operations
(illegal) in Canada that could now apply for a licence.
Southwestern Ontario farm could have first licensed outdoor cannabis crop

Let the sun shine in: Canada’s first outdoor cannabis farms are promising better quality weed

‘It’s a game changer’: Ontario company prepares Canada’s first outdoor cannabis crop

Outdoor Cannabis

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Yup. Hundred-acre farms with a dozen greenhouses and a couple warehouses. Thats the new industry.

Indoor ops were just to build capital quickly for larger field ops anyway.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And they in turn will be crushed by equitorial grow ops the likes few have seen.

I can't wait until they try to sell outdoor at 200 a zip.

troutman

Seed Whore
And they in turn will be crushed by equitorial grow ops the likes few have seen.

I can't wait until they try to sell outdoor at 200 a zip.

Actually, it's the indoor crops that are going to be crushed by tropical plantations I think.
All those people investing in the USA warehouse grows could lose their shirts when Cannabis
goes Global. There's a reason corn and potatoes aren't grown indoors.

The Terp Tards will soon find out.

any of us serious growers will never be affected by all this stuff so I don't understand why everyone let's themselves get so worked up.
There will always be someone in the community holding cuts and seeds and that won't change no matter what they do.
Just follow my simple G.M.S. method and we will continue to overgrow!

Grow the weed
Make the seed
Share with your friends

Treevly

I wonder if they will buy new seeds each year.

I wonder if local guerillas will plant 100 sterile hemp plants upwind.

There was a thread about how to set up an LP and the dude alluded that aviation fuel residue caused weed to fail contamination tests.
I thought it was crazy talk then and I still do.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
any of us serious growers will never be affected by all this stuff so I don't understand why everyone let's themselves get so worked up.
There will always be someone in the community holding cuts and seeds and that won't change no matter what they do.
Just follow my simple G.M.S. method and we will continue to overgrow!

Grow the weed
Make the seed
Share with your friends

If you look at more developed markets you see a large percentage is taken up by vaping concentrates, prime pickings for someone producing a lb under 20. You also see large producers wipe out anyone who can't beat their margins. See below.

The rest of the market will dwindle as Budwieser style takes over.

The high end market will be as stable as ever but with more people fighting for the same slice.

Doesn't look that peachy keen for anyone making a living from this.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

As long as serious growers don't mind working for 4-500 / lb. Tomorrow you'll be lucky to get 400 for top shelf.

The days of gorilla money are gone.