What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Testing pH Coco coir

opt1c

Veteran
there is nothing stopping you from doing so although i'd run a liquid ph test of the runoff to compare... most people test the runoff from coco... i only test the ph of what i feed them... plants can take care of it from there in my opinion.

Kenny Lingus

optic says it mate

no need for checking it. if u use a good coco coir and know that you give them. Use around pH 5,5 in the beginning of a cycle and maybe towards pH 6,0 towards the end and you should be fully sorted.

B

Brain

I agree with the previous to posters. Just ph the liquids going into the coco and you're good. Coco is good with ph. It will naturally drift up in a recirc set up so 5.5 is a good starting point, letting it drit up to 6.0-6.2 before adjusting. Now ec in coco is a whole other matter.

Clyde

I twice watered my Coco/perlite with 5.5 pH and the slurry test came out at 6.5 pH. Should I drop the feed &water to something below 5.5?

R

Rox

I twice watered my Coco/perlite with 5.5 pH and the slurry test came out at 6.5 pH. Should I drop the feed &water to something below 5.5?

No, keep pH of feed going in between 5.8-6.2 and you will be ok, i never check run off

zeke99

Last edited: