What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Super Skunk...

EL Picos

Hi Buddys,
Anyone know where I would find the old Super Skunk version, I included a photo of phenotype. The Sensi Seeds stuff has changed and their new Super Skunk are really not as fast as the older version. The older version was ready at the beginning of September with incredible quality. I purchased lately two versions for a next year try, the Vision Seeds and Victory Seeds ones. I would want to try any version of any Cie where I would have a luck to find these old phenotype.
Thank You for the help!:tiphat:

FdmSzHhB

https://postimg.cc/FdmSzHhB

ahortator

Veteran
Hi.

Super Skunk was very common here in all the towns and villages at the begining of the 2000's. Country boys became crazy growing that strain. I have grow it as it was the most easy seeds you were able to get because everybody grew it.

I don't like it very much, too indica and too strong stink for my taste. The first time you smoke it you think it is the best weed in the world. One week later it became really boring and weak. Very low tolerance and even lower ceiling. The stink was so strong you cannot live safely in the same place you grew it because everybody noticed the stink from several hundred yards away. It seems breeders didn't realize you can go to prison for growing weed. I gave away all the seeds looking for pure sativas which at the time were extremely really difficult to get already.

As far as I know Super Skunk is a Skunk x Afghan (or Afghan x Skunk) hybrid. Critical Mass is the same type of cross, and I can recognise the stink as the same. I can say nothing about the high because I wouldn't touch it again even with a laser pen. So if Sensi lost it perhaps you can find very similar phenotypes in any Critical based hybrid. Here most seeds banks base their genetics on Critical Bilbo cut. It is really easy to find anything with that genetics. In fact it is really difficult to find anything different because now all is Critical everywhere. Even soap bar from Morocco has the same stink nowadays.

It is funny to realize people are smoking the same thing under different names since at least 20 years ago.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Anything with the exodus cheese or bluez/liverz × afghani and you wont be far away bro... proper old skook skunk can be taken from week 7 week 6 if your really desperate...

Im certain the original skunk line got split in 2...

Sam the skunk man runs the sweet island skunk side and im sure shantibaba ran the exodus/bluez liverz side.. the darkerside ..

The other alternative is to get the 90s skunk clones

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a select cut of Super Skunk that I kept around for about 8 years. I x'd it out of the collection when my daughter gave me some seeds of a strain called Nebula. The Nebula was similar to the SS but better in most ways. Of course, that's just my opinion, man. ;) I don't remember the breeder of Nebula, but it's a NoCal joint. You probably already know of it. I'm not saying Nebula is like SS, just that it is like the SS cut I had, which may or may not have been the kind you are looking for. ahortator is correct in the sense that it is a fairly common phenotype, and you may be able to find a similar plant to the one you want if you look at other strains.

EL Picos

Hi.

Super Skunk was very common here in all the towns and villages at the begining of the 2000's. Country boys became crazy growing that strain. I have grow it as it was the most easy seeds you were able to get because everybody grew it.

I don't like it very much, too indica and too strong stink for my taste. The first time you smoke it you think it is the best weed in the world. One week later it became really boring and weak. Very low tolerance and even lower ceiling. The stink was so strong you cannot live safely in the same place you grew it because everybody noticed the stink from several hundred yards away. It seems breeders didn't realize you can go to prison for growing weed. I gave away all the seeds looking for pure sativas which at the time were extremely really difficult to get already.

As far as I know Super Skunk is a Skunk x Afghan (or Afghan x Skunk) hybrid. Critical Mass is the same type of cross, and I can recognise the stink as the same. I can say nothing about the high because I wouldn't touch it again even with a laser pen. So if Sensi lost it perhaps you can find very similar phenotypes in any Critical based hybrid. Here most seeds banks base their genetics on Critical Bilbo cut. It is really easy to find anything with that genetics. In fact it is really difficult to find anything different because now all is Critical everywhere. Even soap bar from Morocco has the same stink nowadays.

It is funny to realize people are smoking the same thing under different names since at least 20 years ago.

Thank You for the answer, I've growned a lot and a lot of différents Crtical Mass version and many Afghani X Skunk 1 and never one had been close of these pheno. Mr. Nice have not the same Afghani Hash and it make a big difference in time and power. I just received the SS of Vision and Victory Seeds and all fast versions of Delicious and Sweet Seeds, Early Marmalate is great I growned 4 clones this year and and I got 3 pounds, harvested a bit sooner due to beginning of mold, My Old SS Pneno was always ready in the first week of September and hard like rock and over potent.

It's one of my favorite strains. Please keep us updated on how some of these work out for you. I saw the vision seeds version in a catalog and was wondering how it was...If it had the old school SS stinkiness.

Burt

Veteran
How confident are you that sensi’s super skunk is not what it was in 1997 when I got the firemost clone of it?
A lot of people have spread rumors about sensi seed bank but I’m sure you realize a multi million dollar company is going to have many redundant back up mother plants right?
It’s silly to think otherwise-sensi wasn’t raided like paradise, soma and a few others have been since the late 90’s
I would definitely start with sensi seeds
My super skunk had 1/4 “ trichchomes on the stem and undersides of fan leaves
Absolutely primo
Good luck on your quest

EL Picos

It's one of my favorite strains. Please keep us updated on how some of these work out for you. I saw the vision seeds version in a catalog and was wondering how it was...If it had the old school SS stinkiness.

Yes for sure, I will try it Inside this winter and come back with the results.:)

EL Picos

How confident are you that sensi’s super skunk is not what it was in 1997 when I got the firemost clone of it?
A lot of people have spread rumors about sensi seed bank but I’m sure you realize a multi million dollar company is going to have many redundant back up mother plants right?
It’s silly to think otherwise-sensi wasn’t raided like paradise, soma and a few others have been since the late 90’s
I would definitely start with sensi seeds
My super skunk had 1/4 “ trichchomes on the stem and undersides of fan leaves
Absolutely primo
Good luck on your quest

Their new genetics are potent but need 70 days of flowering to be ready. I've seen many and many reports on it and the genetic of today is clearly not the same, their hashplant have changed too for sure. I have sent an email to Sensi asking if the SS genetic of today was the same than 90 years, the answer has been that they can't answer that. Really cheap answer from this Big Cie.
Thank You a day I will fall on, I hope!

Burt

Veteran
Perhaps they answered you as honestly as they could
Ben Donkers sold sensi seed bank many years ago but you must realize that when you buy a marijuana seed business, the parental stock is what you are paying for
I believe most of the reports of subpar quality are from pollen chuckers trying to muscle in
I’m old enough to remember when the main beef with sensi was poor germination
When this was proven false, the old stand by of genetics not being the same became the rallying cry
I think your doing yourself a huge disservice by believing everything you read from anonymous sources
Every plant is going to be different , it is up to you to find the 50 day finisher which by all facts sounds like a sport or unique cultivar cause super skunk was never advertised as such a quick ripener

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Please state your source Burt.

https://sensiseeds.com/en/info/presskit/

It is a well known fact that Sensi lost there parental plants in the early 2000's. There is an entire thread on here about Sensi seeds sucking and if the rumors are true. They may be selling different genetics now but it is the same owner.

Burt

Veteran
Thanks for the correction
Mine didn’t finish in 50-did yours?
I took mine 63-65. Mid 90’s stock
My source for sale of sensi and Ben retiring to Thailand is gypsey himself on these forums approximately 8 years ago?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
ha! one would think that million dollar company is working on new strains with huge number plants everyday.. but nope. little marketing, some old blurry pics, and poor cheap "reproduction" is what they do in real :D

EL Picos

Perhaps they answered you as honestly as they could
Ben Donkers sold sensi seed bank many years ago but you must realize that when you buy a marijuana seed business, the parental stock is what you are paying for
I believe most of the reports of subpar quality are from pollen chuckers trying to muscle in
I’m old enough to remember when the main beef with sensi was poor germination
When this was proven false, the old stand by of genetics not being the same became the rallying cry
I think your doing yourself a huge disservice by believing everything you read from anonymous sources
Every plant is going to be different , it is up to you to find the 50 day finisher which by all facts sounds like a sport or unique cultivar cause super skunk was never advertised as such a quick ripener

The many grow reports that I've seen came not from Sensi bashers, I'm not a kid. I bought at least 60 000$ of seeds in my life and always minimum 30 regular seeds of each genetic that I've tried, in 1995 to 2000 the top genetics cost between 300 and 350$ for ten regular. I don't search this pheno for the fun, it was the most potent, most yielder and the fastest finisher all in all with 0% ruderalis in - 100% photoperiod.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
old super skunk was created by Nevile, he doesn't work with sensi seeds for 20 years or so..