What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girl Scout sells 300 boxes of cookies outside POT-SHOP!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Girl Scout sells 300 boxes of cookies outside a California marijuana dispensary

This Girl Scout knows her customers well.

The young entrepreneur set up shop outside of Urbn Leaf, a recreational and medical marijuana dispensary in San Diego. According to local news outlet Fox 4, the girl sold more than 300 boxes in about six hours.

Urbn Leaf posted this photo on Instagram, encouraging its clientele to grab some "Girl Scout Cookies with your GSC." (GSC is a strain of weed named after girl scout cookies, and is known for its "sweet and earthy" flavor.)

"I think our customers loved it," said Savannah Rakofsky, a representative for Urbn Leaf. "They went out and bought boxes."

According to Rakofsky, there was an "added value" to visiting the dispensary and getting the chance to buy Girl Scout cookies. Although it didn't necessarily bring in customers, it did drum up publicity for Urbn Leaf. Rakofsky posted the photo as she was leaving for her lunch break, and there were already news teams at the store when she came back.

Rakofsky also said there's a possibility of this becoming a trend.

"The funny thing is, after the news story ran, we had more Girl Scouts show up over the weekend," Rakofsky said.

Although Girl Scouts are only allowed to sell at "approved sites" — which doesn't include pot shops — this particular scout got around the rule by selling cookies from her wagon, and by moving up and down the sidewalk instead of staying in front of the store. Alison Bushan, a spokeswoman for Girl Scouts San Diego, told the San Diego Union-Tribune that this tactic was "gray area."

It wouldn't be the first time a Girl Scout racked in sales in front of a dispensary. In 2014, one savvy scout sold cookies outside of a San Francisco cannabis clinic. Girl Scouts of Northern California actually condoned it, because "the mom decided this was a place she was comfortable with her daughter being at."

Rakofsky said Urbn Leaf would be "totally open to" allowing Girl Scouts to sell cookies outside their storefronts regularly, if the organization allowed it. "We have no problem," she said. "But unfortunately that's not us, that's the Girl Scouts."

https://mashable.com/2018/02/05/gir...utside-marijuana-weed-pot-store/#LECTuuqjwOqr

I would say that she is a 'Smart Cookie' to target people with THE MUNCHIES!

I dont see how this surprises anyone anymore after the countless stories of baked goods being sold out near an event or place full of stoners

hockeyblue22

Hehe awesome! Jeez you Cali folks are awesome I love hearing these stories. Even if/when NJ legalizes, I would probably buy the parents dinner if they had the guts to do that... NJ is just sooooooo, what's the word, prude, corny, I dunno... I just don't get it... You'd probably see some poor girls and parents on the news for getting expelled from the Scouts if they did it here. Ugh!

stim

this story regurgitates every year. Its pretty sad that a dispensary and some poor kids parents would use her for publicity. Wait till this kid tries to apply for an ivy league school and they google this endeavor. Its a joke on the stoners buying cookies I doubt the parents are legit advocates think preppy assholes laughing all the way or some desperate "weeds" housewife wannabe. No self respecting advocate would encourage this jackassery things are hard enough as they are with people getting serious time behind bars everyday for a plant! People on opioids and meds that need to try CBD see this shit and won't go near a dispensary that they would actually benefit from. Kiddie shit in my humble opinion we should be past this dumb shit.

W

Water-

this story regurgitates every year. Its pretty sad that a dispensary and some poor kids parents would use her for publicity. Wait till this kid tries to apply for an ivy league school and they google this endeavor. Its a joke on the stoners buying cookies I doubt the parents are legit advocates think preppy assholes laughing all the way or some desperate "weeds" housewife wannabe. No self respecting advocate would encourage this jackassery things are hard enough as they are with people getting serious time behind bars everyday for a plant! People on opioids and meds that need to try CBD see this shit and won't go near a dispensary that they would actually benefit from. Kiddie shit in my humble opinion we should be past this dumb shit.

or is it pretty sad that the Girl Scouts encourage children to go out and sell unhealthy junk "food" to an already overweight and unhealthy populace?

She was coerced to play capitalist, and she played the game well.

stim

you are kidding right? if you can't stop yourself from eating cookies you are an idiot with no self control if you blame the girl scouts for anything you are insane and need to stop smoking pot. Junk food to a populace wow you sound like its always sunny the master says no more thin mints Ronald mcdonald!!!!!! OMG you just made my day with that totally irrelevant rant. Seriously girl scout cookies are only even sold for a small portion of the year impacting "the dumb sheeple" whom you presume actually exist absolutely zero. I can't wait until you are a parent NOT

stim

did you at your capitalist internet service provider bill to rant at me or did you use the capitalist library HA what a crock of shit you are

hockeyblue22

Now ME WANT COOOKIES!

giphy.gif