What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1987 Afgoo ibl

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
So I'm curious to know if anyone on this forum knows anything about this line? Is it a back cross ibl or is it a purebred ibl? I've been struggling finding any information on Google so I'm turning to the most knowledgeable place online here at the mag so if we can get some answers I will be very happy

Thanks in advance icmagfam

One love and Blessed Be
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima
:tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Curious where you heard about this line?
This is the first time I've seen a date associated w Afgoo

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Curious where you heard about this line?
This is the first time I've seen a date associated w Afgoo

Same I went on Google to find any sort of information pertaining to this seed and got nothing so perhaps it's very rare or maybe very few people work this line

Hopefully someone that knows anything about this can spew out some information bout the 1987 afgoo

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I have sown the few seeds I have in hope that I'll get em all to pop and get at least 1 boy and 1 girl to make another generation of seeds to have a better quantity for selection will update as they germinate successfully :)

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Also when I get the background on the origins of this seed I will also post it so this thread is worth the time to read

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
So I've been extremely careful looking for any radical action from the seeds it looks as if 2 have responded the other 2 I will anticipate 2 more weeks the longest I will wait for the others so let's hope we can get both genders so we can make a ton of seeds to have a better look through the 1987 afgoo "ibl" line

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
3 out of 4 are responding to germination, 2 out of 4 are starting to push out of the soil awaiting to shed that she'll and 1 isn't doing anything.... yet. But we will wait till 4 are out so we can get the sprout pictures

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
So the story on these to how they got to me hands are that the friend whom I acquired these from got em from one o his relatives that served in the military I'm assuming from the time the goo was in seed before people may have kept em tightly held and I got these from a trade what happened prior I have no idea but we will continue this thread once I get the new pics up now that they are starting to node

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
So I think I "may" have gotten a male in my 2 plants so wish me luck that I get lucky enough to preserve this seed line if it is or is not the real deal afgoo seed line

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Afgooey = Aghani x Gooey (Gooey was made by Gooeybreeder)

Gooeybreeder said:
one of gooey components, the Maui. Yes, it was afgan 1 x Gooey, which made afgooey. My partner back then did the cross. Hence me not taking credit for it as I knew he was doing breeding and didn't want to take that away from him. If you see real afgooey and gooey grown side by side, you'd know for sure they are heavily related. Other than gooey being bigger, they are about the same plant. Slightly more indy in the afgooey.

Cloneman

Veteran
Gooey or Norcal Gooey by Gooeybreeder is 30ish years old, so i suppose there's your 1987?

Latest posts

Latest posts