What's new

Dosing for tourettes syndrome

Hi.
I've recently been helping a friend grow so he can medicate for his severe Tourettes syndrome.

The strain is blueberry, and around 20%thc.

At the moment he is smoking 5 grams a day.
The ticks seem to calm after the first few tokes of each joint but he smokes every joint to the end.
To me it seems far too much to smoke 5g a day.

What are your opinions on this?
Has anyone got advice on dosing?
Thanks.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
It depends on his tolerance good buddy. That being said, he should be using a vaporizer (contains less) than smoking an entire joint, as a joint was meant to be passed around, since you said that his spasms diminish within the first couple of toots. He can have another vape if he feels the need to. I guarantee he won't be going through 5g a day.

I use "mari pills" ea weighing 0.22-0.26g each. I take 2 day and 1 nighttime one for my various ailments. I prefer the medication doing its owrk (which it does) rather than spend my days floating on a cloud. If I want a little boost before the pill kick in (usually between 20-30 min) ea pill last for 5-6 hrs. I take my pills 6hrs apart.

All that being said, each person is different. :tiphat:

Maple_Flail

medicating with cannabis is like filling a glass with liquid.. sure the first mouthfuls can satiate dry mouth.. but a thirst takes much more.

This discussion should likely happen with your friend, to get a better understanding of what you are witnessing. Do not approach it like, Wow you are smoking so much.. approach it in terms of curiousity. does his tremours come sooner if he puts the joint out sooner? just because he isn't shaking doesn't nessiarly mean there isn't pain to be dealt with.

If this is on a basis of him not beingable to maintain medication between harvests, maybe a strain swap or a second strain may be more appropriate than trying to limit his smoke.

Latest posts

Latest posts