What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gry could use your thoughts, prayers, meditations, or what ever you have to offer

M

moose eater

Moose, anyway you could convince Gry to temporarily stray from his vegan diet? I'm thinking some beef broth with vegetables could do a lot in the way of energy and sustenance.

Thanks Squall.

In a moment of naiveté the other day, I'd apologized to Gry for relating the status of the smoked back ribs in my smoker.

He replied that he enjoys meat very much. :)

I didn't inquire further, but it occurred to me that with his liver no longer with him, the absence may have left him in a position of not being able to take in at least some potent sources of proteins.

I'd made the assumption that his vegan status was one of philosophical or political orientation. In the end, I think it's very possible that his vegan status is a matter of him ingesting what his body can handle. I'll ask if my second assumption that day was more accurate than the first. ;^>)

I did send him some (various) dried beans and brown rice the other day (and one can of prepared black beans, as well as some canned tomatoes with chili peppers in them); the old stand-by for complete proteins when combined, along with enough seasonings to hopefully make a dull, basic trail or bush meal into something tasty.

But prepping dried goods takes energy too. Like burning wood, it absorbs some BTUs in the process, while it's creating BTUs.

I'm tickled (and a little more hopeful) that Gry's being angry at specific injustices had him sounding like the Gry I know. :)

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
He replied that he enjoys meat very much. :)

I didn't inquire further, but it occurred to me that with his liver no longer with him, the absence may have left him in a position of not being able to take in at least some potent sources of proteins.

I'd made the assumption that his vegan status was one of philosophical or political orientation. In the end, I think it's vey possible that his vegan status is a matter of him ingesting what his body can handle.

Sounds like a low-protein diet for someone with kidney issues.:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish, very seriously, that someone were there to coax Gry into seeking a source of medical care for an assessment, and maybe an IV for purpose of hydration, at a minimum.....But suffering for long periods, that's not [necessary]

What you described is severe dehydration....it can a profound impact on functioning, memory, et.al. Salt not good, so prepared easy-to-cook meals are risky.

Is there not a chapter of cannabis minded folk to assess him, help him to a clinic? Surely there are medical professionals that will do this gratis.

Just because he received a misdiagnosis, there are many avenues in his location to go to.

Please, moose, encourage him to seek help, hydration....THEN deal with the aftermath and recuperation.

M

moose eater

One deficit among many is that Gry's not getting on-line for much at all. It took him a day to open up the boxes I sent, and another 2 days to open up the third box to arrive.

I urged him to seek medical help, and he is, for now, sticking to hopefulness that he will be recuperating in a day or so.

His room-mate could help to take care of his cats, but is out of town until (???), and I'm waiting on his phone number to discuss particulars..

Meanwhile, Gry is reportedly drinking a fair bit of H2O now, as of the last time we spoke. (Around the time of my posting at the bottom of the previous page).

There's another forum member who is seeking out a family member who works in a charitable org, and has medical background, to see what might be done for Gry.

*Emphasizing that Gry has to OK any of this. All the desire for Gry to do the right thing still ends in whether or not Gry is willing to go through the hurdles. He can have a dozen options for the good, but he has to agree to take the steps.

Big Nasty

Not try to be a dick but i saw the symptoms of renal failure,nothing is going to help but dialysis,otherwise you feel extremely sick because your body can't get rid of toxins,ammonia,water and electrolites;this way,in the long run,leads to cardiac issues...again Gry,if you're reading please consider this option.

Gry

Lot of wisdom in the last few posts. Been pretty hellish, can't really find comfort. Have very strong pain meds, that I have on hand, I stick with the cannabis. Do know that some iv fluids would make the difference, but I am not lucid enough to do a stick on myself. Have lactated ringers and line sets w/ 14 gauge points.
Consuming the last of what was 2 quarts of Thai , the basil tastes so damn fine.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Lot of wisdom in the last few posts. Been pretty hellish, can't really find comfort. Have very strong pain meds, that I have on hand, I stick with the cannabis. Do know that some iv fluids would make the difference, but I am not lucid enough to do a stick on myself. Have lactated ringers and line sets w/ 14 gauge points.
Consuming the last of what was 2 quarts of Thai , the basil tastes so damn fine.
I wish I was closer to offer more than words and a little bit of money, but you gotta take care of yourself man. :huggg:I don't know what that entails, but I hope we can figure it out :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Soooooo glad to see you on here. sent PM.

Thoughts/prayers and if I was out of line speculating, kick me!

Gry

Not try to be a dick but i saw the symptoms of renal failure,nothing is going to help but dialysis,otherwise you feel extremely sick because your body can't get rid of toxins,ammonia,water and electrolites;this way,in the long run,leads to cardiac issues...again Gry,if you're reading please consider this option.

Feeling the sting of that which you speak.
Well, I guess it it explains why I feel like I am not
improving.
Thank you so much to those who have been so kind to me.
Odd how one learns things in life. God but I feel stupid.
Will do some extract, feel scared and disgusted at my ignorance.

M

moose eater

Glad you were able to make it on-line to this thread, Gry.

Stupid?? No one who knows you would saddle you with that.

I was quite pleased to hear you sounding more clear, and getting more water down earlier. Food too.

Please forgive the play-by-play of your rather private life over the last week or (???).

My younger son and I had initially planned to head to Chitina tomorrow for dip-netting/salmon, but it looks like we may have to postpone that for a week or a bit less.

There's more care headed your way than what you've already received. Folks have been very generous, and offered a heart-felt showing of their respect for you..

Continue getting well.

Take care.

Big Nasty

Feeling the sting of that which you speak.
Well, I guess it it explains why I feel like I am not
improving.
Thank you so much to those who have been so kind to me.
Odd how one learns things in life. God but I feel stupid.
Will do some extract, feel scared and disgusted at my ignorance.
No man,don't feel stupid or sorry,my father learned these things the hardest way.
You must fight but this is not a battle that you can fight all by yourself,we can only help to heal your soul,unfortunately not your body,hope to hear good news from you soon.

Badfishy1

Gry :) <3