What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is the legal cannabis industry just a changing of the guard?

theJointedOne

Veteran
Yeah, it sure looks that way,,,

watched the Mountain series NetFux did,,, what a sensationalized piece of crap,,, serving to direct peoples sentiments to exactly that kind of model you mention Shaggy,,, and also serving exactly the kind of elitist schmucks associated with NetFux

but listen clearly to Sherriff Honsal in the last episode saying how they will bring the hammer down on anyone not sanctioned by the state, county, fda, etc

spot on ,

couldnt have said it better myself

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Long as we are able to continue to grow our own I'm happy, been nice being legal medically for awhile, nice being rec now too. I am all for dispensaries, for some people, but I will always grow my own. And big pharm can F them selves. But I agree with what you all said completely, already see it happening.

Yay for Michiganders

EvergreenState

The reason most states allocate a percentage of state ,stolen revenues, to law enforcement from legal pot growers, processors and retailers is because law enforcement will be their strong arm enforcers to protect their new marijuana monopoly. Please understand that if the state and local agencies (cities, counties) take the largest cut it is THEIR business. The growers, processors and retailers work for them.
Here in Washington the tax rate on marijuana for the state and the city is now at 53%. So when I spend $10 at a dispensary the state gets 46%, city 8% or $5.30 out of that $10. The state and city does no work other than some weak ass regulations and thinks it deserves 53 cents of every dollar taken in by growers, processors and reatilers. The people in the marijuana business work hard and take great financial risks and do a great deal of work in order to run these businesses but the state takes the biggest cut. The state makes organized crime loan sharks and protection rackets look like pussies. The state does their organized crime activities LEGALLY and take a bigger cut.
Good luck Michigan and don't let the state bastards and their strong arm collection agents and head bashers take control. You will regret it.

shaggyballs

Veteran
\
How could this be legalization when they can still pick and choose who can grow this plant?
What this is really about is money and greed, and a shift in power from the grass roots people to the corporate establishment.

I have to agree with this statement, it is the truth, sad but true!

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally, I've stopped using the terms 'Grey and Black Market'. Now I say, Established Cannabis Industry. The ECI and the Legacy Players who created it gave us the cannabis we enjoy now. It's time they were recognized and compensated for their enormous contributions over the last 5 decades.

One thing we can do here on ICMag is to preserve the lore and knowledge of existing genetics. Big Ag will try to rebrand, essentially claiming that any 'strain' they come up with was pulled out the ass, rather than admitting to standing on the shoulders of giants that came before them. Some of us older breeders have seen so much cannabis genetics over the years that we often see familiar traits in the works of younger breeders. Thankfully, most up and coming breeders are hip to the work of their elders and eager to name their sources. I'm predicting that big Ag will not, and that will work to their disadvantage. If connoisseur growers and breeders continue on as we have for the last 5 decades, I really don't think big Ag will be able to compete. We'll just breed them under the table!

White Beard

The Schumer-Jeffries bill in the Senate proposes to deschedule completely and expunge records. If that makes it thru, it will take the wind out of tough-guy regulations in the states.

We can *fight* this locally, but we have to win it *nationally*. As long as federal anti-cannabis measures are in place, the state legislators will have no problem pointing to the fed stance to justify the most draconian forms of “legalization”.

Don’t forget, too, that ~half the states have Republican legislatures; that crowd ALWAYS plays for the big-money team, so we need to recognize them as driving factors in the current botch-job.

We also need to make OUR numbers and our parameters and our goals known in state houses and Capitol Hill. We may no add up dollar-wise, but there are more of us and many on our side. Congress *must* hear from more than the big-money boys.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Fight you say?
Not a bad idea.
How about we start with standing up and saying fuck you to the government!
We can do this with a NO vote to fake legalization.
Some can anyway for others it is already too late.
In 2014 I said we need to:
Vote no to legalize cannabis or else!

We went ahead with fake legalization anyway so now we have to deal with the or else part of it all .

Too bad it all could not have been done the right way the first time around.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Oh, although it is a good thing to get criminal records expunged, what is the sense in that when you throw new folks in jail for cannabis growing everyday.

What kind of shit is this?
They look compassionate on the surface but the same old song of prison for cannabis growers is still playin on the radio.

And if you think things will get better once the FEDS decide to go legal?
You may want to rethink that thought prosess.
Big AG will then open the floodgates and let the trauma begin.
But we will soon see the truth.

troutman

Seed Whore
It doesn't seem like that. It is like that! The same assholes who punished us for liking
this plant are more likely than not the ones who are now going to make money from it.

It's pure hipocrisy and I hope every one of them burns in Hell for their hate crime.

troutman

Seed Whore
If you think he is not telling the truth check the link.
Link:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=340053

40958e08a94203ec9d2ed31ce88c02e2.jpg

grayeyes

I don't need to sell to anyone as I am doing this completely for myself. In a legal state.

Don't feel sorry for the Kevin Jodreys. And I am not crying that they are NOT making the big bucks any longer.

Gonna need a bigger closet for my stash.

Latest posts

Latest posts