What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

checking out new strains~

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
Beautiful greenhouse, and an interesting selection of quality strains you're working with.

Looking forward to the show!

Peace

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a look at the gh...
Man... I'd love to have a space like that just to live in.

thanks for coming along , you can keep me inline with whats going on, keep me focused . hahaha may have to tolerate my blindness to pollen throwing is all :)

but i,m the first to admit , i,ve never read a book ( well i should say i tried , until it become to confusing ). i go by observation or just pure impulse/feel at times of a pollen throw . mainly i,m looking at plants and seeing what i think they are lacking in or needing . if i,ve got a male i feel will improve its growth or structure . i also take into account how fast the male flowered and the female . the best part is i,m carefully doing individual branches , so one female of choice will serve as the mother of several strains .
That sounds just about how I do things, for the most part. Although, so I dont overwhem myself, I choose the variety that I specifically want males from first. Pop them, then start popping other varieties later.
but my main objective is to make f2 and crosses for outdoor production , mold resistance being high on the list . potency, structure , yield , heavy feeder

second objective is to find few strains great for indoors , though i do not do indoor . i,m sure the guys that helped me with the beans wouldn't complain :)

the recent cross is skylotus x ancient og.

F2s are the most fun, imo. Both for growing & for searching for unique cultivars. They provide the most variety & least uniformity allowing Homozygous traits to shine (if desirable) or shadow (if undesirable).

Do you know of Luther Burbank?
His premise was, more or less, Keep the best and disregard all others. He was an excellent plant breeder producing several hundred fruit/vegetable cultivars that we still use to this day.
Looking forward to seeing some nice gear from your crosses.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

@mj
yep i,m f2 crazy thats what i mainly will grow in the future , and have done in the past .crosses are for fun .

i,ve already done as you say , pulled any undesirables as seedlings male and female . also will seed lower branches of all them , keep the seed from the standouts . as you may realise , i won't really have a good idea till there finished whats the keepers among them . as they are pollinated at around 2/3 weeks . there will be a gem in there somewhere i,m guessing :)

what i really need to do if i was serious is fill the gh with one strain only , keep 20 odd males at my remote spot . select the best of the best . but i,m not a breeder just a chucker lol

i actually have a strain with keepers in it , i got lucky on a pollen chuck . i really need to revisit them seeds before they expire and find her again(the keeper) and pollinate it . i never took pics . i ran the beans last year . but i didn't realise i had her till the time she was nearly mature . first plant out of thousands i,ve seen that was actually perfect in every way ( the holy grail so to say)
there was actually 2 identical pheno keepers out of 10 plants of that strain i ran . so i,m hoping there in there in abundance . its finding the time and committing myself to one strain, thats the hard part . i love variety

hope you guys can follow my rambles , i drift off course

pic from last week front view , f2 testers seedlings right up front i made last seed run . swamp boys summer breeze (left ) bodhi mountain temple (right ) my favourite strain atm . between them barely visible franchise breeder seed big E .
IMG_0289.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bodhi pink lotus , i,m loving the pink lotus , i have 3 of them the male is nearly 6 foot . though this is a smaller one of the 3 .
IMG_1120.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

aficionado in the pines

so far made f2 & x in the pines x bodhi choc trip f2 ( keeping this a sativa based line ) they went to bud fairly quick so fast flowering sativa by looks . has very interesting make up in the pines .( can't remember them all of the top of my head . i,m expecting pineapple though )

IMG_1119.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bodhi genius thai extreme
IMG_1116.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

bodhi super silver haze x snow lotus
IMG_1111.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bodhi lemon zinger
IMG_1108.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bodhi apollo 13 gorilla arm not the bigger one of them :/
IMG_1107.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bodhi jungle spice
IMG_1106.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

8 1/2 weeks glad there pushing hairs out , cause i,d be running out of space . looks like my time of planting was just right space wise .
IMG_1104.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i think i,ve mentioned this already , i,m totally in love with pink lotus . i,m going to put my money on it go,s pound for pound with ancient og. its a beast . i,ve actually posted smaller girl early in the thread i think . she,s may fave . my male is a beast too it dewarfs the other males . big outdoor plants coming from these f2 beans :)
IMG_1141.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

fruity pebbles
IMG_1110_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

there are a few other medium sized plants in here . i,m waiting till they bulk up a bit more for pics . like this truth serum . true og X deathstar . the oranges tags are branches i,ve pollinated . with the information on it .
IMG_1129.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

this was one of my keeper truth serum,s ( at around 30 days ) its been hit by several of my males .
IMG_0160.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Waaagh how did I miss this. Let me roll my wheelchair in here and get comfortable. "Yo witch, bring me my oilrig and a beer!" That's better. Damn mate, when I come visit you in Tasmania I wanna sleep in yer GH too!:biggrin:

B

BAKED_BEANZ

theres no grizzly bears here though , man. not sure you,d like it . got some tazi devils though . but if your bringing beer i won't say no :)

there may not be room in there for you yet :)

Last edited:

SourDank

Veteran
I'm excited to see that Silver Lotus, lost my keeper of her last year. She was awesome to say the least. Have fun chucking that pollen, love the private crosses. Always the most fun imo

Scrappy-doo

Looking great in there pitty! Gonna be quite a show in a couple months. I'll bring my 3D glasses I swiped from the star wars premiere.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I'm loving the setup and the automation. What's the net you've got hanging below the center for? I'll be checking back in with you after this next year to see how happy you are with the setup and what you would do differently.

Congrats and best wishes!

B

BAKED_BEANZ

thanks for joining in everyone !

@abja roots , the net is to prevent insects flying in the roof vent . a shit catcher of sorts . i,m already changing things next season , going smart pots super soil, smart pots weren't and arn,t available to me . so i have to import them . and only doing 3 of the best suited strains . also decent support off course . i kinda thought , i,d be right with smaller plants . but some of the bigger ones got away on me quicker than i expected . least with the smart pots there will be room for an outside cage . the beds have limited me in that way also

columbian d and some bodhi f2 mountain temple testers seedlings
IMG_1155.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dank vader
IMG_1143.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

lemon thai kush and bodhi f2 mountian temple tester seedlings
IMG_1140.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Nice. I'm sure that's super useful. I definitely noticed the bugs that gathered in my hoops last year, which were initially attracted by the lights to keep them from flowering early.

I'll be watching and learning. Thanks for sharing!

B

BAKED_BEANZ

bodhi lucky charms
IMG_1152.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

malawi x black lime reserve
IMG_1151.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bodhi dragons blood ( my fave of the week )
IMG_1150.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bodhi choc trip f2
IMG_1149.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

B

BAKED_BEANZ

bodhi blowfish x appy
IMG_1144.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rez sssdh
IMG_1153.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ok think that basically brings all the strains up to date . i prob missed a couple here and there . i know there some rainbow jones , cheese & chong , sssdhcookies all connoisseur genetics .

J.V

ICMag Donor
Impressive greenhouse......And lots of variety.

How long are the days in Tasmania at the moment.....Being so far south, I'd imagine your days are reasonably long.