What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$200 DIY Greenhouse

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
thanks bonsai...

even with the doors open temps in the greenhouse are 20-25 degrees hotter... :eek:

gotta get that fan running...

GP73LPC

Veteran
ok, solar panel arrived, is wired and working :woohoo:

the fan spins faster and faster the brighter it gets. when a cloud comes by it slows considerably...

just what i needed. i hope it's not to hot to grow in there now. temps are still unseasonably warm :toohot:

fan is spinning although you can't see it in the pic...

picture.php

and my first victim, lol !!!

got broccoli ?

this out to be fun. never have grown in a green house nor grown broccoli...

picture.php

i've gotta get my plumbing from tank into my greenhouse now ;)

even though total rain has been less than 3/4" over the last 3.5 months i have 4 inches of water in my 330 gallon tank which is around 27 gallons :dance013: time for some PVC and shovel

GP73LPC

Veteran
2nd victim. tomato plant. btw, both plants watered today with collected rain water ;)

picture.php

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That's an awesome greenhouse, and I love the solar panel too. Are you going to mount it or just keep it there? I'll be watching for sure.

-Funk

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Hey it's coming together nicely GP, I hope it cools down some for you

GP73LPC

Veteran
That's an awesome greenhouse, and I love the solar panel too. Are you going to mount it or just keep it there? I'll be watching for sure.

-Funk

thanks, it will be mounted on the shed next to it. the southern side roof of the shed for the solar panel and the northern side to collect rain for my 330 gallon tank...

Hey it's coming together nicely GP, I hope it cools down some for you

thanks, temps are reasonable now, still warmer than normal, but reasonable.

wow that looks amazing i wanna do the same i love the solar pannel idea thats rad

thanks man afoaf turned me onto the solar panel and fan. in fact, i was out at his weekend farm the last two days and really got a good understanding of his entire solar/wind system he has for his cabin, bad-boy buggy, tool shed and chicken coup. :good:

i wanna add some more panels, a charge controller and a battery or two. then could operate some cfls or leds in my shed and even operate a power tool or two :dance013:

GP73LPC

Veteran
a little update...

tomato's doing well. broccoli growing.

picture.php

t33to

That's a pretty cool grow bag technique! Do you ever find the tomatoes run out of food? What about air? Do you punch holes in the bags for drainage?

GP73LPC

Veteran
i saw someone here using it i think.

first time i've tried it.

there are drainage holes...

doing fine so far.

GP73LPC

Veteran
it's been such a productive day, let's get the solar panel mounted...

supposed to be 20 degrees, close enough...

ready to mount to roof ;)

picture.php

picture.php

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I see a little cooler weather helps the work get finished faster lol. Looks good

GP73LPC

Veteran
I see a little cooler weather helps the work get finished faster lol. Looks good

amazing how the energy level is not completely zapped by the mid summer sun, lol :D

thanks man...

such an inspirational thread! doing a great job bro! :wave:

thanks, that's a nice thing to say. i hope it is inspirational for those who can use it... :tiphat:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:respect:

Hot DAMN dude. Lovin' it. But bummed to see the temps situation. :(

I'm planning on something similar in the spring. No can do reefer outside 'round these parts (yet), but I'm stoked for general flower/veggie usage. :good: