What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suby Fights Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
In short here I am at 30 and I have cancer, Lymphoblastic Lymphoma (sp) to be more precise.
I was admitted to the emergency thinking my back was acting up and affecting my chest area only to learn 3 hours later after 4 or so tests that I had a 15cm mass on my mediastenum and a biopsy and week later that I have a form of bone marrow cancer.
These last 3 weeks have been surreal, I've been a fucking guinea pig and treatment for this disease runs 18-30 months and may include some form of bone marrow transplant to increase my odds against relapse.
So far I am reacting very well to chemo and my mass has all but disappeared but now they have to reset my marrow over the next 60 days which will be the hardest part as my immune system will basically be shut down to restart it.

I hope this is the right forum for this, I'm not really sure how anyone can help, I have not taken any MJ of any kind for the last 7 weeks due to my testing for life insurance (the irony here is unparelled to say the least).
I am getting a lot of support from the staff and weed seems on the menu once I am back home going through the building back up of my strength and immune system, I will be pooling all my knowledge and friends have volunteered as care givers in any amount form and quality, I will be discussing it with the pharmacologist once I have a set meeting, for now I am sticking to the treatment.

I am getting excellent care in a special hemo- oncology unit, my job is to keep my head in the game, meditate, my friends and family have been spectacular and supportive and passionate about keeping my spirits high.
My daughter keeps me focused, I miss her and my wife but I get weekly visits from my girl and my family is in almost every day.

I have internet access via a wireless modem and laptop, I will be forgoing all online activity other than research for myself and MJ and I will be using this time to compile a grow book, a project I have always wanted to do.

If I post this here it I because I feel you have all been true friends to me and that I can use all the positive karma and vibes I can get.
Be good to one another and wish me the best, live each day to the fullest and love one another.

Your friend always,

Suby

Last edited:

vodoochild

I hope everything goes well for you suby, im close to your age too. I dunno what id do. Stay strong for all of us. :)

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Suby
Im sorry to hear this Oour prayers are with you daily.Glad things are going good with the cemo and all .
I hear going through that marrow change will be heck .
AND i'd like to place my order now for the book.

I"M on IC alot if you need chat just hit me with a PM my friend.

good karma ,much love to you and your's

GOOD LUCK
I N Hail and wife (I X Hail )

M

macmiddle

Hi

Sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you, hope you make a speedy recovery, your positive attitude can only help mate

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Suby, try to find strains that contain significant amounts of CBD(most don't). CBD and THC can both be used to fight cancer. High amounts of THC will kill some types of cancer cells. CBD is immunomodulatory and may prevent cancer from spreading. Both are antioxidants and antiemetic for nausea. Best wishes for a complete recovery.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Damn!! I'm SO sorry to hear this news Suby.

My cousin was diagnosed at 28, and is fighting a form of luekemia which sounds very similar to what your describing Suby.. He had to go through those same bone marrow tests, and eventually our families had to go through tests to see if we could be potential donors. If you need to talk, or just get shit off your chest we'll be here for you bro. It may help talking with someone who has a positive outlook, and is actually going through a similar issue as you are.

You know you'll be in our prayers.

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Suby, try to find strains that contain significant amounts of CBD(most don't). CBD and THC can both be used to fight cancer. High amounts of THC will kill some types of cancer cells. CBD is immunomodulatory and may prevent cancer from spreading. Both are antioxidants and antiemetic for nausea. Best wishes for a complete recovery.

Thanks pops needed this info my sister too.+rep

I N Hail

C

cork144

Suby, my thoughts and wishes are with you man..

white rhino has a nice thc and cbd combo, probably why its said to be one of the most medicinal about.

C

Classyathome

I am very sorry to hear of your illness - know that they can do amazing things medically now, and you probably have a very good chance.

Stay strong, and as soon as possible, get back to medicating with the herb.

Peace and strength to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts