What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado MMJ License ?'s

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Hello all, I recently applied for a CO MMJ permit. Does anyone know what the average wait time is? If anyone has any personal or secondhand experience with this, I'd be grateful.

My doctor was actually very supportive of my request to use medical marijuana, as I told him I'd like to either use less narcotics or completely stop using them, with the help of all-natural cannabis. We need more docs like mine, compassion without judgement seems to be a rare quality these days.

I take oxycodone for chronic migraines and a bad back. I definitely want to try some of the different strains reputed to be effective for migraines and pain.

Anyhow, if anyone has any info about the licensing timeframe, I'd appreciate it. :dance:

Peace,

Bud

K

Kola Radical

I just got my card the 24th and it took 3 weeks. Two days after they cashed my check, the card showed up. My dr. also signed my forms with no problems.

I was told by my dispensary that it was normally a 2 week process, but they are really busy since Barack took office. :) So yours could show any time after the 2 week mark.

M

movingtocally

I just got my card the 24th and it took 3 weeks. Two days after they cashed my check, the card showed up. My dr. also signed my forms with no problems.

I was told by my dispensary that it was normally a 2 week process, but they are really busy since Barack took office. :) So yours could show any time after the 2 week mark.
Thanks man

BudGood

Veteran

Nice! Once I get my card, I'm going to check out CT in Colo. Springs, seems like they have a great selection. Now, I wait, albeit impatiently! :laughing: Thanks!

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
You don't need your card to be legal in CO. If you have your written recommend and proof that you've delivered the application and payment to the health dept. via US Postal mail, that's all you need.

K

Kola Radical

Right... make copies of everything and take it to your dispensary or caregiver and you don't have to wait for the card.

I use Boulder County Caregivers but I am looking for a good dispensary near LoDo.

MoleMcHenry

I just got my colorado medical marijuana card yesterday and it took about 3.5 weeks from sending in the application. 3 days after they cashed the check, I received the card.

BudGood

Veteran
Additional caregiver question

Additional caregiver question

Thanks to all who replied. Very informative bunch, you are. :)

One more question: If I want to use a dispensary/caregiver, that requires me to sign them on as my primary caregiver, will I still be able to grow myself? The guys at CT in Springs tell me this is the case. It doesn't seem correct though; it almost seems as if they're telling me what I want to hear. If I did do this, and changed them to my primary caregiver, can I still grow? Whats to stop me from using their services a few times, then changing caregiver status back to myself? Or am I simply overthinking everything??? :wallbash:

K

Kola Radical

Yes you can still grow. Nothing stops you from changing caregivers as often as you want, which is a problem for the state, paperworkwise. They are backlogged now because everyone changes caregivers. I already changed mine to save 25 bucks per visit. I will change it again if I find a better dispensary that doesn't sell hydro that needs to be flushed, as medicine.

I grow and my caregiver grows. All gods children get to grow. :)

IrieEye

Kola,

I too should be receiving my card within a couple of weeks. I didn't provide a caregiver on my form that I already mailed in, will I still be able to purchase my medicine from a dispensary as soon as I get my card? Or will I need to provide a dispensary prior to going and have wait another few days longer?

I'm also thinking about using Boulder County Caregivers, as I work in Boulder. Are you still down on them? Is there anyone else within the North Denver area worth using?

rocky_mtns

Hello all-

I am a resident of the High Country here in CO, and I use cannabis everyday. Just over a month ago, in March, I fell very very hard overshooting a jump, thus over-rotating my backflip, so I pretty much crumpled myself. I went to the hospital as soon as I saw I was losing lots of blood via my piss- turns out I had a lacerated kidney. Ouch. Anyways, the piss-blood went on for a week, just like they said it would, and it cleared up. 3 weeks later, I can still hardly sleep because of shooting pains in my lower back. I went to the chiropractor to get a look at it, and I guess I slipped a disc in my lower back, which was nothing too bad. The ER never took a look at my spine since they were worried about the kidney... I've been going to the chiropractor 3 times a week for PT, which has been helping. However, I still wake up 7-8 times a night because of this pain, which concerns my chiro, so I have to get an MRI for a closer look at what might be a fracture somewhere in my back. ANYWAYS, ever since the accident I've been smoking MJ for pain-relief more-so than for enhancing my mindstate. I made a high-dose firecracker the other night before bed and I managed to sleep soundly with only 3 wake-ups, which was nice. My chiropractor has not prescribed me any pain meds, and I don't really like taking pills much anyways, but I need my MJ. SO, it would be real nice to have my MMJ card, so I could medicate without worry. Anyone have some tips on acquiring this or want to help point me in the right direction? Thanks.

IrieEye

A new dispensary is opening up in Boulder this week. I believe it's called New Horizons located on 29th and Aurora. I think I'll give them a go.

P

Paco

I just thought I would post this up for all of the CO
MMJ patients.
I hope this helps you guys find a caregiver near you.
I want to put up the numbers for these caregivers, since this info isn't that readily available to alot of people. But I am not sure that is a good idea. let me Know if you guys want me to put the contact numbers up.
Also check MMJ-news.com for more info. Please post more caregivers, and your experiences with these providers listed.
Berthoud
Tranquility Healing Center
Boulder
Caregiving Friends
Boulder County Caregivers
New Options Wellness
Colorado Springs
Colorado Cannabis Center
Highlands COOP
Colorado Cannabis Caregivers
Trichome Health Consultants

Erie
Organic Medicine Club
Denver

North Denver Caregivers
Alternative Medicine of Southeast Denver
Metro Cannabis Inc.
BC Inc
Highlands Health
Cannabis Medical
Herbal Connections
Patients Choice of Colorado
Local Medical Marijuana Delivery
Cherry Creek Health
High Country Medical Soultions

Evergreen
A kinder place
Mountain High Wellness Center

Golden
Green Meadows Wellness

Lafayette
C3 Iniatitives Co-op
Highlands
Alternacare
Herbal Connections

Longmont
The Apothecary
Saguache
Top Hat Enterprises
Westminster
Cannabis Soultions
Don Cooper
The Healing Center

Fort Collins
PhD Budz
Alliance for cannabis therapeutics
ColoradoChronix

Wheat ridge
Natures RX
Kind room

MtnKuSh

what is the process of getting one of these cards in Co.. step 1-5..? can the card be used in any of the med centers or just 1 etc. ?

coloradochronix

Colorado Caregivers

Colorado Caregivers

Here is another BIG outfit in Fort Collins with over 200 patients that they caregive for: www.Colorado-CHRONIX.com

They carry ALL HIGH QUALITY MEDS including Tincutres, Edibles, Teas, Lotions, Clones, Grow Classes and many others!

GREAT community of MMJ Patients/Growers and Caregivers working together for the cause in Northern Colorado and soon opening on the Western Slope in Grand Junction.

ask for DOC and Laura
Owners/Founders
970-227-3366