What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yellowing of leaves (flowering Autoflower)

weedeasy

Good day,

My leaves around bud sites have begun to turn yellow. I inspected them and I am not sure what's wrong.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

f2obsession

It looks like iron deficiency to me, but it is probably caused by overfert/salt buildup/PH issue i think.

I would give her a flush with PH adjusted light solution. Maybe foliar feed with something with micros in the same time.

I'm not an expert, might be wrong

weedeasy

I flushed all females with 3 gallons of RO water at a PH of 6.8 and a 6PPM. 1.6 gallons of run off water was collected from each fabric pot.
The initial run off had a PH of 6.1 and PPM of 221.
Final run off had a PH of 6.48 and PPM of 78.

My medium is 4 parts Pro Mix Mycorrhizae, 1 part cured cow manure, 1 part top soil with rotted saw dust and 0.5 part perlite.

zif

Veteran
Could you be overwatering?

It looks like iron deficiency from anaerobic soil. I used pro-mix + compost (with 1/4 or so extra perlite by vol) and found It always tended to get too soggy. Adding 1/4 or so coco makes a much more forgiving mix.

Good luck!

weedeasy

Definitely not overwatering. I water only when soil looks and feels dry. I use a wooden rod, when submerged in soil at 2in and is still dry, then I water. I water like 2 times a week or every 4 days. I feed lightly every other watering. I use Fox Farm Trio and CalMag. All nutes are at half strength per gallon.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Definitely not overwatering. I water only when soil looks and feels dry. I use a wooden rod, when submerged in soil at 2in and is still dry, then I water. I water like 2 times a week or every 4 days. I feed lightly every other watering. I use Fox Farm Trio and CalMag. All nutes are at half strength per gallon.

If you have rusty nails nearby...throw 'em in a bucket of water. Water after soaking or get lawn amendment: IRONITE. Like others posted- iron deficiency.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You are letting your pH swing too high and its locking out Iron. If you are using tap water you may want to change waters. Try RO or rain water to lower the pH.