What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack Herer Dedication Thread...

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome fellow ICmag enthusiasts,

I start this thread for the purpose of showing everyone this wonderful strain and to hopefully make the man himself proud R.I.P Jack Herer (June 18, 1939 – April 15, 2010)

Quote from wikipedia,,,

"For the people who dont know who Jack was he was an American cannabis activist and the author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes, a book which has been used in efforts to decriminalize cannabis.A former Goldwater Republican, Herer was a pro-cannabis (marijuana) and hemp activist. He wrote two books, the aforementioned The Emperor Wears No Clothes and Grass. There has also been a documentary made about his life called, The Emperor of Hemp. He believed that the cannabis sativa plant should be decriminalized because it has been shown to be a renewable source of fuel, food, and medicine, and can be grown in virtually any part of the world, and that the U.S. government deliberately hides the proof of this.

A specific strain of cannabis has been named after Jack Herer in honor of his work. This strain has won several awards, including the 7th High Times Cannabis Cup. Jack Herer was also inducted into the Counterculture Hall of Fame at the 16th Cannabis Cup in recognition of his first book.

Herer ran for United States President twice, in 1988 (1,949 votes) and 1992 (3,875 votes) as the Grassroots Party candidate.

In July 2000, Herer suffered a minor heart attack and a major stroke, resulting in difficulties speaking and moving the right side of his body. Herer mostly recovered, and claimed in May 2004 that treatment with the amanita muscaria, a psychoactive mushroom was the "secret".

On September 12, 2009 Herer suffered another heart attack while backstage at the Hempstalk Festival in Portland, Oregon. He spent nearly a month in critical condition in a Portland hospital, including several days in a medically induced coma. He was discharged to another facility on October 13, 2009. Paul Stanford of The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation said "He is waking up and gazing appropriately when someone is talking... but he is not really communicating in any way." He died aged 70 on April 15, 2010 in Eugene, Oregon, from complications related to the September 2009 heart attack.

On April 25th, 2010, Jack Herer was laid to rest at the Eden Memorial Park in Mission Hills, CA. The ceremony was attended by 600 people, including family, friends and hemp activists from around the world. Speaking at graveside, Steven Hager, the first editor to publish Herer's research in a national magazine, called for April 20th to be renamed "Jack Herer Day."

I have had the pleasure of growing for the past 14 years a cutting that i hold dearly in my collection which was gifted to me from an old friends dad who purchased a pack way back in 94-95 in Amsterdam,,,Recently me and a close friend decided to purchase another pack of sensi's Jack Herer ironically 2 days before he passed away,,,I'm hoping to find a suitable male to keep for breeding and anything else ill consider a bonus as i believe nothing would represent Jack Herer the strain better than the cutting i have, could be me being bias but i haven't grown out 50 packs of Jack Herer...:)

I would just like to add that anyone can share their pics or experiences with Jack Herer in his thread the more the better...:biggrin:

Today i decided to put the new beans into some moist paper towel and into a plastic container then onto a heat pad my preferred way of germinating beans,,,Then into straight coco they go and after they have grown for 2-3 weeks and i have got them of to a good start ill half what plants are left with my friend and we will grow them out using pretty much an identical setup 400 watt metal halide's for veg and 600w HPS for flower....

Enough talk here is some pics to start hope you all enjoy this thread...:)

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is some pics of my cutting at different stages throughout its lifetime...

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1st!! :woohoo:

Good idea BENJI :tiphat:
Wish I still had my Overgrow pics of JH...
but,hey BENJI :
JH (f) x DC (m) pic courtesy of Bambú @ Cannabiscafe.net :D

P1050260web1.jpg

Last edited:

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2nd and Mels got 3rd seat
Cool bro cant wait to see this

Joeski

nice one brother like the rest im folding out a chair and awaiting this awesome grow. long live the jack herer!

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:lurk:
great bro will be watching :)

indeed a nice way to honor Jack
i making seeds of Autoflowering Jack Herrer for outdoor growers so they can taste a bit of Jack's legacy this year too.

R.I.P JH
peace

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great dedication grow to a great man. Long live Jack Herer through his contributions to bringing the incredible resource, hemp, back to the world; and this perfect strain of haze, nl, and skunk.

B

bocil

Its a nice thread ,I take hear a place Bro,congratulation Benji for the idea.:tiphat:

K

Karma Genetics

Seated, Jack Herrer is a wondefull strain. Let's hope for a wicked pheno in them bro.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
great job

great job

Hi BENJI,

i really like this idea for a thread. what better way to honor Jack, then by growing out the strain named in his honor.

i hope those seeds make some formidable JH examples for you and by proxy for us, to look at :)

all the best

:wave: