What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what the hell is wrong with these satori's?

river rat01

man im so tired of fucking problems.
i can grow ANY other plant/vegi and i never have any problems.

well fuck, heres the deal.
LCs #1 mix - plenty of lime.
LCs #1 food - blood, bone, kelp.
PH is 6.5- perfect.
lights- 1500w of T8's.

now it looks like a bit of a potasium def on the outer edges where the points of the leaves are.

but what are the burned areas?
it cant be overfert, its all organic.
if they got a little dry, would that cause these burns?

i'm at a loss here.

F

farmerred

Looks a lot like an issue I've seen with Satori. I wouldn't worry too much though, as it has such leafy buds that it could go nearly the whole way through flower without a single fan. Thought it was a cal/mag deficiency myself, but gnats ruined the gal and she went to slaughter before it was sorted out.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Hi RR01,

We can easily over fertilize with organics, but I also think these plants may have been over watered. Do you think this may be a possibility?

When transplanting small plants into large containers like this the key is to not wet out the entire container until the plant grows into it. I prefer to go into large containers like this instead of transplanting several times but it takes some practice to get it right.

The first watering is just a small doughnut shape marrying the old soil to the new no deeper than the old container. The second carries that doughnut further out with about double the amount of water. I would not be doing a "full watering" (h20 = 10%+/- of soil volume) before the 4-5 watering in containers that size. That's my nickle-ninety-five anyhow. -T

river rat01

its possible tom.

but i'm thinking overfert too.

everyone said that lc's mix would not burn, but satoris are suseptable to nute burn.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like nute burn / PH lockout problems

have you run this mixed soil before?

southpaw

Unfortunately, it is very possible to burn with organics. I've learned that the hard way myself.

Kelp and bone won't burn like that, but blood meal will.

Did you give the mix time to cook some, or plant straight into it?

river rat01

never used this mix before, and its been cooking for a couple of months.

PH is at 6.5, so it couldnt be lockout.

if it is nute burn that sucks, cause they were given a dose of fish and seaweed yesterday.
that may make it worse.

first of all 1500 watts worth of t8's....damn....secondly what are your temps staying at during night and day....could these guys possibly be getting to cold especially in the root zone??

keeper

did you plant directly into that mix ? Or did the seedlings go into "plain" LC's mix for the first two weeks ?

river rat01

temps are constant at around 85.

they were planted directly into the mix w the blood/bone/kelp.
everyone said that it wouldnt burn them and that direct planting would be ok - i guess not.

1500 watts - 48 tubes vertical

keeper

:yes: there you have it friend
Don't give up on the LC's mix, as it will grow you some BEAUTIFUL plants
i would go back to the organic section and re-read the first post where B1 explains it all
give yourself a refresher course
happy harvests to you

river rat01

yep, thats gotta be it.

do you think they will eventually be ok, or will they burn to death?

there is no way to flush out all that blood meal.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
nice lights! I was thinking about doing that. Seeing as how leafy your plants are it looks like it's working.

Is blood meal water soluble? Probably not much - if that's the case, nope, you can't flush it out. I'd take them out of those pots and put them into 16oz cups or any smaller container with a proper soil mix (or coir, or whatever you like).

V

vonforne

temps are constant at around 85.

they were planted directly into the mix w the blood/bone/kelp.
everyone said that it wouldnt burn them and that direct planting would be ok - i guess not.

1500 watts - 48 tubes vertical

My wife has some Mandela 1´s going and they were in just EWC and peat and then into the mix similar to LC´s andone took a hard burn but has recovered. They will be alright. Mandela strains seem to be sensitive.

A normal strain would do Ok. I have 4 other strains going and they are just fine.

V

southpaw

My wife has some Mandela 1´s going and they were in just EWC and peat and then into the mix similar to LC´s andone took a hard burn but has recovered. They will be alright. Mandela strains seem to be sensitive.

A normal strain would do Ok. I have 4 other strains going and they are just fine.

V

Very good point V, hadn't thought of that.

Mike has been adamant about the low fert requirements for most of their strains.

F

farmerred

My best guess is that your satori will adapt to the hot soil as it gets larger. The end product should still be tasty and resinous. It lacks in potency, but this is made up for by the unique uplifting buzz. I found it to be relatively short lasting and opted for a strain that gave a similar effect but lasted for several hours longer with increased potency.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Burn

Burn

That is def nute burn. They're pretty stunted too.

I have great results with the following soil mix:

30% John Innes #3
30% Multi Purpose Compost
30% Perlite
10% Grit (for sativa leaning strains...eg Satori)

Start in a general seedling compost (i.e. next to no nutrients) and watch for gradual paling of leaves...time to transplant to tubs filled with mix above...they would not need any other feed for at least the next 2-3 weeks of vegetative growth...maybe longer...then slowly increase the N with an organic feed...start half strength (I use BioBizz...says 2-5ml per litre... start with 1ml) and work up to medium...but no more!

Never trusted pre mixed 'wonder soils'...follow the above and I promise you'll have a GREAT healthy plant.

Good luck.

river rat01

farmerred, which strain did you switch to?

thanks guys you've helped alot.

mandala said they were light feeders, but damn!

master shake

That's similar to how my plants looked when using fox farm ocean forest w/ extra perlite. Not getting that again, happy frog never burned and stunted like that. I'll probably give the roots organics soil a try next, or make my own.

all the little ones are in ocean forest at probably 25+ days
picture.php

vs

same strains in happy frog at 15 days old
picture.php