What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for a Bud/macro recording camera

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey Guys,

i'm wondering if i could get some advise on buying a good macro camera, one that takes great macros without much effort :D

basically i want it for documenting buds at cups etc.

i have seen folks with quite small compact cameras that take absolutely amazing macros nice and sharp where you can really zoom in to those trichome landscapes.

i know the tech is changing fast and i really have not kept up with it, hence i'm hoping to be pointed in the direction of a good little camera thats not too expensive. i've seen some have 80 x optical zoom with double that of digital fine zoom, what ever that is lol.

pls provide some suggestions if you got any.

need to be able to take the macros quick and maybe not under ideal lighting some times.

peace out

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
My old OM2 had a 'tube extender' available in various lengths that fit between the lens and the mirror.
Depending on length of extender any lens became macro. I took a photo of just the date on a dime with a 55mm lens and a 25mm extender.
All the camera functions are still there but the focal length becomes 1" to 12" instead of 16" to infinity.

I do not know which manufacturers still offer such a product but it is a place to start.

Latest posts

Latest posts