What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Couple random questions.

LizardMan

First off, how many of you guys and gals wash your outdoor herb?

Second how many of you you strip leafs or the plant when it gets into flower, and at that how much?

Only asking since i've had several conversations lately with these topics and a wide range of answers....

I personally don't wash my plants off outside i feel the rains do a well enough job at that... And i strip enough fan leaves to get some better air flow and light into my plants. So the powdery mildew and bud rot doesn't set in during the wet fall where i live.

One person was saying stripping leafs off lowers yield, due to plant will canabilize the leafs as it needs for extra sugars and nutrients that are readily available. Not sure how much of a difference it would make the amount i take off.

Great outdoors

I would never wash my outdoor herb. I'm pretty old school but I've never even heard of the practice indoors, not that I keep up on that stuff.
I will say the difference between bud that finished with a couple weeks of sunny weather, compared to the same bud with one rainfall at the end is night and day. Loss of crystal, darkening and chances of mold are high.
If my plants are close to done, all calyxes have swelled but hairs are still predominantly white, I will chop it before the first rain. Like I said quality difference is night and day.
As for leaves I only remove them when they are ready to fall off.
One as you said the plant removes mobile nutrients as well as sugars as needed from the old leaves.
Second if you do not use scissors and cut the leaves mid stalk you can cause wounds leaving it succeptable to mold.

Great outdoors

Well I thought I would throw you a bone as a bit of a peace offering there lizardman.
But I guess you are not interested in the advice from someone who has been doing this 40yrs.
Duly noted.

LizardMan

GreatOutdoors, thank you for your time spent to type up what is your opinion to the questions i asked, I was simply trying to get more people to chime in and see the various opinions, but hasnt happened.

I have a solid understanding of what to do my self but asking these questions and getting others ideas helps when someone newer to growing takes their time, and searches these questions that there is an answer somewhere for them to go off of

Latest posts

Latest posts