What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Burnt rubber

PLAYn

The story of 4 lovely ladies and a dude.

Working in our downtown area one day, We was waiting for the owner of a business to let us in to do our work. we have city owned flower pots on the sidewalks so i thought I would see what the city had planted this year. Well low and behold( we are close to a head shop in our down town) I see 2 little baby weed plants. Well these had to be saved from certain death so I scooped a little dirt and the 2 babies with it and put them in my work truck. walking down farther was another pot, 2 more and a 3rd flower pot had 1. 4 lovely ladies came from these and 1 male.

Harvest time.
1 turned out to be very sativa with a citrusey smell. a second a very sweet smell, a third smells like cake, real cake and last but not least the last one smells like burnt rubber (early tasting results in a burnt rubber taste as well ).

So my question is since these are all mystery seeds what strains have a burnt rubber smell to them. It is indica dominate

madalasatori

Veteran
Star dog is one of the most popular amongst commercial growers on a global scale so it’s most likely to be that. First thing I thought was chemdog re burning rubber but that’s a Sativa dominant plant

PLAYn

Star dog is one of the most popular amongst commercial growers on a global scale so it’s most likely to be that. First thing I thought was chemdog re burning rubber but that’s a Sativa dominant plant

She did stretch, but buds are more indica, who knows who her daddy was....

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
She did stretch, but buds are more indica, who knows who her daddy was....

Check out Burnout Chem by Dominion Seed Company.

Duke Diamond is as legit as they come and breeds some real dank. It may not be the exact same but it is burnt rubber and asphalt.

Breeder Notes:

Morphology – Plants grow laterally and vertically equally during bloom making nice manageable bushes. They tend to double in size give or take. Stacking up nicely with fairly tight nodes with bio mass production early and gland production that slowly catches up. When mass production slows the glands frost out. Flowers smell like burnouts at the race track, hot burnt rubber with a touch of asphalt.
How Does It Smoke – Very thick smoke with good chem and ghani hash flavor. Strong hitting right to the forehead and behind the eyes. Flat out stoned red-eyed blistered feeling. Great if you don’t want to think too much.
Growing Notes – Shape large bushes and defoliate inward facing fan leaves prior to bloom along with the lower third. Feed a median feed throughout with a good PK boost in week 4/5/6. Supplement calcium weeks 1-4 and magnesium and sulfur weeks 5/6/7. This will get you the stankiest of stank and buds will fill in nice and proper.

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
i had a burnt rubber pheno, was more indica and smallish, not related to anything mentioned here strain wise
god i hated it, vile tasting but the smell was all right
effect seemed nasty strong

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chems and sours can get that burnt rubber thing. Its a dank nose for sure i love that.

rolandomota

Veteran
Cool man sometimes I wonder how all them plants would turn out that I have killed trying to grow them or that for whatever reason end up dead they start so small and look the same but they end up being so different or similar when finally smoked
It's probably seeds from the same person walking and planting their bagseed most likely or seeds they made and can spare
I have no idea what it may be but you can call it trojan o yeah burn baby burn

troutman

Seed Whore
Aunt of Farouk (aka Wild Pakistan) = Smell: From berries to burnt rubber. :tiphat:

Triple Pakistan is 50% Aunt of Farouk and sometimes I laugh loudly when I smoke some F2 buds
and leave my place to go shopping. When I come back and only notice then how much it stinks. :biggrin:

therevverend

Veteran
You can't nail a burnt rubber smell down to any one strain. It's a smell that comes up again and again in different varieties and combinations. There's an Afghan element involved most of the time but I've gotten the smell from plants that looked Columbian/Mexican/Indian. I'm curious which terpene or combination of terpenes gives off the smell.