What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st grow ever photo dump

xXkcgrowXx

first time grower, strain is Midnight( a pheno of gsc) x GSC. Plants are growing in 3 gallon fabric pots, filled with Mother Earth Groundswell watered with declorinated tap water g10 (from humbolts County own), killer tea (humbolts County own) and flower stacker (humbolt county secret). Light is a 300w cob LED. In a 3x3 tent.

3 plants in total all plants were topped multiple times, one plant got defoliated heavily, one got defoliated mildly, one got no defoilating,

Attachments

• 20200730_203314.jpg
    20200730_203314.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200724_223452.jpg
    20200724_223452.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200721_204057.jpg
    20200721_204057.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200712_204708.jpg
    20200712_204708.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200712_204621.jpg
    20200712_204621.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 35

xXkcgrowXx

Here is a side shot. The tallest one was the heavy defoliated one and the smallest is the no defoilating. The medium one imo has the smelliest/frostiest flowers between the 3

Attachments

• 20200705_202241.jpg
    20200705_202241.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 35
M

member 505892

Well done. You obviously learned some things before you dipped your toes. :)

xXkcgrowXx

Well done. You obviously learned some things before you dipped your toes. :)

Honestly its a downfall. I research and research, then I research some more, I read countless threads after threads and any information I can find from reputable websites. I probably had 50hrs into reading different reviews on the nutes and countless phone calls/ trips to the local hydro store where all my supplies were purchased. I do it with literally everything

M

member 505892

Honestly its a downfall. I research and research, then I research some more, I read countless threads after threads and any information I can find from reputable websites. I probably had 50hrs into reading different reviews on the nutes and countless phone calls/ trips to the local hydro store where all my supplies were purchased. I do it with literally everything

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

Vandenberg

Good work, well done

Good work, well done

[If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
Ain't that the truth.

P.S. Nice flowers you have there, nice job.

Vandenberg:)

therevverend

Veteran
After all these years my first grow is still one of my favorites and one of my best. I've never seen the likes of some of those plants again.

My only advice is to cut back on the topping. You're removing the most vigorous biggest yielding part of the plant multiple times. The plant recovers and you end up with more tops but it takes longer veg time for the plant to recover. I try to bend as opposed to top. You don't lose the top vigor but you let the lower stuff catch up. Not saying not to top, there's times when it's useful but with experience you'll know when to apply it. I've found the more I learn about my strains the less I have to top.

I'm curious what you learned from your defoliation experiment. Although it's hard to compare different plants because they have different needs.

xXkcgrowXx

My second run is currently going right now and I just topped for the first time. I think I'm gonna let that be the one and only top. As far as the defoilating went I felt like the most defoilated plant ended up being the tallest, where as the least defoilated one was the shortest, however all three plants were of the same genetics but I ended up with three different phenos. So that may have played a part of the height difference. All and all I learned a bunch and was very pleased with the end product. Its super frosty and will straight knock you on your ass. Smoke is a little harsh but still very pleased. Cured for about a month

After all these years my first grow is still one of my favorites and one of my best. I've never seen the likes of some of those plants again.

My only advice is to cut back on the topping. You're removing the most vigorous biggest yielding part of the plant multiple times. The plant recovers and you end up with more tops but it takes longer veg time for the plant to recover. I try to bend as opposed to top. You don't lose the top vigor but you let the lower stuff catch up. Not saying not to top, there's times when it's useful but with experience you'll know when to apply it. I've found the more I learn about my strains the less I have to top.

I'm curious what you learned from your defoliation experiment. Although it's hard to compare different plants because they have different needs.