What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2020 65gal smart pot backyard Scrog

deltronZER0

It does look like leaf hopper damage. I’ve been dealing with leaf hoppers too. I’ve been going beneficial pest route, deploying praying mantis, green lacewings, lady bugs and trichogramma wasps. I think lacewings and lady bugs are best for leaf hoppers

gorilla ganja

Beautiful plants. Looking forward to watching a strong finish.
Did I miss what you are growing? Approx what latitude are you at?

Peace GG

Bigbruce

Beautiful plants. Looking forward to watching a strong finish.
Did I miss what you are growing? Approx what latitude are you at?

Peace GG

The strains are:
- "Purple Kush" by crop kings
- "Pineapple Skunk" by humbult

and I don't know the latitude but from my vegetable gardening I know I'm a Zone 5B?

So its been just over a week, The plants loved the Gaia green veg 4.4.4 and have been growing non stop.

oF7LdyV.jpg

I have installed a soaker hose for each smart pot, roughly 12' per pot, with old hose running between the plants, hoping to get a more even watering come bloom when it needs it. I also hope it will help reduce the powdered mildew I ran into last year using a sprinkler wand at the soil.

ekWLptW.jpg

Since identifying the insects invading the plants I've been using diatomaceous earth to start getting rid of the pests, tonight I'll be spraying the pesticide/fungicide.

I have also added the second level of trellising to help support the plants, I found more support made for a cube like bush, which I want to try and reproduce again.

5hPSXqa.jpg

LrYe5au.jpg

LizardMan

Hey BigBruce looking nice man!

Couple questions,

-Whats the black looking paint on the stalks of the plant near the sticky traps?

-Did you have cucumbers or squash near your marijuana last year?

Reason asking about the veggies is I've noticed in my veggie garden over the years cucumber and squash and other broad leaf vine type veggies get powder mildew easily...

Bigbruce

Hey BigBruce looking nice man!

Couple questions,

-Whats the black looking paint on the stalks of the plant near the sticky traps?

-Did you have cucumbers or squash near your marijuana last year?

Reason asking about the veggies is I've noticed in my veggie garden over the years cucumber and squash and other broad leaf vine type veggies get powder mildew easily...

- its pruning spray “fake bark” during lst I lost 4 of the lower branches and I didn’t like that much exposed wood flesh.

- I did have plants growing with them, but the powdered mildew was strain specific and I think from the density of the inner leaves. The pineapple skunk is another dense plant and I know I’ll have issues if I don’t clean it out and spray it down

Since I am spraying for bugs, I added a anti fungal spray so I’m being proactive, I’ll hit them again in two weeks.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any idea what’s eating my plants?

I’ve set up sticky pads to show anything early not to prevent, plus I have ant traps at the base to prevent the ants from farming aphids this year, and I checked under the leaves and didn’t see a culprit. but of course every year is different and a new bug has arrived.

I have insecticide but want to make sure it will cover what’s eating my plants before I spray the area

Solid setup there! Plants look healthy and growing fat! Those are leaf miner insects, I have noticed they are really bad in the midwest this year! I'm not using any controls because they aren't bad enough the plants are stunted.

Thanks for sharing your methods and garden shots!

LizardMan

Pipeline not trying to get in a pissing match but leaf miner damage is more like an autistic race track looking damage, I could be wrong but leaf hopper damage is more like bingo dabber spots!

All in all what ever hes using as a pesticide will probably deal with both, cheers!!

Mr. J

You can't get anything here. It's a joke. If pyrethrins won't kill it then you're shit out of luck up here in the Great White North.

Maina

Veteran
The strains are:
- "Purple Kush" by crop kings
- "Pineapple Skunk" by humbult

and I don't know the latitude but from my vegetable gardening I know I'm a Zone 5B?

So its been just over a week, The plants loved the Gaia green veg 4.4.4 and have been growing non stop.

View Image

I have installed a soaker hose for each smart pot, roughly 12' per pot, with old hose running between the plants, hoping to get a more even watering come bloom when it needs it. I also hope it will help reduce the powdered mildew I ran into last year using a sprinkler wand at the soil.

View Image

Since identifying the insects invading the plants I've been using diatomaceous earth to start getting rid of the pests, tonight I'll be spraying the pesticide/fungicide.

I have also added the second level of trellising to help support the plants, I found more support made for a cube like bush, which I want to try and reproduce again.

View Image
View Image
How long is the feed at what pressure?

Bigbruce

How long is the feed at what pressure?

I started may and June off slowly with a 20kg bag of Gaia green worm castings per 65gal smartpots. Now they got 1L of Gaia green general fertilizer 4.4.4, in two weeks they will get 3 cups of the veg and a cup of their bloom booster 4.8.2 (I think). Come bloom I will add a compost tea with more bloom supporting additives to push the plant.

Here is the list of fertilizer products I'm using so far, which i will update as the season progresses, im not purely ansii organic i:

All Purpose

Worm Castings

Here are inks to the products i used in my spray:

Safer's End ALL Concentrate, 500-mL

Safer's Defender Fungicide Concentrate, 500-mL

and a week later here is the close up effects it had, nothing it cant return from.
imL2Zt7.jpg

Plus here is one of my favourite bonsai purple kush plants I’m growing. Now I see it.... I have to trim it again... but it’s something I love doing, sculpting the plants, plus tonight any branch that was high or overgrown got trimmed back
DN5J289.jpg

Bigbruce

BAM!
Qjlqhew.jpg

2ipTKko.jpg

Third level of trellis is up, now its just sitting back watching it fill in, Ive given them the last dose of top dressing, 3cups each, plus they seem to love the drip system and so do I, its so easy to water now

I will be spraying the plants one last time with the pesticide mix, mainly as a preventative, but i want to do it before august and buds. The plants survive but i find major stunting and mutation on young green leaves.

If they keep like this I'll need to take a week of in October. and i wont complain hahaha

I've also managed to take cuttings last month, I'll be saving afew for next year.
QdluJ8X.jpg

LizardMan

I love the 2 photos of the ladies one being on your july 23rd post and one month later on august 23rd, huge difference in size.... Great job, now just to to cross the finish line and get it into jars!!

Bigbruce

This year I’m going with turkey bags, not dealing with mason jars anymore except for some tops for early tasting

Latest posts

Latest posts