What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with micro clone cab setup

F2F

Hello all,

Never really kept cuts/mothers after I get my plants out to the OD patch before, but I want to change that. Some specific asks for advice below, but please throw at me whatever experience/advice that you feel is relevant. Would like to keep ~10-12 bonsai with minimum upkeep. Ideally almost in stasis.

Carbon Filter - I’ve done DIY successfully but thinking I’d go with a little 4” x 6” Phresh or similar. Are the high static pressure PC fans out there able to pull enough?

Fan - Here in the Mag, I’ve found the Silverstone and Noctua 120mm fans with adequate static pressure ratings. Any other recommendations here? Again, want to make sure I’m going to be able to pull through the smallest store bought scrubber available. Also, is an intake fan really a necessity?

Lighting - CFL vs LED vs T5. The T5’s seem the easiest way to go, but I’ve never played with LED’s or CFL’s.

Water - a Wicking setup? Maybe a tropf blumat set up with carrots either linked by daisy chain or keep all bonsai mothers in a shared container (think “trough”).

Again, idea is minimal upkeep. Bonsai Plants in stasis would be the pipe dream.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers
F2F

Latest posts

Latest posts