What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EARTH DAY 4/22

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Earth Day is an annual event celebrated around the world on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First celebrated in 1970, it now includes events coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network in more than 193 countries.

My first Earth Day...a group of us sophomores were picking up trash in an abandoned lot, full of weeds, trash. Found an unendorsed tithe check ($30.00) at the time and returned to a nearby church. They were happy we found it!!

Since then, it's tradition, kids, neighbors myself with a trash bag to pick up litter. Each bag is one less sore looking area. Now I divide recyclables into one bag, trash (picking up with implement) in another. I stop at picking up needles or ciggy butts.

How are you celebrating Earth Day??

Feel the 'need' to get out with the STAY@HOME order....the blues are lilting in, even though busy with grow projects. I think our state is extending the STAY@HOME order by another 2 weeks with continuing climb of COVID positives and deaths. Sigh.

So, maybe I'll find a $20 bill blowing in the wind!! ;o)

knucklehead bob

Veteran
For some people , specifically us guys over here , me , my self & I . Picking up trash from scum of the Earth that leave it where I have to dispose of it , is daily activity . Don't need a "SPECIAL DAY"

I live here 24/7/365 & I have a couple more good years left , I think . . . . .

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts