What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tyrone's Arboretum and Cannabinoid Oasis

TyroneShoelace

MH#1 got the chop on 3/8 after 98 days in the flower room. Still had a lot of new pistils, but it was time. I will do her more justice next run. But this is going to be some really good herb. I ended up with just over 20g, 12 of which came from the two largest tops. It was really easy to manicure. She's been in a quart jar for about a week and the smell is starting to ramp up. Still a mix of mangoes and pineapples, but it's getting more spicy incense in the background. I'll take a taster after a month.

MH#2 Has been in a jar for a month now and it now has a really powerful spicy aroma. Spice, herbs, and incense. The high puts a smile on my face every single time. I love sharing it with people and have had rave reviews so far.

AC/DC has been jarred for about 2 weeks now and is taking on a mentholated black cherry aroma. I was really hoping for the blueberry smell and flavor of it's sister, but this is interesting.

BCM1s are maturing in the veg room. My coco clones died, unfortunately so i have to wait to throw them in flower. Need to work on my technique. Sponges are so easy, but in my experience they cause too many root issues later in life as they trap too much water. The plants are really expressing themselves as they mature, though. Very rich dank aromas. I have one confirmed female at this point. Looking forward to getting some new clones taken so I can start moving them into flower.

Kwazulu is now on day 65 and has a really unique aroma. Spicy anise and a world of other sharp scents. She's lightly seeded with Flo pollen. I'm having fun with those males (twss). The Kwazulu is the last plant i have with perlite mixed in with the coco. The perlite has sped up the drying of the medium and created some EC and PH spikes as a result. But it's surviving. I'll probably start the final "flush" soon.

The new plants in the flower room are 100% coco and are doing much better, though they do appear to need some Mg. I'm adding 1/2 tsp Mg sulfate/gal currently. Hope it helps.

I will post up the new plants soon. Very excited for them.

Last edited:

TyroneShoelace

The new flowering crew (and one geezer)

The new flowering crew (and one geezer)

The next round is moving...

At the bottom left we have the Kwazulu at 66F. Moving clockwise we have Medi Haze 2, a little Sisters F2 in a 2" cup, Medi Haze 1, and Sour Diesel.

The Medi Hazes are the yang to the Mango Haze's yin. The Medis pull together Super Silver Haze with Nevil's Haze and then cross that powerhouse with a CBD rich strain.

The Sisters F2 is from Mellow Moose Farms. It's a reliably legal hemp strain that has some nice aromas and a strong therapeutic effect. With most hemp strains it's great with anxiety, muscle pain, and brings significant mental clarity.

The Sour D is from Reserva Privada. I bought it because I wanted some sour and I had no access to the ECSD, or to Karma's BX. I've heard it's pretty generic until the last 2 weeks when it really shines. Hope it lives up to the hype.

The Kwazulu is now on a reduced-fat diet and starting to fade.

TyroneShoelace

Back in the saddle again

Back in the saddle again

Recent events caused me to have to be away from the plants for an extended period of time and I had to make some difficult choices. One was to fast-track the automatic irrigation for a select few plants. It was tough to play favorites, but returning after many weeks to see them happy and healthy was a great relief after such a long time.

I switched back to my old standby cloning technique, the micro DWC. I don't know why I ever used any other method.

Got a small bush of CBD Mango Haze #1 on day 6F. She's growing like a weed.

The last round left a lot to be desired. The finished product had a nice mango/pineapple taste with an incense undertone. But it was muted due to my growing mistakes. She made some really tasty rosin, though. Hopefully this round will get closer to her potential.

TyroneShoelace

Secret OG

Secret OG

Will change things up a bit with a seedling. This is a Secret OG bagseed. Secret OG came from a company called Secret Nature, which has a presence online selling very high quality and very expensive hemp. I was slightly disappointed that a 30$ 8th of hemp had 10 seeds in it, but after putting that herb in the vape I was no longer disappointed. This is a fun one to fire up a girthy fatty and give your THC smoking friends false hope. A nice piney flavor that sticks, and a solid effect with a decent bit of THCa coming through. It was quite enjoyable and I'm hoping to reap much greater rewards with its offspring.

This is the most indica looking seedling I've sprouted yet. Looks like a damn maple tree. I just stuck a dripper in the pot and she's getting fed 3x per day. Already doubled in size in the past 2 days as a result. Looking forward to this one. Already sporting a nice dank piney stem rub.

TyroneShoelace

CBD Secret OG is growing well. She's been crammed in the corner of the veg room. She wants to spread laterally, but there's a tent wall in 2 directions, so she's a bit twisty. But she's growing well in her 6oz cup.

CBD Mango Haze #1 is now on day 12 of flower and pushing out a couple pistils now. She's soaking up some full spectrum photons for the first time.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Looking excellent in here.

Where did your Kwazulu come from/by which breeder? I've got something labeled Kwazulu in my stash but I don't know for sure if it's anything...

TyroneShoelace

Looking excellent in here.

Where did your Kwazulu come from/by which breeder? I've got something labeled Kwazulu in my stash but I don't know for sure if it's anything...

Hey, bsgospel!

That Kwazulu is from World of Seeds. I got it as a freebie from a Seedsman order. Kwazulu-Natal is a South African province whose most populous city is none other than Durban. I've never had the infamous Durban poision, but I have read that it is a pure sativa with a spicy anise scent/flavor profile. This Kwazulu is supposedly a pure landrace sativa and it absolutely had a similar flavor/smell. I had to chop it early for reasons outside my control, but she's still around. I have read that people had a lot of complaints about herms with these seeds, but I never saw any male parts.

I didn't do her justice, so I can't really comment on the smoke. My friend said it knocked him the fuck out. Very speedy at first and then a narcotic finish. I think plant health, harvest timing, and the formation of seeds played a big part in that outcome. Round 2 will hopefully bring out more of her potential of a speedy, electric, motivational, possibly paranoia inducing buzz.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Yeah the WOS was the only other real record I found on it. I've always been curious if it was real Kwazulu. I got it in a trade from some cat many years ago.

Yours looks good. Some really good coloration and stacking there. If I ever pop this seed, we can compare. (On the other hand, if he gave me some bunko nonsense, I'll be pissed, but share nonetheless.)

TyroneShoelace

Yeah the WOS was the only other real record I found on it. I've always been curious if it was real Kwazulu. I got it in a trade from some cat many years ago.

Yours looks good. Some really good coloration and stacking there. If I ever pop this seed, we can compare. (On the other hand, if he gave me some bunko nonsense, I'll be pissed, but share nonetheless.)

Seems like it has a lot of potential. Its unique for sure. A great combination of exotic sativa genetics while maturing quite quickly. I flower on 11/13, so that might have helped some. Quite a decent yielder as well. I pulled nearly an ounce (22g of buds and 5g of larf) out of a 3" square nursery pot. If I had her on a dripper she would have hit an ounce of buds at least.

I couldn't find much good info online when I was researching either. Just a couple growers who had timer malfunctions or lights fall and break half the plant. Their plants hermed and they angrily blamed the genetics and the breeder. I'll definitely give her another run in a few months. Once I have room.

I'd love to see your results. Give me a shout if you decide to pop em.

TyroneShoelace

Cbd Mango Haze #1 is now into its third week of flower. Slow to get going so far, but now beginning to set. She's getting a steady diet of GH M+B 6/9 with a myco root booster and drip clean in the res. Drippers come on every 4 hours. I might need a new EC meter because it keeps reading a total of 0.7 after everything has been mixed. But it ain't broke so far...

CBD Secret OG is moving along

TyroneShoelace

CBD Mango Haze #1 22F

CBD Mango Haze #1 22F

And a new friend.... CO Cherry #4 x Cobbler on day 1F. This went straight from the cloner into the flower room and then pruned of lower nodes. She will stay in her 6oz styrofoam cup for the duration of flowering. Little tester to see what the line may have to offer. So far I am not a fan of the mom's structure or the stem rub. Suuuper lanky, weak stems, long internodes and a somewhat woody herbal aroma. Still, I will reserve judgement until I smoke her.

TyroneShoelace

CBD Mango Haze 30F

CBD Mango Haze 30F

I'm seeing some curling at the tips of the younger leaves. Is this the plant telling me it's time to dial back the N now that we are well into flower?

I am using GH Flora M/B 6/9 as my base, but if I reduce the micro, I am going to lose more than just N. Can anyone suggest a good course of action here?

TyroneShoelace

I'm seeing some curling at the tips of the younger leaves. Is this the plant telling me it's time to dial back the N now that we are well into flower?

I am using GH Flora M/B 6/9 as my base, but if I reduce the micro, I am going to lose more than just N. Can anyone suggest a good course of action here?

I think I figured (part of) it out. My EC meter has either crapped out or needs to be calibrated. It was reading 0.6 when it was actually at 1.5. Hope I will see some improvements in the coming days.

TyroneShoelace

Issue is getting worse. Any thoughts?

Issue is getting worse. Any thoughts?

Initially I thought it was getting burned because the dripper wasn't pumping enough and the coco got a little dry for a few days. But it didn't improve once I upped the duration of the pump. Despite the coco being wet ever since, the problem is still getting worse.

So, today I dumped the whole res and remixed:

7 gal of water
24ml micro
60ml bloom
6ml florakleen.

Hanna meter 550PPM
PH is 6.0.

I ran this mix through the coco until there was about a half gallon of runoff and the ppms had dropped from 750 to 550

The tops, new leaves are dark and have the claw. I lowered the micro in the above mix because of this.

The bottom. Leaves are curling and looking a sickly green color. They eventually dry up and fall off.

Anyone know what is going on? I am hoping that the above adjustments will help, but if anyone might be able to save me some trial & error it would be appreciated.

TyroneShoelace

CBD Mango Haze 40F

CBD Mango Haze 40F

Well she's filling out. Long buds. And it looks like even the popcorn is going to yield pretty well.

I screwed up by adding Florakleen part way through the grow. Should have either used it from the start, or not at all. Lesson learned. I flushed with a gallon of 1/8 strength nutes and refilled the res with 400ppm mix of an approx 2/3 ratio of Micro/Bloom. I will be dropping Micro at the next res change.

The claw seems to have either stalled or subsided. New leaves aren't as fully curled. They're pretty flat with only the tips clawing now. I guess that's progress. MG def on top of that. So I have 1.5tsp epsom in the res as well.

I will just be thankful to make it to harvest so I can try again. I learned a lot this round thanks to Bush Dr. :cool:

TyroneShoelace

Positive News

Positive News

She's not getting any worse! The claw is releasing its grasp. Will keep an eye on the MG. I can't tell if that is slowing yet.

I love the resin at this stage. Very strong sour artificial grape candy with a tropical pineapple mango twist.

A flower. Can you see the haze in there?
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts