What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tyrone's Arboretum and Cannabinoid Oasis

TyroneShoelace

Salutations :tiphat:

The Oasis is where I'm patiently searching through seeds for winners. Variety is the spice of life, so I'm working through very different chemotypes looking for magic. Unique terpene profiles, novel cannabinoid ratios, and clear-headed therapeutic effects.

Flowering in a 2'x2'x4' tent using approx. 250 actual watts of blurple LED. Currently flowering in 3" nursery pots using 100% coir as the medium. Hand watering daily, though that's gotta stop soon. I have let the pots dry out too many times and the plants do not enjoy that. Automation is coming along with larger pots. Food is GH Flora 6/9 with 1ml/gal of True Root Boost.

I plan to use this as a place to log my observations and hopefully gain knowledge from people who know more than I do.

Here are a few varieties that have moved through the tent recently:

AC/DC. Took on a strong strawberry aroma late in flower. Cured to a ripe blueberry smell and flavor. This is a pretty consistent type III, though I can anecdotally say there's more THC than 0.3%.

Special Sauce was very spicy with a slight honeydew melon aroma. This one was supposed to be type III, but got me pretty blasted when I took a taster bud at day 53. Feels like there's way more THC than CBD. Not really a fan of anything about either of these plants.

There's plenty more to come...

TyroneShoelace

CBD Mango Haze at 63F. This one is MH2. Spicy and woody with a light fruitiness. It's lightly seeded with pollen from a freaky variegated Flo.

CBDMH2 Tester cut at day 70. It's lovely. It's recently stabilized at 64%rh and is fantastic in the vape. Flavor has not begun to develop yet, but the high is so warm and happy. Great for being productive or lazy. It lets you lead your life and then supports you subtly. I aim to cut the rest of the plant on day 77, but will make the call when the time is right.

Flo Male reeks of incense, cedar, red wine, and stinky socks. He's been getting busy with two different CBDMH phenos and an AC/DC.

Last edited:

TyroneShoelace

AC/DC at 70 days. That isn't really the best measurement of its ripeness, though. It took close to a month for this to show sex after being put in 13/11. Next run should go more smoothly, I hope. This is a sister to the plant that I posted earlier. That one is no longer with us, sadly. It was an auto.

This one, is a normie. And she's making some babies that I am looking forward to testing in the near future. I missed out on an auction of Rosaberry last year and decided I was going to make my own. But I'm more interested in Flo than the BB, so here we are. Will follow up more on that later in 2020.

Kwazulu at Day 28. Starting to get some resin and emit a spicy funk. This one is all type I and will probably be too speedy for me. But I'll have to suck it up and take the ride... for science.

That's where we're at.

Coming Soon:

Two CBD Mango Haze's are finishing in the next month. They're looking and smelling delicious. I will post up the CBDMH1 when it gets closer to harvest. It's a special one, I can already tell. The nose knows...

TyroneShoelace

CBD Mango Haze #1 at 73 days. Looking a bit worse for the wear, but holy hell she smells amazing. No weed smells here, just candied mangoes and pineapples. It's the only thing you can smell when the tent is open. This herb is going to be delicious. Hopefully I'll get her dialed in better next round.

This one is going to go at least 12 weeks.

She's also pregnant with Flo babies. :)

Last edited:

TyroneShoelace

CBD Mango Haze #2 77F

CBD Mango Haze #2 77F

She's been flushed with a very weak nute solution for about 10 days now. Calyxes have slowed their swelling. No new pistils forming. The few seeds on it are ripe. Trichs are all over the map, though. Some fully amber. Some cloudy. Some clear.

I will give her the chop first thing in the morning. 11 full weeks of flowering. She will cure for at least a month before I crack the jar open for a taste.

TyroneShoelace

Hey Swanson! Welcome! "Breeding" is generous. I'd say this is closer to "experimenting". But I certainly look forward to the testing portion.

Have you set any goals for your CBD journey? What CBD lines would you use?

CBD has such a great balancing effect on THC. I've enjoyed mixing type I and type III strains at different ratios to see how they work together when vaped. This CBDMH is the first 1:1 I've had the pleasure of ingesting, but so far it's far superior to any of my mixes.

I have a few other Type IIs in the arsenal that I'll be running soon and sharing my observations. Some lean a bit more CBD heavy, closer to 2:1:

Medi Haze which should provide a nice spicy contrast against the fruity Mango Haze.
Chem Beyond Diesel which I've heard is quite tasty.
Deadlights I know little about, but AC/DC is a great parent for crosses so I'm optimistic.
Candy Cleaner has the same pennywise dad as Deadlights, but crossed to Jacks Cleaner.

... and some other crosses that I can't think of at the moment.

CBDMH2 got the chop this morning and she's hanging. It's fairly dry where I live, so she will be ready for a trim and process in about 4-5 days. Might take a few more til she's stabilized and ready for jars. The tester turned out to be way more dense than I expected. I'm guessing I'll end up with 10-14 grams dry. Will post some pictures once it's ready to jar.

Swanson

I am thinking of using dinafems critical mass CBD for a base. Would mix it with the strains have now. The end goal I'd like to get at would be a tasty heavy indica strain with fairly high THC ratio of 7:1 or so. I like vaping CBD bud at bedtime. Most of what I can find to buy is 1:1 or 2:1. That much CBD for me seems to dull the cannabis experience too much and tastes odd. Need to find the happy medium :chin:

TyroneShoelace

I am thinking of using dinafems critical mass CBD for a base. Would mix it with the strains have now. The end goal I'd like to get at would be a tasty heavy indica strain with fairly high THC ratio of 7:1 or so. I like vaping CBD bud at bedtime. Most of what I can find to buy is 1:1 or 2:1. That much CBD for me seems to dull the cannabis experience too much and tastes odd. Need to find the happy medium :chin:
Interesting that you like CBD at night. I find it works the opposite for me. It's almost like a cup of coffee but with extra clarity. I find THC to do the same in microdoses, but in a regular sized dose I quickly get anxious (with little to no CBD) and tired.

The flavors of today's high CBD strains sure do need improvement. I smoked pure hemp for a couple years and loved the subtle effect, but the flavors were god awful. Once I found a couple bag seeds and started growing my own it significantly improved, but there's a long way to go to breed in some real magic to the flavor profile. Luckily there are a lot of people working hard on that. For now I stick with rosin and bho. Seems like flavors improve significantly when everything becomes concentrated.

My AC/DC #1 has a really nice aroma and flavor when I flower it long and flush it well. I think it will be a great candidate to cross with DJ's lines.

My CBD Mango Haze #1 is an absolute terp bomb. I can't stop smelling my fingers after rubbing the bottom of a bud. Mango/Pineapple candy. I would eat a raw bud if it tasted half as good as it smelled. Best smelling plant in my garden by far. Definitely the exception to the rule in the CBD flavor department.

I'm also looking for a way to get the ECSD flavor into some high CBD lines. The Chem Beyond Diesel looks like a promising start, but seems to have a very overpowering chemmy funk. I'd like to get back to the candy lemony diesel area, with some CBD to balance the raciness of the high.

I think you'll find it much easier to start with a 1:1 strain and work back into the THC side. It will be easy to retain and even add delicious terps. But I bet it will be difficult to find consistency in the ratios initially. I'm following your threads to see how it goes. Are you going for general bioassay for testing, or are you going to use a lab, or other means of testing?

TyroneShoelace

Welcome q3corn! Thanks for stopping by.:tiphat:

CBD Mango Haze #2 dried very quickly. I need to find a way to handle the low humidity without increasing temps. MH2 has been moved to a jar. Once I'm confident that the humidity won't spike overnight I'll go ahead with the final trim. For now she's looking shaggy.

I put a tiny bud in the vape and the exhale reminds me of when you're eating a watermelon and you get to that space between the red and the rind. Can't wait to see how she ends up after some time in the jar. At this point the high is a real creeper. Slow and steady ramp into the clouds. Very fluffy.

TyroneShoelace

CBD Mango Haze #2 77F Dry & Lightly Trimmed

CBD Mango Haze #2 77F Dry & Lightly Trimmed

At 50%RH right now. I tossed in an integra boost pack to help a bit.

This was the main top and came in at 7g. Ended up with 13g total including popcorn buds.

Still vaping through the 68F tester bud. It's either very potent, or I'm a lightweight. (Why not both?:dunno:) Even with all the CBD it's still got a serious energetic edge to it.

TyroneShoelace

AC/DC #3 at day 81. I'm really happy at how this one is turning out. The aroma is identical to it's autoflowering sister that I had earlier. Late flowering really brings out a strong undifferentiated berry, and the cure turns it towards a ripe blueberry. Really solid terp profile for a <1%THC plant. I'm watching this one closely. Haven't seen much of a calyx swell yet.

CBD Mango Haze #1 at day 81. Still looking rough, but her stank is incredible. Her sister (CBDMH2) got chopped about a week or two early. I'm not making that mistake here. Even if she goes over 100 days.

TyroneShoelace

Thanks, Swanson!

The MH #2 is curing along and adding some stank each day. I managed to recover the RH and she's sitting at 61%. She's really spicy. I can't really compare the smell to anything, but it has a weird effect. When I stick my nose in the jar and take a deep whiff I end up with a strange sensation not unlike being punched in the nose and having it leak blood. There's a metallic effervescence that sticks around for a while. It's not a super pleasant experience, but the aroma is evolving into something nice, so i'll wait patiently.

The high is awesome, though. I've been picking tiny bowls off of the 68F tester bud. The buzz ramps up over an hour. It builds and builds into a very electric buzz. Lots of energy in this one and it leaves a shit eating grin on your face. Very similar to the onset of a mushroom trip, but without the waves. It's pretty constant. Similar color distortions and movement around your peripheral vision.

I'm a huge fan. Hoping MH #1 delivers something similar in experience. We are approaching day 88 and she's still going. Definitely doing to go 100+.

AC/DC is fading quickly and bringing on a light purple hue on her calyxes. Red and yellow coming through the fans. She will come down on sunday.

Kwazulu is on day 43 now and is starting to develop the infamous licorice/anise spiciness that the Durban is famous for. :dance013: