What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pritzger unveils cannabis legalization bill

LouDog420

The new medical bill is a nice addition to the list of allowable conditions (chronic pain, osteoarthritis, migraines). It adds more social equity shit, but that can be forgiven as there are only 5 med licenses still up for grabs.

But guess what?!?! It also makes extraction using any volatile gas including butane a Class 2 Felony. Also, simple possession of equipment that could be used for extraction is also a Class 2 Felony.

You can throw up silly hash tags to belittle very valid arguments, but let's take it point by point instead and you can tell us how we're wrong and this isn't a blatant cash grab.

Illinois has no real urge to stop prosecuting cannabis users, and it's especially valid for the types of cannabis users that frequent IC. This is also about community safety (our community here). The state wants to lock users up for small overages and continue to create felons, while green lighting a multi billion dollar market for a select few. We don't need to sugar coat things here, mainstream media and the lawmakers do enough of that for us...

Green Thumb

Arguments are quite valid, not patting the bill makers backs...just wanted to share the law changes that occurred in the state of Illinois and I truly appreciate the conversation about it. Obviously the people posting here do keep up with this stuff but there was not place to discuss. I applaud the passion, but still appreciate that there is change happening. No attempts to sugar coat or represent this as a hand out, I get your frustrations, but if people want to say fuck the bill please direct this to the law makers and law enforcement.

This is totally a cash grab. The bill is an attempt to pigeon hole the market to maximize taxation and control production while favoring the questionable current producers. Hell no does this bill reach the extent that I feel is justified...but it's change, it's pulling the hood back from many peoples eyes that have been caught up in reefer madness and will likely/hopefully bring more people over that side with complete decriminalization.

I don't think this stuff will resolve in our lifetimes. Small possession criminal history is still going to be expunged and I can posses 30 grams of weed legally, this does affect my lifetime. And...drum beat........growing your own is still an option.

Last edited: