What's new

What's Up?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Weed wars is an ok show, that one former dispensary owner is kind of douchey but every one else seems like theyre just trying to get by.
The grower on that show got his ccw revoked because he was pulled over by a cop while delivering weed (i think). So he made a big deal of getting rid of his guns, saying he no longer could protect himself, although not having a ccw means you can't carry a gun on you outside your property, you can still have guns at your property. But whatever, you have to play it up for the cameras i guess.

The firearm enhancement 'stacking' came into play with an mj dealer in Utah, who got a 50+ year sentence (basically a life sentence), but almost all of those years were for the gun enhancement, he sold mj 3x and each time he had a gun on him, didn't show it or anything, but still got tagged 5 yrs for the first one and 25 for each additional. And this was his first drug conviction as well. Supposedly the judge who sentenced him said this was grossly unfair but he had no choice.

So, something to consider. I wonder if tasers count as firearms under federal law...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
MMJ bill hasnt been signed yet, but supposedly if the gov doesnt sign it within 2 months it'll pass automatically. So maybe just wait it out...

RedBeardy5

Illinois is one of the worst states to live in regarding politics, its really a joke and it would be nice to clean house. I hope it passes but Illinois has a very long way to go.

dutch69lover

I half way hope the governor doesn't sign it. IT is way too restrictive and doesn't allow patients or caregivers to grow their own. I feel patients have a right to grow their own that way they know whats in it!! Only one grower per state police district, WTF... plus you have to have Ag department approval and state police approval of security and all.....sounds like only big ag businesses like say MONSANTO will be the only ones to afford all of this red tape. I know that outside of Jerseyville Il there is a Monsanto greenhouse setup that is empty and I bet they have a bid on it now. Plus the cops probably plan on selling what they confiscate from bust anyways...........no this bill needs lots more work......tired of this broke ass state tying to rip money from patients instead of helping to give patients the freedom to grow!!

floralheart

Veteran
Its not like at a grocery store they label what chemicals have been used on the fruits and vegetables i buy; heck, even the ones labeled organic may been been sprayed with some gnarly chemicals at some point.

It's starting to be in some med state. Lab testing is the new in thing for dispensary compliance.

floralheart

Veteran
In addition to "locked and enclosed", hence greenhouses (enclosed). Such automatically changes budget, and, area known for summers with extremely high humidity some years. (GH professionals will begin to address ventilation, cooling, and, every sentence pushing a budget further, when open would overcome many issues to begin with, even if only the ability to have raised sides, especially in situations with immense open space on all sides of property.

(There have been times when I have sat, and surveyed sites. Just sat.......and watched......the airflow.....the leaves of each and every plant top to bottom....for hours...:smoke: Sites with expansive open space typically have wind(s) which push right through from top to bottom.....sometimes for hours on end :smoke:...(the entire garden, every plant, top to bottom)...No one can tell me there is enclosed ventilation that can provide that....

I'd prefer an out myself for many reasons.....we'll see.

Short and sweet: I just worked on something here everything was in line, everything seemingly fine, but, long story short, complaints from nearby led to a discussion in which "I think it's just seeping through the walls" (concrete) was the comment/analysis :biglaugh: (I could see no other explanation actually....was sealed, enclosed, filtered.....logic would state filtering wasn't of course adequate, but inside certainly seemed such. Outside?.....nnnnnnah.....(For drying only....pre cut was fine)

I think the issue(s) with a larger outdoor commercial, is, as previous, not only processing space, but, again, dry, cure and storage. Drying racks/space for 1,000-2,000 units? :smoke:....storage for the same? (longer term), all falling within security guidelines?. No, this calls for more than a simple metal outbuilding....(But, again, carries various creative (but approved) options.

I had several conversations with various investors and groups this week which basically addressed the number of hours to be spent in future on phone addressing operational and compliance issues with appropriate authority(ies) :smoke:

Strain dependent also, as always...

I would hide that up my ass and hold my breathe until the feds came.

kudos to those who try and succede. I appreciate your work.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought tomorrow was Friday! :biglaugh:....

Yes. He is tomorrow. Correct.

:smoke:.......(I'm..........pleased....:smoke:......)

Just read the bill before ya try to sign up, is all I gotta say, make an informed decision!

I've thought about it a bit, and I figure a lot of patients probably won't be using their full 2.5 oz/2 weeks... I can see a extract / teaching to make your own could be worthwhile, since they took out the growing game...

I come to you, and turn your overages into all different kinds of the finest concentrates, @ $25/hr along with the lesson and a few printouts describing the teks

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
And you'll be bringing your portable tamisium to these lessons....?
You'd save a lot on butane costs if you could recollect most of the solvent.

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay....here we go. (Per Illinois Department of Agriculture this morning, feel safe saying applies to all other departments, IDFPR for dispensaries, and DPH for patients.) Would have got it up sooner, but was reviewing all day with clients, investors, potential license applicants.

Actually, there very well may be a possibility DPH is on it sooner, but, looks like proper timeline for the licensing and process.

MEDICAL MARIJUANA ACT
The Medical Marijuana Act has been signed by the Governor but it does not go into effect until January 1, 2014. The Department of Agriculture is charged with licensing and regulating the 22 cultivation centers allowed in the law. The Department has 120 days from the effective date (January 1) to write the rules and criteria that will apply to these facilities. At that time (approximately May 1, 2014) these rules will be filed with the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR) for review and public comment. The JCAR review and approval process will then follow state law, including public comment and input, and typically will take 3 or 4 months. Realistically the Department will not be accepting applications for a cultivation center license until the fall of 2014. Further information on the legislation, HB1, including the full text can be found on the Illinois General Assembly website (ilga.gov). Also at this site is a link to the Joint committee on Administrative Rules which explains their role and procedures.

RedBeardy5

There is a dispensary opening up in wicker park already called good intentions. Do you know anything about that. Im in the process of moving to Denver but if I could get a job here that would be a dream.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
So, I will set a reminder 12-14 months from now when the state starts accepting applications for dispensaries and cultivation centers.
Should go quickly.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RedBeardy5 said:
There is a dispensary opening up in wicker park already called good intentions. Do you know anything about that. Im in the process of moving to Denver but if I could get a job here that would be a dream.
That is incorrect. (Dispensary, not location) Ashland and North Ave I believe give or take. Forget the WP/LP boundary streets, etc.

Wicker Park -
According to this report published by Crain's Chicago Business today Good Intentions should be open next week:

Although the law doesn't take effect until Jan. 1, Ms. Jacobi said her clinic does not have to wait for regulations to be issued by the state because it won't dispense or cultivate marijuana or be associated with that end of the business.

"That's not what we do," she said. "We're the first step before anyone gets a card" allowing them to buy up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana every 14 days if they are diagnosed with one of several diseases specified in the bill.

IL licensure (for employment) dictates thus far background check and prints submitted (to ISP, similar to blue cards, FOID's), so, aside from issues arising from that, I would assume anyone is game for employment, but, that is another matter.

Bababooey said:
So, I will set a reminder 12-14 months from now when the state starts accepting applications for dispensaries and cultivation centers.
Should go quickly.

That would depend upon your intentions. The target which will be important now, at this point is May 4-Sept 4, 2014, as that time frame will contain the further revisions dictating the actual implementation. I know I have pointed out, and presented valid arguments for a residency requirement for cultivation facility and dispensary licensure.

Latest posts

Latest posts