What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
:bow::bow:ur scrog is looking super dooper. I so wish I could have this many micro cabinets. then Id never runn out of my fresh herbs. :D

1cb.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks #1cheesebuds and hazydreams

The scrog has come down!

Sweet Widow Lavender

Day 58 Flower

picture.php

Here's all the plant parts after the scrog was chopped and trimmed

picture.php

and some various bud shots

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll post the final yield once the buds are dry.

jiffgins

great grows here blynx, been lurking your grows around here for quite some time. i can safely say you have motivated me to build a little cfl scrog cab and give this growing a shot. keep it up.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's cool Jiffgin, glad to hear you're going to give growing a shot.

My motivation for this thread isn't to show insane yields, it's to show that anyone should be able to grow great bud in a small space with CFLs.

-=-=-

Since the Sweet Widow Lavender scrog is done, I decided to start another.

Remember this C99 BX1?

Here she is after two and a half weeks of recovery

I had another C99 BX1 about the same size (she's on the left) and will use both in the scrog

I transplanted them, got them in the cab and started their training

C99 BX1

Day 00 Veg

picture.php

I'm using a larger sized goldfish box than I usually do. These boxes aren't watertight so I used contractor bags to line the them and then taped the bag edges to the box.

Here's a shot showing size difference between two types of goldfish boxes

:joint:

Seismic

Glad to see that the c99bx1 recovered Blynx. Lol, I love how you use goldfish boxes. I swear, every time I look at your thread I get a craving for some goldfish. Take care dude.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys.

Here's the 1sq ft cab at the end of week 9

1 sqft CFL Cab
picture.php

picture.php

One more week to go! :dance013:

Strangely

I think there's one piece of vitally important info you've neglected to detail for us...

What's 'Goldfish'?! :)

You're scrog harvest looks mouth watering Blynx!!

I think there's one piece of vitally important info you've neglected to detail for us...

What's 'Goldfish'?! :)
Some of the best stoner food ever. So addictive and deliciously saltycheesycrunchy. They are best after a few bong hits, though I often end up in a situation where I'm alternating between grabbing and munching enormous handfuls of the things. I suppose it's better than doing the same with swiss cake rolls, or gummi bears, though. mmmmm... gummi bears...

Ok! What was I talking about? Oh yeah,

Goldfish

Blynx is using the cartons for his containers. Very creative use of something that would otherwise end up in a land fill.

Nice work as always, Blynx. Do you ever defoliate during veg or early flower? Any opinions on the proess?

jiffgins

Some of the best stoner food ever. So addictive and deliciously saltycheesycrunchy. They are best after a few bong hits, though I often end up in a situation where I'm alternating between grabbing and munching enormous handfuls of the things. I suppose it's better than doing the same with swiss cake rolls, or gummi bears, though. mmmmm... gummi bears...

Ok! What was I talking about? Oh yeah,

Goldfish

Blynx is using the cartons for his containers. Very creative use of something that would otherwise end up in a land fill.

Nice work as always, Blynx. Do you ever defoliate during veg or early flower? Any opinions on the proess?
confidential, in one of the previous pages blynx says:

"Not really. I don't like pulling leaves off plants until they are dead or so yellow and wilted they literally fall off. I do tuck leaves out of the way. "

hope that answers your question :)

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks jiffgins, I was going to link to that post.

-=-=-=-

jcUK, here's a pic of the scrog with a lighter in the picture to show scale.

C99 BX1

Day 04 Veg

picture.php

-=-=-=-

Here's the dried buds from the previous scrog run with the Sweet Widow Lavender.

Sweet Widow Lavender

picture.php

picture.php

and the final dried weight

picture.php

I got 63g dried from 1.6 sq ft with cfls.

I was hoping to hit 2 oz, which I surpassed, so no complaints here.

G

Gilles&Cheryl

I never know what to say when people ask me why Blynx is the only ICmag member that I send naked pics of myself to....now when they ask me that I can just send them link to this thread.

You're doing a great job, Sweetheart!

I never know what to say when people ask me why Blynx is the only ICmag member that I send naked pics of myself to....now when they ask me that I can just send them link to this thread.
Wow, I thought I was the only one. Blynx has that effect on people.

Sincerely,
Brett Favre

jiffgins

Not a problem confidential, lots of things to read on these forums easy to skip over or forget some things. :tiphat:

Excellent harvest from that scrog blynx, looks mouth watering!:jump:

Can't decide if I want to scrog or LST in a little cab... Would scrog even be efficient in a 1'x1' or would I be better off building the cab a little wider? :chin:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not a problem confidential, lots of things to read on these forums easy to skip over or forget some things. :tiphat:

Excellent harvest from that scrog blynx, looks mouth watering!:jump:

Can't decide if I want to scrog or LST in a little cab... Would scrog even be efficient in a 1'x1' or would I be better off building the cab a little wider? :chin:

I don't think a scrog in a 1'x1' area (screen size < 1'x1') would be as efficient as a 1'x1' scrog (screen size = 1'x1') in a slightly larger area.

If you don't mount the screen to the wall, you will lose growing/flowering space on all four sides due to a frame for the screen.

I also think a slightly larger cab allows for beneficial reflection to the outside buds instead of having them press up against a wall and get a lot less light to those sides.

jiffgins

I don't think a scrog in a 1'x1' area (screen size < 1'x1') would be as efficient as a 1'x1' scrog (screen size = 1'x1') in a slightly larger area.

If you don't mount the screen to the wall, you will lose growing/flowering space on all four sides due to a frame for the screen.

I also think a slightly larger cab allows for beneficial reflection to the outside buds instead of having them press up against a wall and get a lot less light to those sides.

Thanks for the info, I'm a little hesitant to mount the screen to the actual cab due to this being my first grow i don't want it too high or too low and not be able to adjust if need be. Trying to think of the best way to go about things prior to building it :p

Lorien

blynx you are doing the cannabis community a huge boost by documenting your cfl micro grows. can u give us a breakdown of your nute schedual?