What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the CFL cab with the scrog.

I had planned on letting 2 plants to grow up to the scrog and training them, but then I realized I had 2 large overgrown Sweet Widow Lavender plants in 6" pots. I figured I could shove them in the cab and bend and train the branches to the screen.

The Sweet Widow Lavender are clones from original TRC beans I was gifted. They are old beans and the first successful germination turned out to be a male, from which I did save some pollen. The second successful germination turned out to be a female. These clones came from that female plant.

Here they are all overgrown in their 6" pots

I transplanted them to larger containers

Here's the empty cab

Here's the cab after I stuck the pots in there and forced the plants under the screen

I then wove and twist-tied branches to the screen. Luckily Sweet Widow Lavender's branches are strong yet very flexible.

I had planned on immediately flipping the lights to 12/12, but it turned out the timer I was using was broken and never shut the lights off. I didn't figure it out for a couple days, until I noticed the timer dial never moved. I also had forgotten to add the two 23w cfls, so it was running three 42w for 24/0 for 3 days.

I added the two 23w cfls and replaced the timer and let it veg for another 2 days, then flipped the lights to 12/12.

Here's the plants four days into flower

Sweet Widow Lavender

Day 04 Flower

Today is the end of the first week of flowering. I'm still making little adjustments with stem/new growth placement, but that should end soon.

Day 07 Flower

picture.php

Not really sure what to expect since I'm starting with such large plants lol

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The C99 BX1 has just finished four weeks of flowering.

C99 BX1

Day 28 Flower

Buds are starting to plump up and the pineapple smell is getting stronger!:jump:

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
yea this is good stuff liq, lookin good blynx , cant wait till next weeks report, see how the stretch is, so far so good , and the cindy looks stellar

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plants in the 1 sqft cfl cab just finished their second week of flowering. I kinda screwed up and didn't check them and a couple branches stretched up into the lights and got burned. I pinched those tops off and supercropped the plants some more.

Here they are at the end of week two of flowering, and after I supercropped some of them again.

1 sqft CFL Cab

picture.php

picture.php

:joint:

G

Gilles&Cheryl

Looking great, Blynx. It's cool to see the cab with the bathroom fan, it was hard to picture what you were talking about in chat - now I see....cool design.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the C99 BX1 at the end of week 5

C99 BX1

Day 36

and here's the 1sq ft cab at the end of week 3

1 sqft CFL Cab

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin good Blynx!

Thanks!

Here's last week's Sweet Widow Lavender scrog update that I forgot to post.

Sweet Widow Lavender

Day 14 Flower

picture.php

Here's this week's update

Sweet Widow Lavender

Day 21 Flower

picture.php

I'm going to wait another week or so to see how far she stretches. If the stretch is done and there is still many inches of space between the bulbs and the canopy, I might try raising the scrog and containers. The scrog frame is just resting on shelf brackets and moving the whole thing upwards should be doable (I hope lol).

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
i say move it up, i doubt it will reach , seemed to barely stretch in 21 days, looks as healthy as anything ive seen ya grow

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 1sq ft cab at the end of week 4

1 sqft CFL Cab

picture.php

picture.php

The buds on the C99 BX1 are getting larger.

Here she is at the end of week 6

C99 BX1

Day 42

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the scrog at the end of week 4

Sweet Widow Lavender

Day 28 Flower

picture.php

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 1sq ft cab at the end of week 5

1 sqft CFL Cab

picture.php

picture.php

and the small 11"x11" CFL cab at the end of week 7

C99 BX1

Day 49 Flower

She's coming down next week!

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
interesting on the swl stretch, i was guessing more but i like that its not so bad, buds seem to look like they are gonna yeild nice, chunky too, lets hope the buzz is up to snuff, whats yer opinion so far on the swl ? also the c99 looks great !

Latest posts

Latest posts