What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What strain for a guerilla grow in a cornfield?

Bulldog501

They doing well :)
Here is a Hashberry (cutting) from Mandala! Amazing little girl - she'll get a fat woman soon enough :tiphat:

please keep them coming
theres some thing very fascinating about the combination of cannabis and corn fields

might have to try it with some early strains one day

Barefoot

ICMag Donor
Try it Bulldog :)

Just fallen in love...

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 26

slider420

Corn fields are good when you can watch them ..In the fall here the go down fast...I've known lots of cats that played the corn field game and got burned.. but when its good its GRRRRRREAT....:wave:

Barefoot

ICMag Donor
Some Frisian Dew were harvest last week, tomorrow I'll cut the Durban Poisons, Easy Sativa and also some FD are left. The HB is a real big lady now - I dont think that she'll finish!

Attachments

• IMG_1756.jpg
    IMG_1756.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 33

Frogger

i wouldnt grow in the corn. They put some funky shit on corn that is grown to be fed to livestock
?? As a farmer I can tell ya that we mostly all we spread cow shit all year long then some fertilizer at planting time. We all so spray roundup witch sucks! We farmer’s have all ways have had a war on weeds. So if ya plant in corn wait till they spray then wait 3 or 4 weeks for the roundup to work on the weeds then plant.
Ps if you see weeds do a farmer a favor kill’em.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/04/business/energy-environment/04weed.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

In my area the growers pay the farmers for the use of the fields . They send someone over with $10,000 to 20,000 cash to turn a blind eye .:tiphat:it all works out:ying:

Frogger

Just remember corn fields are the first place the cops look!
Use auto flowering plants are best fast growing and flowering strain . Get in and get out fast as you can!

Frogger

As I’m one of those farmers you guys are talking about I’ve have something to say

#1 were the hell is my cut of the profits like it or not you made the farmer your partner and you’re stealing from them
and as I’m the one doing most of the damn work here I plow the fields, dice the fields spray them plant them that means going over the fields 4or5 times to do it right.

Doing that is not cheap and its 3 or 4 weeks of work. we buy the land and pay the taxs!That farm equipment isn’t cheap. Neither is diesel.

#2 so don’t forget to pay your partner a big envelope of cash $10,000 or $20,000 a year is a good start.
farming is hard work it's a 7 day a week job .

ijim

There are three basic types of corn, Food for people, ensilage and picked for feed. Corn for market and humans is picked first early Fall. Ensilage is choped while still green mid Fall. And feed corn could sit until early winter to dry on the stalk. For to market corn you need auto flower plants or else the corn will be picked way before your plants are done. Ensilage corn usually is chopped right before the first frost while it is still green. You can have fast bloomers in there and harvest before the farmer does. Picked for feed corn is usually dried on the stalk. Thus the corn is brown and shrunken. You can have some late blooming plants in there but they will be the only green plants in there and very noticeable if they are not in the middle of the field or in a valley out of sight from the road or houses. Ive gone out and shook the snow off of plants and waited a week or so to harvest.
You cant beat most corn fields though. The ground is tilled and sprayed for weeds and bugs. I wait until the corn is about a foot high and sprayed. Then I pull two corn plants and place a seedling in the center. Gives me air and room to bush.

For a farmer, hard job every day, it's true, but for the people who loves they are doing.

i love cannabis, not only smoking, also lookin the plant, going up and down full of bags of sand, working the soil, the place, doing holes, squirting... I feel i'm in armony with the plant. then, later, comes the fruit and i enjoy much more.

All hard job can't stop me.

Bye!

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i will be watching the cornfields around me closely this year.

most are late harvested, october i believe, which would be perfect...

B

beakermuppet

Great thread, a lot of really good tips!!!

Anyone planing any corn grows this year?

B

GonBush

That's where those mysterious "corn circles" come from that they had on television last year. People were saying they were made by UFO's, hehehe!
Was just some cornfield growers old patch.

dickcorn

The year I ran corn heavy our best three of like 10 strains were nirvana gear. No one was early misty, rock hard frosty and potent done oct 5-10. No two was nlxshiva awesome guerrilla plant no matter where it's grown great bag appeal potency done sept25- oct 5. No three was ak48 put out a lot of frosty fruity buds but potency was an 6 or so, took those down in mid oct. Tried minis, they diddnt fair as well as established plants did, maybe due to not enough soil to compete with roundup ready corn soil? Autos did great in or around edges as long as they got enough sun. My fields can't be planted until July now as they've taken to doing a late spray that's killed ones out I late June. Probably revisit corn again this year after a short break. Can be awesome if done right. I recommend 2-3 gallon starts if you can to compete with roundup soil if it's used in your area.

dickcorn

Ps. You'd be surprised at how little corn you need to remove if you look for corners or where the combine turned around. Almost always a few gaps for some large plants. I'd recommend the earliest strains you can find, last two years weather has been nice and slot of corn has been harvested in sept. Kinda a gamble some years I guess.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
I've never grown outdoors in corn or other wise.
A friend knows a guy that does, and ALL His bud is seeded from Our Ferrell Hemp.
I've all ways assumed it would be next to impossible to get sensi in My neck o the woods.

Do You Guys growing in corn get sensi, or seeded?

Peace; 1TT

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I put up pics awhile back of an enormous corn field I was gonna put autos in.
Until I seen all the tractor tire marks from where they spray fertz and water by tractor every other week. Corn Fields are a bad idea.
They can get sprayed or run over.

XLNordic

another tip,, if you don't know muc about farming heres what to look for..

corn fields that belong or are near cattle farms.. as long as the farm doesn't seel produce your usually going to be alright.

Wait for the farmer/s to use a machine that is wide (about 20 feet) but only 5 feet/8 feet tall. They pull it behind with a tractor and it has wheels that fit in between the rows of corn. This is called a Highboy. The highboy is what the farmer uses for pesticide herbicide.. so wait a week/s after you see the highboy being used and you will be good to go. Like was said.. they don't go back to spray after the first5-6 sets of leaves are on them..

And don't worry about the corn shadingthe pot. The corn has been planted to give each corn plant perfect lighting.. so with 2 pulled per 1 pot being planted.. your pot will have more than enough light to grow fine.

Anyone else pull 2-1 ? what's everyone else's best experiences
very interesting topic with endless possibilities.
im also from Denmark and have considered Corn grows also for the most early strains
Ive seen the farmers doing their last pesticide sprays by mid/end July, so plants are not going to be transplanted out before that ( needs space at home to pregrow them)
Denmark is from 57,7 latitude north ( Skagen)
To 54,56 latitude south ( Gedser)
Our capital Copenhagen is 55,6 northern latitude and im in the the south part of the country myself at around 54,7
I havent grown for around 12-13 years but now im ready to go green again :)
Ive purchased some early danish ibl landraces like Leb27, Royal Dane and Guerilla Gold#2 ( origin unknown but seeds grown in Denmark) and some indoors ( Chemdog, Cheese and others) and autoflowers ( Auto Cheese, Auto Gelato etc) for some seed runs this year.
Cant wait to get started and im building my new grow room as soon as money is available and also a greenhouse to start plants early and pregrow for the corn ;)

ca leb27 NG.jpg ca Hybrids_from_hell_-_Guerilla_Gold ng.jpg ca rd ng.jpg ca dane-s-cheese-auto ng.jpg ca strawberry-banana ng.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts