What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

, 3oz a plant doable?? 600w hps

Hey guys so I'm new to this site and wud just like some feed back on my first grow and first scrog grow. . . Ok so a few more details... I'm in a 1.2m grow tent with a 4"rvk extraction fan and filter and austic ducting using 600w hps, temps stay between 74f and 79f. I'm using two 30L tubs and scrog screen is around 8" from top of pots . I am growing 2 "BAGSEED" in jacks magic compost only fed with plain water untill I flower then I will introduce iconic bloom and buddhas tree pk and flush the last week or 2 before chop.... My plants are around 9 weeks from seed and have pre flowers so I'm pritty sure they are both females, anyway this is my first grow and my first scrog grow so basically just want some feedback on what people think so far... all and any advice will be much appreciated today is day 1 flower.... Don't have enough time to veg any more but hopefully the strech will fill the screen fingers crossed 🤞 DSC_1649.jpg

DSC_1648.jpg

DSC_1647.jpg

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey Fellow,

Without knowing what the genetics are of the bagseed you have growing, it's difficult to guess the final yield. Also, you haven't included the size of your pots. Having large pots will help yield considerably since larger roots - with more room to expand - equals larger flowers.

My advice would be to take some cuttings now of the plants you have before they get too deep into the flowering cycle. Hopefully you have somewhere you can let them veg in 18/6 light/dark cycle. If the bagseed turns out to be good then you can run the cuttings again making adjustments on what you learnt about the plants the first time round.

Less is always more when trying out new varieties or bagseed. Try not to overfeed, it'll give you a better idea of what you have. You can always improve on the next cycle/grow.

Good luck :)

I'm not 100% sure on the strain but the smoke I got them out of.... I got told it was either girl scout cockie or Green crack I can't exactly remember what one it was now as it was a while ago.. And haha I mentioned the pot size in post above mate ther in 30L tubs. So shud have good root mass with being 9 weeks veg I would have thought, and yeah thanks man it's al a learning curve

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I'm not 100% sure on the strain but the smoke I got them out of.... I got told it was either girl scout cockie or Green crack I can't exactly remember what one it was now as it was a while ago.. And haha I mentioned the pot size in post above mate ther in 30L tubs. So shud have good root mass with being 9 weeks veg I would have thought, and yeah thanks man it's al a learning curve
per square foot:

• Gsc 0.5-1oz
  • Gc 1-3oz

insomniac_AU

Hi FG420
I have a similar setup with 1.2x1.2 tent and 600HPS. It is strain dependent but I have no problems getting 3-4oz a plant. I find 16oz from 4 plants not that difficult once you're dialed in. Good luck! :tiphat:

Hastings

Hi FG420
I have a similar setup with 1.2x1.2 tent and 600HPS. It is strain dependent but I have no problems getting 3-4oz a plant. I find 16oz from 4 plants not that difficult once you're dialed in. Good luck! :tiphat:

Yikes! I hope to get at a minimum of 1 kg (2.2 pounds) from 4 plants in a 5x5 tent with just normal household LED lighting in flower - 840 watts worth.

insomniac_AU

Yikes! I hope to get at a minimum of 1 kg (2.2 pounds) from 4 plants in a 5x5 tent with just normal household LED lighting in flower - 840 watts worth.
That's over 35oz mate not sure that will be possible from 5x5 but happy to be proved wrong. :)

GGNo2

Should be getting close to that. I'm not a great grower but I get 2.5 to 3 oz no matter the strains I've grown under a 600w. I don't even weigh popcorn or fluffy buds either.

Dankwolf

.4 to .6 grams per watt would be a good first goal . :tiphat:

Better to guess yield by sq ft or or per watt , just my two cents .

Ok thanks guys appreciate you stopping by, and yeah IC I think I'll be going with,,, 4 plants next time round to cut the veg time down quite a bit just hope this one serves me well with all the veg time ect they have hade

Should be getting close to that. I'm not a great grower but I get 2.5 to 3 oz no matter the strains I've grown under a 600w. I don't even weigh popcorn or fluffy buds either.

OK thanks mate for the advance, and yeah this my first grow so hoping for the best, I'm planning on trimming the lower half of my plants in the next week or 2 as this is my 2nd day 12/12

Well woke up this morning to turn on my light and my plants just don't look very health to me but give them ther first dose of bloom nutrients at half strength hopefully they start looking a little better and start growing abit better to. received_1980073888774997.jpg

received_524878961314520.jpg

received_1948961048523624.jpg

received_274201319958698.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts