What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mothers - What You Got thread!

yts farmer

Veteran
Nice one Kraken.

Your next problem is growing them all out to see what makes the keepers list.

All good problems though:plant grow:

Peace.

Snydgrow

View Image

View Image

The missing coco has since been filled in lol.

How long will you keep them in small pots? Do you keep mothers or just do cuts from cuts? I'd like to run so many space is always the issue :biggrin:

What I'm thinking is a DP120 with t5's for mothers & cuttings then I've a 80x80 with 250w for pre veg.

Also to the Skywalker og post not much info on it other then DNA cut I'm assuming his one used for breeding soon seen what it turns out like.

Snydgrow

F

FreeUrMind

I am a new grower and don't have mother plant.but a friend of a friend offered stardawg for £100
A cut.Fucker said it with straight face too.FFS ...I said no m8 I will stick with seeds.

yts farmer

Veteran
I am a new grower and don't have mother plant.but a friend of a friend offered stardawg for £100
A cut.Fucker said it with straight face too.FFS ...I said no m8 I will stick with seeds.

£100 a cut, not a good friend then.

Peace.

F

FreeUrMind

Friend of a friend lol and yes not good.he said I can get you cookies cut £85...aye right

Snydgrow

Have an unknown blues cut from 90's, taste different from most blues strains...

Hi Smokehog love to see pics bro I'm a big blues fan I've got blues x Casey Jones on the go now used to have a blue meanie cut lost her along the way was real nice tho.

Snydgrow

Snydgrow

Friend of a friend lol and yes not good.he said I can get you cookies cut £85...aye right

People take this piss with it sharing is caring 100% I've always put nice strains I've had out to friends etc the thing to find is other same minded people to many just for the money now days. Probably find it ain't the legit cuts of people charging like that I remember th good days £5 a cut and I mean a good size plant that's how I first started out had 8 white rhino outdoors was great summer and nice yield that year :biggrin:

T

The Kraken

How long will you keep them in small pots? Do you keep mothers or just do cuts from cuts? I'd like to run so many space is always the issue :biggrin:

What I'm thinking is a DP120 with t5's for mothers & cuttings then I've a 80x80 with 250w for pre veg.

Also to the Skywalker og post not much info on it other then DNA cut I'm assuming his one used for breeding soon seen what it turns out like.

Snydgrow

Hey Snydgrow,

I'll keep them in those red cups for it's entire life. I'll take cuts when it's unmanageable & start them again, but for the most part, they will stay in the solo cups

Snydgrow

I've never understood why people get annoyed at the prices of cuttings. Would you pay for an ounce @180?

Always who you know I suppose if you ain't got many contacts and you want it then I suppose it's worth w.e anyone is willing to pay tbh I don't think I'd ever buy a plant again seems the trend now days is f1 seeds hunting for your own keepers I would love to but need the space.

Snydgrow

Hey Snydgrow,

I'll keep them in those red cups for it's entire life. I'll take cuts when it's unmanageable & start them again, but for the most part, they will stay in the solo cups

Do you hand water them I take it you have to couple times a day? I will try this as it's good for getting many different strains on the go :)

F

FreeUrMind

I've never understood why people get annoyed at the prices of cuttings. Would you pay for an ounce @180?

Not around here weed is sold wet and hit or miss if it's half decent
That's why I am here to grow my own meds.need strain for insomnia

T

The Kraken

Do you hand water them I take it you have to couple times a day? I will try this as it's good for getting many different strains on the go :)

They are under a 125w CFL, I get around 2 days between waterings. The recent hot weather, I was watering daily. Flowering would be a massive issue I think.

T

The Kraken

Always who you know I suppose if you ain't got many contacts and you want it then I suppose it's worth w.e anyone is willing to pay tbh I don't think I'd ever buy a plant again seems the trend now days is f1 seeds hunting for your own keepers I would love to but need the space.

I guess you're right, but most of the people that are buying cuts are in it for the money, A £100 pound cut could give the buyer back £2000+.
Even if they're not selling, if you want a strain that is clone only, then you have to do what you have to do.

F1 hunting is a good way to find some bangers, if you can't get cuts. If space & time permits, F6 then backcrossing would be great.

F

FreeUrMind

Cheers The Kraken I am sure I will find something in seeds for my needs...

Snydgrow

I guess you're right, but most of the people that are buying cuts are in it for the money, A £100 pound cut could give the buyer back £2000+.
Even if they're not selling, if you want a strain that is clone only, then you have to do what you have to do.

F1 hunting is a good way to find some bangers, if you can't get cuts. If space & time permits, F6 then backcrossing would be great.

Yea very good point you make that's the canna business for you. F6 now that's what I'm talking about :)

yts farmer

Veteran
I have a few clones tht have been selectivle breed that i got given off a friend I may pick one to keep as a mom anyone got any suggestions on which one.
Cherry pie
Alpine og
Amnesia
Do-lato

Grow them all out, sample them and make a choice for yourself, thats got to be the best way:tiphat:

If i was blessed with those 4 cuts or any cuts for that matter i would of peppered my pal with questions on them cuts.

Cannabis doesn't have the same effect on everybody, what i think is fire you may think is average.

Peace.