What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RGS Guerilla Gold #2 /#3 experiences

browntrout

Veteran
Has anyone grown these lately? Seeing as RGS hasn’t approved my post in some time so I’m curious.

Planning to use in breeding project with A5Haze s1, BA#75, Malawi A5 and some of my earlier stuff.

I believe I had ordered guerilla gold #3 from RGS a few years back, a friend grew and the couple that popped died soon after breaking. I assumed just old stock they bought from one of the Canadians selling these before them.

Cheers

browntrout

Veteran
Also feel free to speak about non RGS experiences with the various guerilla golds.

I’m wondering if it has any relation to the Hasha strain.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
ordered these last two years thought the first year maybe i messed up but this year same results. not the best germ rates with the gg3. i might try their gg2 and see if they do the same

browntrout

Veteran
ordered these last two years thought the first year maybe i messed up but this year same results. not the best germ rates with the gg3. i might try their gg2 and see if they do the same

Yeah, hoping they refreshed the stock or at least made up for the germ rates in seed count on the gg #3

We will see.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is there a difference between the rgs gg 1,2,3,4 and the original gg1,2,3,4 by BB?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a load of GG2, and 4 in the freezer iirc... the GG2 was earlier to finish than the 4. In UK GG2 finished in september which is crazy early and the 4 in october.

Very good early outdoor line with respectable potency.

VG

browntrout

Veteran
I have a load of GG2, and 4 in the freezer iirc... the GG2 was earlier to finish than the 4. In UK GG2 finished in september which is crazy early and the 4 in october.

Very good early outdoor line with respectable potency.

VG

Great to hear. The GG2 seeds from RGS look like indoor seeds, the GG3 outdoor. I suspect RGS did a repro on the GG2.

What latitude 50-55N? And when in September did they finish?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
51N i think i had a few and they finished throughout sept. the GG4 was a bit more potent but finished a few weeks later.
i grew breeder brad's congolese x GG , october and quite a soaring high. i'd like to know about the congolese he used in that cross if anyone knows... i think there was a congo cut from canada and wondered if it was that.. possibly called black congo?

VG

VG

TP-grower

I only ve grown some similar Strain :Wild White (Enos xfiles x Danish Gold,- i think/HfH)
-But HfH have a own GG + many other very early,top outdoor strains breed in 54N/ Denmark!
+very cheap prices ;-)

G

I got some gg#? from a canadian breeder and some of them would be ready early august when planted out mid may at 55 north.
Most stayed small at under a metre with solid buds.

Attachments

• 26336new_203.jpg
    26336new_203.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 49

TP-grower

Here a description of the GG 1 HfH (-Translated dansk-english)
Guerilla Gold, original from BreederBrad. Guerilla Gold # 1 is an early and semi-flowering outdoor hybrid that is suitable for growers in northern climates and anyone looking for an early harvest of potent top shoots. If set out as seedlings in late May, then GG # 1 will be fully flowered around the end of August to the first week of September - at 54n one can expect harvest already around the beginning of August, at 58n around mid-September. The plants grow up to about 1.8-2 meters and have dense, spear-shaped top shoots which are covered with trichomes. GG # 1 has a deep sweet scent with sour and fruity undertones and a taste that is very pleasant. The dried shoots are dense and have a really good ´bag appeal´ with their beautiful green color and sparkling golden shades. The long tripped and euphoric high is very powerful and feels more sativa dominant than Guerilla Gold # 2. She has a rather intense punching effect which is good for pain, to stimulate the appetite, reduce nausea and also just for good old-fashioned fun! Grow Guerilla Gold # 1 outdoors in full sun to reach its full potential. The yield is about 150-200 grams per. plant if given ideal circumstances

F2F

I gave some GG3 freebies to a couple buddies. At 38N they were done ~late Aug outdoors. No germ problems, no complaints of mold or bot, they were happy with the smoke.

Peace
F2F

browntrout

Veteran
I gave some GG3 freebies to a couple buddies. At 38N they were done ~late Aug outdoors. No germ problems, no complaints of mold or bot, they were happy with the smoke.

Peace
F2F

Real Gorilla Seeds freebies?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great to hear. The GG2 seeds from RGS look like indoor seeds, the GG3 outdoor. I suspect RGS did a repro on the GG2.

What latitude 50-55N? And when in September did they finish?

looking back at my notes in more detail, the GG2 finished earlier than i remembered, late august/early sept.

G

Thanks for sharing! How did you like the nose/smoke?

I remember it being quite a strong hit but the taste and smell nothing special, they were solid performers at my location though and we had many years out of them and there hybrids that we made.
I am for sure going to try and germ some of my last seed next spring.:)

browntrout

Veteran
I remember it being quite a strong hit but the taste and smell nothing special, they were solid performers at my location though and we had many years out of them and there hybrids that we made.
I am for sure going to try and germ some of my last seed next spring.:)

Well good to hear, I figured it wasn’t remarkable smell/taste wise. But that’s what the breeding projects for.

Mostly seed moms for the hybrid, trying to keep the room from contaminants.

A5Haze S1
Bandaid / A5
Killer malawi A5
Shiskaberry
Blueberry x Shishkaberry
Blueberry x early hashplant
Peyote Wifi
Birthday Funk
Master Kush
Blueberry x Amnesia Haze

Just to name a few.

I hate running unknowns for the pollen donor but these seem legit enough to take the risk.