What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma Genetics Chem Tini - Testers

Bmac1

Veteran
I am not quite sure og.naj.

I will ask Karma what i can expect/be looking for based on the parents and go from there. Otherwise I am just going to scope out how they grow. If they are branchy and vigorous, I will flip them at about 12-18 inches. If they are slow, I will have to bush them out a bit.

Bmac1

Veteran
Karma, if you are reading, could you maybe chime in with some info the Chem Tini?

What traits might be evident that indicates the plants lean towards one parent or the other?

Do you expect plants to be more branchy or more columnar?

What would be your idea/goal for a keeper from this breeding?

Cheers and thanks again.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
The stardawg used is grows straight up and is thin branched has a good stretch. The Sd bx used in lemontini is similar but thicker branched. The Lemon Tree is more short and branchy and faster flowering then the two others.

Ideal would be a bit bigger branchy plant finishing under 10 weeks and having a Lemon Gassy terp profile.

Bmac1

Veteran
The seedlings are looking a little worse for wear this morning. Been a hot couple of days and they got some tea yesterday that may have been a bit of overwatering as I wanted to make sure each one got a bit.

They will be fine though. Once they dry out, I will give them some fish emulsion.

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
They got a bit worse over the few days following the last pic. I gave them some fish emulsion and filled the cups the rest of the way with more of the promix/ewc mixture with some added 4-4-4 all purpose. They bounce back nicely except for the one runt. Ill give the runt a few more days to snap out of it or it will be culled.

picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
The stardawg used is grows straight up and is thin branched has a good stretch. The Sd bx used in lemontini is similar but thicker branched. The Lemon Tree is more short and branchy and faster flowering then the two others.

Ideal would be a bit bigger branchy plant finishing under 10 weeks and having a Lemon Gassy terp profile.

Nice tit bits of info.

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks og.naj.

I'd have to look back to get the exact age but they are still ticking along. Ready for a pot up, but I am not, lol.

One thing I am noticing is that they do not want to produce lateral branching. I have the flour almost right on top of them and they still want to go straight up. Typically I notice this with males but if I had to guess, I would say I have 3 females and 4 males of the 7. I am going to top today to try to encourage more branching.

The right tray except for the front left plant are the chem tini.

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks nickman.

I had bought a couple new fans for my tents and liked them so much that I bought another lil blizzard when my 6 inch clip fan died in my veg tent. It was just a little too much breeze for the little ones and they took a bit of a beating until I got a new clip fan. Now the hurricane has passed and we are back to gentle breeze, lol.

I got them potted up to 1 gallon pots that are a 50/50 mix of a new batch of living soil i just made and straight promix. They will stay in these pots until sexed, then ill cull any males.

Once they settle into the new pots and i pluck some of the damaged leaves off, they will be good as new. I have also topped/fim'd to encourage some lateral branching.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
My veg tent is still fluorescent lighting. The flower tents have the LED and every plant in the tents is on its first run for me so its hard to tell.

Early thoughts are that the frost and budset seem to happen a bit quicker and I had expected a bit more stretch but they are being pretty reasonable for the most part.

Bmac1

Veteran
Then there were 6. The ChemTini have really settled into the new pots and are doing very well. First confirmed male and female today and the rest are sure to show over the next week. All of the plants are showing those early frost signs out to the fan leaves and are pretty pungent. This male was one of the more stinky specimens.

picture.php

First confirmed female is #10 and I hope she is still a 10 at the finish line.

picture.php

Veg tent is pretty packed at the moment. Finally have everything in the 1 gallon pots but I need to get another LED for the veg tent. Maybe a 4000k 200-240w light.

The ChemTini are the bigger plants on the left.

picture.php