What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Balcony grow 2020

jenery

Hello everyone,

another season is upon us and with all these sunny days ahead, I have decided to start a grow on my balcony. I was a bit late germinating, the seeds went into the water 2 days after full moon and here you can see them in the papertowel on the 17th of April:

The strain is my own creation from last year's grow.

Critical Soma crossed with mixed pollen from Himalayan males - landaraces Kumaoni and Parvati.

Today, we have a very successful ensemble, even though one plant is withering and might not make it and another one has not shown second set of leaves:

Here are two beauties basking in the sun:

Have a great summer and stay safe, wish you all the best, until next time...

jenery

Den 10 or so

Den 10 or so

Hello everybody,

May is here and also an update from my balcony grow.

All in all, I think the seedlings are doing fine and continue growing well. I have been hauling in soil and containers, the plan is to veg for a month or so, transplant into 5 litre pots and LST and train them to stay short. Then I will start covering them for the night to induce flowering. Get rid of the males and allow the ladies enough space for their nugs :biggrin:

Here is the mutant: And a typical one:

Everything together:

Good luck everyone, enjoy the sun!

jenery

One month in

One month in

Nice evening to everyone,

here is an update from the balcony, as you will see the plants have been growing well, only last week the weather brought almost freezing temperatures for a few nights in a row and new growth was stunted.

Pictures from last Friday:

And today I have topped them, so will be hoping for nice branching out in the following days:

In a week or so, when the plants are fully rooted, I will start transplanting to the final 5l pots. I have a nettle juice brewing for them as well, let's pray for a nice sunny weather and see you next time!

jenery

Final repotting

Final repotting

Hello everyone,

the plants are now ready for flowering, will be waiting for a week or so for them to put roots in their new pots and branch out a bit, top them again and start with the light deprivation as soon as possible. Here is the situation now:

An intruder damaged one of the plants, chewed off the top and some leaves. The culprit was my dog, who then proceeded to throw it up, so let's hope he did not acquire a taste :biggrin:

Well, I will be hoping that most of the plants are girls, I wish you a great day or a great night, peace...

How is this going Jenery? I'm excited to see how the Kumaoni and Pravati Pollen effected the Critical Soma cross. Looking good so far.

jenery

Progress - late update

Progress - late update

Hello everyone,

sorry for a long delay, I am gonna make a double post to cover the progress over the last few months.

I have decided not to attempt the light deprivation and so we have entered flowering just recently.

Here are the plants in veg, I was bending them and topping them a lot:

Current state of affairs in the next post:bigeye:

jenery

August in full sun

August in full sun

Hi again,

So the plant numbers have been reduced, I was killing males and making canna smoothies all through last week. I have now 7 confirmed girls plus maybe a few more, some plants have yet to show their sex.

Keeping them low is a challenge, but now they have more personal space, so I can tie them better if needed. Lots of sun these days and I love to watch the hairy pistils emerging, the smell is very pungent, herbal and sweet. Cannot wait to see the buds soon, have a great summer everyone!

jenery

September update

September update

Good day to all of you fellow canna lovers,

The summer is finishing here in the heart of Europe, some rainy and colder days ahead, but hopefully the plants will receive some sunshine during the last stage of flowering. In the end, I have 10 ladies, 9 of them are in the 5l pots, one is a bonsai project:

She was vegging in that small (now empty) 50ml pot you can see in the photo behind. Only when she showed sex I decided to give her more root space.

Her bigger sisters are doing great, I can see few differences among them. There are 3 girls with big buds and broader leaves - the Critical Soma mother leaning pheno and the rest is lagging behind with more leafy buds that are still not fully open.

Here is the state of things on the balcony a few days ago when I took the photos:

Hope you all have a great day and I will keep you posted

jenery

Flowering progress

Flowering progress

Good evening everyone,

Thank you for the encouragement Holderchert, I am also hoping for a nice finish. I have actually decided to take the plants inside in a week or so, I have five led lights and will be working on a small growroom.

Here are some photos from today, after the spraying and watering:

About the growroom, it is about 3m square and the plan is to finish these nine ladies and then have five plants a cycle in there.

I have to sort out cables, air circulation and exhaust with carbon filter mounted on the door. But the weather predictions for next week or ten days are sunny, so there is no rush. Until next time, have a great night everyone!:thank you:

jenery

Autumn is here

Autumn is here

Hello and a nice day to everyone,

The balcony grow is nearing its end, the girls are finishing nicely. There had been an attack from a caterpillar on the biggest bud, but the intruder got thrown into the tomatoes/

And here are the others, the Himalyan pheno have cool purple bud hairs, the indica pheno plants are losing yellowing leaves and the buds are more resinous, with sharp citrusy smells.

The grow room is ready to let them finish in dry conditions, but it has to wait until next week, so i am hoping they can resist mold in these following rainy days. Have a great time, until next time!

jenery

October and the harvest moon

October and the harvest moon

Good evening everyone,

It is that time of year and I can hardly contain my excitement anymore. The girls have been doing great indoors - since Saturday, when the weather outside turned grey and wet. I have already set the date for the Chop Day, at least for the five or six of them that seem to me ready. So on Thursday, they will be harvested. The three Himalaya phenos will stay a few days more, as I am still waiting for my Vitality seeds to come and there is no rush to start a new round.

Last pictures from the balcony:

The dark pheno, smells cirtusy and delicious, big hard buds too

The Himalayan purple hairs phenos

And a white pheno

And here they are inside:

I am looking forward to the trimming and the smoke report, until then have a great time everyone!

jenery

First round of harvest

First round of harvest

Hello all,

I hope you are having a great weekend, in spite of the weather. Here are the pictures from the harvest of the indica leaning phenos - 6 plants. There are 3 more girls, the slower Himalayan phenos, still growing in the growroom.

The white pheno:

The black pheno is the real winner, biggest and heaviest buds, killer refreshing scent:

All together:

And the trimming night session concluded:

I wish you all the best, enjoy the autumn:wave:

jenery

Second harvest and smoke report

Second harvest and smoke report

Good evening dear canna lovers,

The summer grow is now concluded, the last three Himalayan leaning pheno plants were harvested, and also the bonsai plant that vegged in 50ml cup and only after showing sex she got a one litre pot to finish.

The lot of it:

Biggest monster before cut:

The buds:

I have to say that it was a great journey and I am very happy with my own cross. The phenos leaning towards the side of the mother (Critical Soma) have some nice sugar coated buds, especially the Black One is a keeper and she is revegging in the growroom now. The smell of the cured buds is really sweet, fruity, one is kinda peachy, others are more astringent, some chemical cleanser and citrus. The Himalayan girls are also fuelly, with some menthol and wood pine incense, but it is hard to say as they have not been properly cured yet. The Himalayans have much less trichomes, almost none on the sugar leaves, on the other hand they have so many reddish long hairs. The effects of smoking bring about uplifting, joyful high, nothing too owerwhelming, but very noticable shift to contemplating mood. Works very good with music, yoga or meditation. Also very helpful for physical activities, as it offers the little spur towards being active and wishing for movement, enjoying tasks or sports immensely. The Critical Soma leaning phenos are stronger and after few joints the mind becomes stoned and I know I need a break.

Now is the time to start the indoor project fully. I have 6 NL2xChemxOrangePinkGrapefruit seedlings growing nicely and a friend gifted me 54 beautiful seeds of Em Dog, so I have 7 of them in the paper towel germing. Also, I have ordered 6 seeds from Czech CBD company CBG seeds, should arrive soon. I would like to also get Cherry wine CBD seeds and make a cross for next year's big plans of greenhouse Hempire. We will see, I will definitely start a new thread about the indoor grows this winter, until then, have a great night everyone!

Very cool Jenery! Looking great! Hope you enjoy the harvest! Thanks for keeping us updated I will sure remember this when growing mine out.