What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golf

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok so whos playing? I went to work for a while doing some commercial carpentry . Work is over for a while and the weather is awesome . I played the last cpl day, walked the course , kicked my butt pretty good. Carts will be put back out at the club this next week. I like to walk but can get a lot more holes of golf in with a cart and still feel like im getting exercise . Hope some of you others are starting to play again , spring is great golf weather. Enjoy !!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Ok so whos playing? I went to work for a while doing some commercial carpentry . Work is over for a while and the weather is awesome . I played the last cpl day, walked the course , kicked my butt pretty good. Carts will be put back out at the club this next week. I like to walk but can get a lot more holes of golf in with a cart and still feel like im getting exercise . Hope some of you others are starting to play again , spring is great golf weather. Enjoy !!

Finally back. Only once a week for now.. have shot 94, 88, 88, and today tada! 101. Lost 7 strokes in the sand.. dont care I'm playing again.
Not many courses allow walking here and I hear (I'ma cart cowboy) only allow walking in the afternoon.. dono for sure.
As for spring.. Ours is in January and February.. got to 33*F once and greens keeper wouldn't let us out, afraid that we would 'break' the frozen grass on the greens. and I did see about one square inch of ice one day in the sand trap at the green on the 5th hole. Took a drop. Good luck with your game.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great Snook super happy for you being able to get out and play again. Our local golf resort is technically closed... but they allow members to walk if they choose to play. This coming thursday the carts will be back out and we will finally be able to get some holes in . Walking is ok , but im a cart cowboy too, i like being able to get lots of play in . Yesterday I walked nine holes , came home and a few minutes later my son called and asked if i wanted to play , went back and walked nine more , boy was my butt kicked. Super glad to hear your able to get back at it , my scores arent so great yet either , but hopefully as the season goes on I will get better . Good Luck Snook , hope the body holds up and you get lots of time on the course !!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Great Snook super happy for you being able to get out and play again. Our local golf resort is technically closed... but they allow members to walk if they choose to play. This coming thursday the carts will be back out and we will finally be able to get some holes in . Walking is ok , but im a cart cowboy too, i like being able to get lots of play in . Yesterday I walked nine holes , came home and a few minutes later my son called and asked if i wanted to play , went back and walked nine more , boy was my butt kicked. Super glad to hear your able to get back at it , my scores arent so great yet either , but hopefully as the season goes on I will get better . Good Luck Snook , hope the body holds up and you get lots of time on the course !!

Thank you Babba.. hope your game improves.. driving range! BTW, I woulda been done after walking the first nine but playing with one of ones children would be motivating.
At 73 my distances from club to club are less (-10-15 yards/club) and off the tees (now from the white tees) more than that. Been going to the range but those things that came as natural moves have escaped me some... driving, putting and sand the most. I know that's pretty much the whole game but the come and go individually. and good luck with your game.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
BTW Bubba. A while back, my wife bought, at a yard sale for a dollar, the CD, "AJ Reveals the Truth About Golf: The Truth about the short game".
I been playing golf for over 50 years and didnt know the tips he gives about chipping. Worth looking around for on Ebay. I also bought (on ebay) the same guy, "the truth about Putting",
dont bother.. but the short game tips are gold and easy to see and then take to the practice facility and it doesnt take much practice to accomplish.

AND, as I was typing this it occurred to me to look on YT and yes, AJ Bonar vids are there.. take a look, the chipping tips are gold..
or I've had my head in the sand for allot of years about the simplicity of gagging the distances in the chipping process.
An with being buzzed when I get to the first tee and now the addition of oil vapes from the dispensary, the occasional 2-3 hits keeps me 'calm' thru the whole round.

EDIT: forgot to finish the thought: remembering all the things to do to have a good round of golf, keeping it as simple as possible at my age.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like we will have a good day to get a round of golf in , then the rest of the week looks like rain, got the light dep already to flip , so seems like I should get a round in while I can . Hope some of you others are finding weather to play in , sure am rusty after sitting out for a while !!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Super wet and muddy but I have been out a few times. I always play killer right out of the gate. Then the overthinking and bad habits rear their heads and the decline begins. Goal this year is to just play and not think. We shall see!

Great to get out!

Looking at new irons this Spring. The TaylorMade I got last year suck! Broke two shafts barely hitting the ball. Lousy.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sun is out , figure ill tee off about 11 am . Hope some of you other golfers are getting a round in . Have fun !! FORE !!!

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Bump….

lots of action in the golf world , LIV , PGA merger is the big one

Phil Mickelson has done more for golf in the last few years than anyone has in a long time

if I cannot get out to the driving range , I play online golf at WGT

anyone else?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Buzz yo are welcome , Porky , good to see a couple of golfers here!…

I know the arthritis well , broken neck in 5 places here , broken back in 1981 , and my goal,is to shoot my age while I am in my 70’s!…

buzz….the Old Course!….you lucky dog!…I hope the green fees didn’t set you back financially..lol…

but yeah , that is one of the courses on WGT and it is awesome!..one year the Open was played there and I watched the Tournament on tv and played the course online , at the same time

i finished in the Top 70…hahahahahahaa

i played baseball , football , and basketball in high school and always thought that the people who didn’t make those teams , they went out for golf or tennis

But yeah , golf is the toughest game out there and the most difficult yardage one will ever face is the six inches between one’s ears!…

the regular season is over right now so it is gonna be slow until the season kicks off

hope to see you golfers stick around!

one of my favorite golfers

IMG_7294.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts